Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale
- Food travel tip
- City center
They had so many unique dishes to choose from on their menu I didn't know which one to decide on. Finally I ordered the Thai red curry chicken with Hawaiian fried rice. Ah, it was sooo delicious I thought this is what food must taste like in Heaven! :) I also tried out one of their tropical drinks to go with the food. With live music, really tasty tropical food and a setting which could have been easily taken out from a Tiki-Island advertisement, the whole experience was amazing. It is no wonder the restaurant is so famous and serves almost as a historical landmark!
3599 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308, USA
Average main course around $20-25
Open daily from 6pm to 9pm or 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
How to get there:
From Oakland Park Boulevard turn to N Federal Hwy. And the restaurant will be on your left.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Butterfly World in Fort LauderdaleThe Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical forest, with all the trees, bushes and most of all, the butterflies and birds. There were at [...]D: n/a00
- The Marina in Fort LauderdaleMy wife isn't really into fishing, so while she went shopping (which I know can last a few hours), I decided to go to the Marina and 'dive into' my passion. There were some fishing trips, and though I haven't made any reservations, the guy [...]D: n/a00
- The Stranahan House in Fort LauderdaleBuilt by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and simple 'frontier' architecture, and through the years served as a post office, town hall and [...]D: 2mi00
- The Flamingo Gardens in Fort LauderdaleThe first thing we did when we entered the Gardens was to go and see the flamingos, because we've never seen these animals before (only on TV), especially not in a natural environment. And I have to say, it was worth it. Those birds are [...]D: 12.9mi00
- Fort Lauderdale RiverwalkGoing down the the long lane alongside the river in Fort Lauderdale full of old, and renovated shops, bars and restaurants gives you a glimpse into historical Florida. Not to mention the view from the walk is beautifully breathtaking, [...]D: 2.6mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
WE ARE RIGHTLY PROUD OF HAVING DISTINCTION TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE K2 BASE CAMP TRACK FROM HUSHE SIDE. AS BEING THE FIRST PAKISTANI GROUP WE...
General: TREK ADVENTURE SOCIETY GUJRAWALA
Anyone visiting Moscow will certainly need to go see the Red Square with the Kreml in the back. This is an amazing site simply because of it's...
Sightseeing: Red Square
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Overland Park, Kansas
Place Delicate clothing can be placed between two dry cleaner bags and then fold the item and pack. The garment will not have any fold creases and...
General: Place Delicate
A history museum that lives. There is nothing more interesting and engaging than traveling back in time, and at the Old Cowtown Museum that is what...
History & Culture: Old Cowtown Museum