Belem, Lisbon, Portugal
Travel tips > Europe > Portugal > Lisbon > Belem
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It celebrates explorers like Prince Henry the Navigator, Ferdinand Magellan, Bartolomeo Diaz or vasco da Gama.
The style of the building is very interesting, it looks like a bastion on the seacoast but is very decorated. There are Moorish elements, arched windows and balconies, the statue of a rhinoceros, motives like a spherical astrolabe and the sign of the Order of Christ.
Did I mention that the statues of the 30 persons celebrated here are carved marching up on the stairs of the tower? It looks very nice.
Avenida da India, Belem
Recent travel tips for Lisbon
- Tours to Lisbon, Porto, Algavre, Fatima and othersHttp://www.lisboasightseeing.com Lisbon tours. Porto tours. Portugal Travel Agency and Tour Operator. Lisbon tours to Porto, Algarve, Fatima with Portugal Tour Operators and Travel Agencies. Excursions by Lisbon and Porto tour guides. [...]D: n/a01
- Lotus chalets, Canal road, Migahajandura, Sooriyawewa,...Surroundings The eco-resort is surrounded by the following attractive places. While you are staying in the resort you can easily visit these places. Udawalawa National Park - 30 minutes drive Udawalawa Elephant Orphanage - 30 minutes [...]D: 5953.7mi20
- Clube de Fado Restaurant in LisbonThis Fado restaurant is typically Portuguese in every aspect: its architecture, its atmosphere, its food, everything. From the first moment we stepped inside the restaurant we felt as if we'd went into a local pub or something. Live [...]D: 1.5mi00
- The Feira da Ladra in LisbonThis flea market in Alfama the historic, old part of Lisbon, has a history dating back to the 13th century. To those who like bargaining and collecting some nice Portuguese 'treasures' than the feira da ladra is the perfect place. [...]D: 1.5mi00
- The Alfama in LisbonThis part of the city is special in many ways. First, it is one the most oldest parts of Lisbon, being first inhabited by Visigoths in the 5th century then turned into an upper-class area by the Moors later on. However, many earthquakes [...]D: n/a00
Things about Lisbon you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
In the cave the temperature is about 7 Celsius, wear tick clothes
General: Wear tick clothes
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
A really fun place for children, where they can take rides and enjoy their surroundings is in Funderland. It is conveniently close to the...
Family & Fun: Funderland
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head