Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main 'attractions' of the museum are the many paintings and artworks of the house's owners, Mr. and Mrs. Bartlett, who being artists, preserved almost all of their works which are now on display to visitors. Don't miss a walk in the surrounding huge garden and be sure to walk up to the lily pond which is a perfect setting for pictures! My wife couldn't get enough of it! :)
What we were really sorry for was that we couldn't attend any of the workshops, because we didn't stay so long in Fort Lauderdale, but I'm sure the next time we visit and stay for a longer period we will take part and will try to learn something new. :)
900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA
Adult $20, Child (6-12) $16
Tue-Sat 10am-4pm; Sun Noon-4pm
Lectures are $5, classes around $35, workshop fees vary.
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort LauderdaleFeaturing Polynesian food and designed in a tropical style, this was the most entertaining, and interesting restaurant I've ever been in. They had so many unique dishes to choose from on their menu I didn't know which one to decide on. [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort LauderdaleYou HAVE to visit this museum if you travel to Fort Lauderdale. It not only has a huge IMAX 3D theater where you can watch amazing videos with various themes ranging from nature to outer space. I personally liked the one talking about the [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Disney on Ice Annual Event in Fort LauderdaleThe Magical Journey of Mickey and Minnie, also known as Disney on Ice is an annual ice-skating show which became the favorite of my children. Unfortunately we weren't able to visit Disneyland yet, so seeing the heroes of classic tales like [...]D: 14.2mi00
- The Flamingo Gardens in Fort LauderdaleThe first thing we did when we entered the Gardens was to go and see the flamingos, because we've never seen these animals before (only on TV), especially not in a natural environment. And I have to say, it was worth it. Those birds are [...]D: 12.9mi00
- Canyon Southwest Cafe in Fort LauderdaleA great restaurant to eat delicious seafood. I went to the Canyon Cafe with some friends, and decided that we would eat only seafood, but no one should order the same. So one of us ordered fillet, the other shrimp, another of my friends [...]D: 2.2mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you're in Vienna don't miss the Riesenrad in the Prater park. This is a sightseeing ferris-wheel. It goes round very slowly and when you're on...
Family & Fun: Sightseeing from the Riesenrad
An amazing museum in Montreal, the Musée d'Art Contemporain is the place to visit when in Montreal. The museum has many works from various...
History & Culture: Musée d'Art Contemporain in Montreal
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; firstname.lastname@example.org I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
Want something that combines traditionalism and modernism? Why don’t you try a local pizza? The best traditional pizza (ok, I admit, the only one...
Food: Local Pizza (so tasty)
Saint Petersburg, Russia
An adorable hostel awash with tiny cool details and cute things. I stayed at Friends on Griboedova, but they have some other location in the center...
Family & Fun: Cool place to stay
Kansas City, Missouri
Serving really tasty, homey dishes, the Stroud's Restaurant & Bar can highly be seen as the best American locale in town. Their chicken...
Food: Stroud's Restaurant & Bar
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Saint Paul, Minnesota
When traveling to other cities, countries I always look up the oldest buildings and churches. These buildings can give you a glimpse into the past,...
Sightseeing: Cathedral of St. Paul