Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in Nepal, Kathmandu
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in Nepal
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Annapurna Culture Trek gives great views of the Annapurnas Himalayas, The hike start from Birethanti and ends at Phedi. Along the trek you will pass through Nepal’s famous Gurung Village Ghandruk which provides you magnificent views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli. Together you will be exploring the scenic and magnificent beauty of the rich Nature, encounter Gurung culture in Ghandruk , Landruk , Pothana and Dhampus villages.
Duration: 7 days
Activities: Short Hiking-4 days
Maximum altitude: 1900m
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ June - Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: Pokhara to Pokhara
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 560 per person
Single supplement: US $ 150
Kathmandu-Pokhara –Kathmandu By flight: extra (if you like flight)
Minimum Group size: 2
Departure date: as per your convenience.
Dhampus Culture Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, meet our airport representative, pick up & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Fly or drive to Pokhara
Early in the morning after breakfast we will drive you to the Domestic Airport to fly Pokhara (30 min). Or you can take a tourist bus to Pokhara from scenic Prihivi high way which will take you about 6 to 7 hour drive and transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Ghandruk (1960m)
Start hiking from here we start walk along the terraced fields beneath the splendid panorama of awe-inspiring glaciated Himalayan mountain ranges. After passing a flatland, forest, cultivated lands and a suspension bridge we arrive at the beautiful village of Ghandruk after walking for 3 to 4 hours. An ideal vantage point in this pristine village offers breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli.
Day 04: Trek Ghandruk to Landruk(1990m)
We descent down through stone steps of Ghandruk village past several tea houses, After crossing a stream on a suspension bridge the trail drops in to the Modi Khola valley and reaches Landruk-Tolka and overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 05: Trek Landruk to Dhampus
The trail follows through rhododendron forest before arrive Dhampus,it is inhabited by a mix of people: Gurung, Brahman, Magar communities. At Dhampus village walk and enjoy panoramic views of Ammanurna and Fishtail incredible views and overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 06: Trek Phedi and drive to Pokhara
From here work down to mostly downhill through forest to Phedi from here 1 hour, end the trek and drive to Pokhara. Afternoon free for personal activities simply visit beautiful lakeside market,
Day 07: Pokhara to Kathamndu: Drive or take a flight to Kathmandu. It is 30 minutes flight to Kathmandu or 6 to 7 hour drive by tourist coach and overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Final departure, transfer to airport
Trek Package Cost Includes
1. Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
2. Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
3. Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
4. Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
5. Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
6. 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara before and after the trek.
7. Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
8. Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
9. Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
1. Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
2. Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
3. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
4. Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
5. Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
6. Personal trekking gear for the trek.
More Infos: http://www.himalayanmentor.com/
Cost: US $ 560 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bankok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Nepamount Trekking pvt. Ltd.We are specialist trekking, rafting,canoeing,rock climbing,peaks climbing,bungee jumping,safaris, sightseeing,mountain biking, etc. organizer based in Nepal. [...]D: 3.4mi00
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek BEST OFFERAnnapurna Base Camp Trek is the classic journey to Annapurna’s hidden moraine valley which offers magnificent views, easy walks through the beautiful hill terrace helmets as well as perfect neat and clean local teahouse lodges , good [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Trekking in NepalNepal is a definitive goal for the trekking lover – offering a bunch of potential outcomes from the short and simple to the requesting difficulties of the cold pinnacles. Simple, direct or thorough – there is something for everybody. [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Everest Base Camp Trekking,Trekking to Everest,Everest...Everest Base Camp Trekking Overview MAX ALTITUDE: N/A DURATION: 17 Days GRADE: N/A Introduction Everest base camp trekking is one of the popular trekking destinations. Everest trekking is the most famous trekking routes in the world and is [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Annapurna Base Camp TrekAnnapurna base camp trek has long been one of the most popular trekking destinations amongst the trekkers across the world, the Mt. Annapurna (8,091 m, 26,545 ft), the world’s tenth highest mountain has always been the dream holiday for [...]D: 0.5mi00
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are looking for a beach vacation, Cairns isnt the right place, because there´s no beach close to the city, neither you can walk there. But...
Outdoors Activities: No beach vacations
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
Budapest is a very nice city, I have been there many times. There are so many places which worth to be visited. Because Budapest is a crowded city...
General: Budapest Public Transport
If you want to leave your car somewhere which is not a real parking lot be careful not to park on the grass! Some months ago we were at the Zoo and...
General: Be careful when parking in Debrecen
If you like betting on horses, you should also try the dog race stadium at Dublin, the Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium. There you can already...
Night Life & Entertainment: Shelbourne Park Greyhound Stadium
Visit Braila city ,Romania, an historical towm on the Danube, with a local guide -walking tour in Braila city -historical places,churches,main...
Sightseeing: Braila city tour/Braila walking tour
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant