Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main 'attractions' of the museum are the many paintings and artworks of the house's owners, Mr. and Mrs. Bartlett, who being artists, preserved almost all of their works which are now on display to visitors. Don't miss a walk in the surrounding huge garden and be sure to walk up to the lily pond which is a perfect setting for pictures! My wife couldn't get enough of it! :)
What we were really sorry for was that we couldn't attend any of the workshops, because we didn't stay so long in Fort Lauderdale, but I'm sure the next time we visit and stay for a longer period we will take part and will try to learn something new. :)
900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA
Adult $20, Child (6-12) $16
Tue-Sat 10am-4pm; Sun Noon-4pm
Lectures are $5, classes around $35, workshop fees vary.
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- The Flamingo Gardens in Fort LauderdaleThe first thing we did when we entered the Gardens was to go and see the flamingos, because we've never seen these animals before (only on TV), especially not in a natural environment. And I have to say, it was worth it. Those birds are [...]D: 12.9mi00
- The Marina in Fort LauderdaleMy wife isn't really into fishing, so while she went shopping (which I know can last a few hours), I decided to go to the Marina and 'dive into' my passion. There were some fishing trips, and though I haven't made any reservations, the guy [...]D: n/a00
- Butterfly World in Fort LauderdaleThe Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical forest, with all the trees, bushes and most of all, the butterflies and birds. There were at [...]D: n/a00
- Fort Lauderdale BeachVisiting Fort Lauderdale, or Florida for that matter, is incomplete without spending at least one day on the beach. The whole county of Florida is famous for its beaches and the one of Fort Lauderdale is no exception. Beautiful white sandy [...]D: n/a00
- Hollywood Grill in Fort LauderdaleFound in Hollywood, this restaurant serves Armenian food, which is a refreshing new thing in an American environment. We had to try out this kind of cuisine too, because we've never eaten grilled lamb or dense cheese before and I have [...]D: 5.2mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is...
History & Culture: Pergamon Museum
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Dakar Bango, Senegal
Needs someone to trust ,write me with id(Bintaphdesmond@yahoo.com.sg)
History & Culture: Trusted one
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Known also as the art and entertainment district of the city, the Omaha Old Market is a place worth visiting. There are several shops and...
History & Culture: Omaha Old Market
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.