Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main 'attractions' of the museum are the many paintings and artworks of the house's owners, Mr. and Mrs. Bartlett, who being artists, preserved almost all of their works which are now on display to visitors. Don't miss a walk in the surrounding huge garden and be sure to walk up to the lily pond which is a perfect setting for pictures! My wife couldn't get enough of it! :)
What we were really sorry for was that we couldn't attend any of the workshops, because we didn't stay so long in Fort Lauderdale, but I'm sure the next time we visit and stay for a longer period we will take part and will try to learn something new. :)
900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA
Adult $20, Child (6-12) $16
Tue-Sat 10am-4pm; Sun Noon-4pm
Lectures are $5, classes around $35, workshop fees vary.
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale RiverwalkGoing down the the long lane alongside the river in Fort Lauderdale full of old, and renovated shops, bars and restaurants gives you a glimpse into historical Florida. Not to mention the view from the walk is beautifully breathtaking, [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Disney on Ice Annual Event in Fort LauderdaleThe Magical Journey of Mickey and Minnie, also known as Disney on Ice is an annual ice-skating show which became the favorite of my children. Unfortunately we weren't able to visit Disneyland yet, so seeing the heroes of classic tales like [...]D: 14.2mi00
- Xtreme Indoor Karting in Fort LauderdaleI've been karting before, but it was nothing, a piece of cake, compared to the karts and the place in Fort Lauderdale. Known as the longest and fastest Indoor karting place in the whole state of Florida, Xtreme Indoor Karting surely [...]D: 6.5mi00
- Sawgrass Recreation Park in Fort LauderdaleWe explored and experienced the real wild side of Florida when we booked a tour for the Everglades in the Sawgrass Park. The private tour included a ride with the airboat with a guide and also a tour of all their animal exhibits, which was [...]D: 20.9mi00
- Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort LauderdaleFeaturing Polynesian food and designed in a tropical style, this was the most entertaining, and interesting restaurant I've ever been in. They had so many unique dishes to choose from on their menu I didn't know which one to decide on. [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
Kirkland House cheap accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for business men’s and other people need...
Food: Accommodation brisbane
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
The best science museum for all ages. We visited the Columbus COSI ( Center of Science and Industry) a few weeks back and we had a really great...
Family & Fun: Columbus COSI