Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in Nepal, Kathmandu
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in Nepal
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Annapurna Culture Trek gives great views of the Annapurnas Himalayas, The hike start from Birethanti and ends at Phedi. Along the trek you will pass through Nepal’s famous Gurung Village Ghandruk which provides you magnificent views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli. Together you will be exploring the scenic and magnificent beauty of the rich Nature, encounter Gurung culture in Ghandruk , Landruk , Pothana and Dhampus villages.
Duration: 7 days
Activities: Short Hiking-4 days
Maximum altitude: 1900m
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ June - Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: Pokhara to Pokhara
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 560 per person
Single supplement: US $ 150
Kathmandu-Pokhara –Kathmandu By flight: extra (if you like flight)
Minimum Group size: 2
Departure date: as per your convenience.
Dhampus Culture Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, meet our airport representative, pick up & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Fly or drive to Pokhara
Early in the morning after breakfast we will drive you to the Domestic Airport to fly Pokhara (30 min). Or you can take a tourist bus to Pokhara from scenic Prihivi high way which will take you about 6 to 7 hour drive and transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Ghandruk (1960m)
Start hiking from here we start walk along the terraced fields beneath the splendid panorama of awe-inspiring glaciated Himalayan mountain ranges. After passing a flatland, forest, cultivated lands and a suspension bridge we arrive at the beautiful village of Ghandruk after walking for 3 to 4 hours. An ideal vantage point in this pristine village offers breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli.
Day 04: Trek Ghandruk to Landruk(1990m)
We descent down through stone steps of Ghandruk village past several tea houses, After crossing a stream on a suspension bridge the trail drops in to the Modi Khola valley and reaches Landruk-Tolka and overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 05: Trek Landruk to Dhampus
The trail follows through rhododendron forest before arrive Dhampus,it is inhabited by a mix of people: Gurung, Brahman, Magar communities. At Dhampus village walk and enjoy panoramic views of Ammanurna and Fishtail incredible views and overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 06: Trek Phedi and drive to Pokhara
From here work down to mostly downhill through forest to Phedi from here 1 hour, end the trek and drive to Pokhara. Afternoon free for personal activities simply visit beautiful lakeside market,
Day 07: Pokhara to Kathamndu: Drive or take a flight to Kathmandu. It is 30 minutes flight to Kathmandu or 6 to 7 hour drive by tourist coach and overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Final departure, transfer to airport
Trek Package Cost Includes
1. Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
2. Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
3. Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
4. Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
5. Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
6. 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara before and after the trek.
7. Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
8. Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
9. Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
1. Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
2. Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
3. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
4. Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
5. Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
6. Personal trekking gear for the trek.
More Infos: http://www.himalayanmentor.com/
Cost: US $ 560 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bankok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek (Sanctuary) | Trekking in Nepal,...Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Overview MAX ALTITUDE: N/A DURATION: 15 days GRADE: N/A Introduction Annapurna base camp trekking, also called the Annapurna sanctuary trekking is the one of the most classic and most demanded trekking trails in [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Everest Region Trekking,Everest Base Camp TrekkingMount Everest, the highest mountain in the Himalayan Mountain Range, where being able to stand on the top of the world has for centuries been one of mans most daring challenges. Once conquered by Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing in 1953, [...]D: 1.5mi00
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek BEST OFFERAnnapurna Base Camp Trek is the classic journey to Annapurna’s hidden moraine valley which offers magnificent views, easy walks through the beautiful hill terrace helmets as well as perfect neat and clean local teahouse lodges , good [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Travel in NepalNepal travel activities Nepal travel activities have many different adventure activities from couple of days to until a month. Here are very important to choose your trip before then your Nepal arrival. Nepal is small country in the world. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Biking trip to NepalGlimpse of Mountain biking tour in Nepal Nepal is the world's number one adventure playground for mountain bikers. Through mountain biking trip is one of the most amazing activities for travelers in Nepal which is possibility ranges from a [...]D: n/a10
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
Who doesnt know these little plastic stones and who didnt play with Lego? I think nobody. If you are on your vacation with your family in Denmark...
Family & Fun: Legoland
Oxford, United Kingdom
The Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for...
History & Culture: Pitt Rivers Museum
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
The best time to visit Jaipur is during Sept-Oct or during the Feb-March months.
General: Best time to travel
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Mamaia is one of the best points of atraction on the Black Sea Beach on the Romanian teritory. The principal point of atraction in Mamaia is the...
General: Aqua Magic, Mamaia
Raleigh, North Carolina
A really great place to eat in Raleigh is Margaux's Restaurant on Creedmoor Road. Though its Gothic-like decor may not seem the best choice for...
Food: Margaux's Restaurant
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter