Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in Nepal, Kathmandu
Travel tips > Asia > Nepal > Kathmandu > Annapurna Culture Trek, Hiking in Nepal
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Annapurna Culture Trek gives great views of the Annapurnas Himalayas, The hike start from Birethanti and ends at Phedi. Along the trek you will pass through Nepal’s famous Gurung Village Ghandruk which provides you magnificent views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli. Together you will be exploring the scenic and magnificent beauty of the rich Nature, encounter Gurung culture in Ghandruk , Landruk , Pothana and Dhampus villages.
Duration: 7 days
Activities: Short Hiking-4 days
Maximum altitude: 1900m
Best season: March/ Apr/ May/ June - Sep/ Oct/ Nov/Dec
Trip starts/Ends: Pokhara to Pokhara
Accommodations: Eco Teahouse lodge room managed by local community inclusive breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Transport: Necessary as per package you have required depends on group size – car /van/bus/flight/ to and from starting and ending point and drive or flight from gateway town
Trek Booking Information
Cost: US $ 560 per person
Single supplement: US $ 150
Kathmandu-Pokhara –Kathmandu By flight: extra (if you like flight)
Minimum Group size: 2
Departure date: as per your convenience.
Dhampus Culture Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, meet our airport representative, pick up & transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Fly or drive to Pokhara
Early in the morning after breakfast we will drive you to the Domestic Airport to fly Pokhara (30 min). Or you can take a tourist bus to Pokhara from scenic Prihivi high way which will take you about 6 to 7 hour drive and transfer to hotel.
Day 03: Drive to Nayapul and Trek to Ghandruk (1960m)
Start hiking from here we start walk along the terraced fields beneath the splendid panorama of awe-inspiring glaciated Himalayan mountain ranges. After passing a flatland, forest, cultivated lands and a suspension bridge we arrive at the beautiful village of Ghandruk after walking for 3 to 4 hours. An ideal vantage point in this pristine village offers breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli.
Day 04: Trek Ghandruk to Landruk(1990m)
We descent down through stone steps of Ghandruk village past several tea houses, After crossing a stream on a suspension bridge the trail drops in to the Modi Khola valley and reaches Landruk-Tolka and overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 05: Trek Landruk to Dhampus
The trail follows through rhododendron forest before arrive Dhampus,it is inhabited by a mix of people: Gurung, Brahman, Magar communities. At Dhampus village walk and enjoy panoramic views of Ammanurna and Fishtail incredible views and overnight at tea house lodge.
Day 06: Trek Phedi and drive to Pokhara
From here work down to mostly downhill through forest to Phedi from here 1 hour, end the trek and drive to Pokhara. Afternoon free for personal activities simply visit beautiful lakeside market,
Day 07: Pokhara to Kathamndu: Drive or take a flight to Kathmandu. It is 30 minutes flight to Kathmandu or 6 to 7 hour drive by tourist coach and overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Final departure, transfer to airport
Trek Package Cost Includes
1. Airport transfers - pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
2. Full board basis on the way of trekking- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner -3 meals per day and overnight accommodation at tea house lodge.
3. Transportation- to and from starting and ending point.
4. Necessary trekking permit, conservation and TIMS fee.
5. Supporting staffs (trekking guide and porter), as well as their necessary insurance, and accommodation meals allowance and salary
6. 2- Nights accommodation in Kathmandu and 2-nights Pokhara before and after the trek.
7. Sightseeing Tour as per above program, inclusive of all entry permits, tour guide and transportation
8. Domestic airfare, airport tax, overland bus fare for (Kathmandu- Pokhara – Kathmandu) before and after the trek as you wish to have in your package.
9. Wildness First aid kit pack for the trekking.
Trek Package Cost Excludes
1. Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara extra days stay.
2. Food (Lunch & Dinner) before and after the trip in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
3. Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral/hot water/ hot drinks/shower tea-coffee, chocolate hot drinks), tips for the guide, porter & other staffs etc.
4. Travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
5. Additional costs- extra days stay, in case of flight cancellation due to the natural calamities, bad weather forecast and other unforeseen circumstances
6. Personal trekking gear for the trek.
More Infos: http://www.himalayanmentor.com/
Cost: US $ 560 per person
9am - 9pm
How to get there:
Get flight connection to Nepal from your convenience destination India, China, Hongkong, Singapore, Bankok, Dubai and other Middle East countries...
Recent travel tips for Kathmandu
- Travel in NepalNepal travel activities Nepal travel activities have many different adventure activities from couple of days to until a month. Here are very important to choose your trip before then your Nepal arrival. Nepal is small country in the world. [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Everest Region Trekking ( www.himalayanjoy.com)Welcome for himalayan trekking in nepal and specially in Everest region trekking. please feel free to contact us for trekking in Everest region.... http://www.himalayanjoy.com/nepal/everest-trekking.html [...]D: 7mi00
- Trekking in NepalAcute Trek Pvt. Ltd. an indoor outdoor trekking and tours operative company takes you that further way to guarantee you has an unforgettable adventure that you have been dream of. Benefit, of course there is the Acute trek part of choice. [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal Everest Trek, Everest Base...Everest Base Camp Trek, Nepal Everest Trek, Everest Base Camp Kalapatthar Trek ……ONE OF THR MOST POPULAR TEK IN THE WORLD….. Everest base camp trek takes you into the heart of the Nepalese Himalaya, with awe-inspiring views of many [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek (Sanctuary) | Trekking in Nepal,...Annapurna Base Camp Trekking Overview MAX ALTITUDE: N/A DURATION: 15 days GRADE: N/A Introduction Annapurna base camp trekking, also called the Annapurna sanctuary trekking is the one of the most classic and most demanded trekking trails in [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Kathmandu you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to drive through austria, coming from germany, buy your highway tickets at the local tourist offices at germany. That saves you time,...
General: Highway tickets for Austria
The New Sofia Pub Crawl is the night walk around Sofia’s hidden and unique bars. This event is not for those looking for loud and smoky rooms;...
Night Life & Entertainment: The New Sofia Pub Crawl
Los Cabos, Mexico
A really nice, quiet-ish place to spend the night at. They have live music, the soloist, Katy if I remember well, has such a great voice. Though...
Night Life & Entertainment: Two for the Road Jazz Bar in Los Cabos
Helsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there...
Food: Kahvila Suomi
If you are at Avignon, take a look at the medieval pope's palace. It's huge and directly in the center of the city. You can get guided tours for a...
Sightseeing: The medieval pope's palace
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
Getting to Skopje and sightseeing the city!
General: Skopje trip
Corpus Christi, Texas
I believe converting a bus stop into a cultural friendly community area is a very good idea. Just looking at the Staples Street Bus Station gave me...
Public Transportation: Staples Street Bus Station
In the heart of downtown Denver this cozy little diner has been open since the 1990s and attracts people with its fresh homemade dishes and...
Food: Rocky Mountain Diner
San Jose, California
It is the best place in San Jose for kids. The Happy Hollow Park and Zoo provides children fun and entertaining activities from playing through a...
Family & Fun: Happy Hollow Park and Zoo