Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The main 'attractions' of the museum are the many paintings and artworks of the house's owners, Mr. and Mrs. Bartlett, who being artists, preserved almost all of their works which are now on display to visitors. Don't miss a walk in the surrounding huge garden and be sure to walk up to the lily pond which is a perfect setting for pictures! My wife couldn't get enough of it! :)
What we were really sorry for was that we couldn't attend any of the workshops, because we didn't stay so long in Fort Lauderdale, but I'm sure the next time we visit and stay for a longer period we will take part and will try to learn something new. :)
900 N Birch Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA
Adult $20, Child (6-12) $16
Tue-Sat 10am-4pm; Sun Noon-4pm
Lectures are $5, classes around $35, workshop fees vary.
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Disney on Ice Annual Event in Fort LauderdaleThe Magical Journey of Mickey and Minnie, also known as Disney on Ice is an annual ice-skating show which became the favorite of my children. Unfortunately we weren't able to visit Disneyland yet, so seeing the heroes of classic tales like [...]D: 14.2mi00
- The Stranahan House in Fort LauderdaleBuilt by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and simple 'frontier' architecture, and through the years served as a post office, town hall and [...]D: 2mi00
- Hollywood Grill in Fort LauderdaleFound in Hollywood, this restaurant serves Armenian food, which is a refreshing new thing in an American environment. We had to try out this kind of cuisine too, because we've never eaten grilled lamb or dense cheese before and I have [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Fort Lauderdale BeachVisiting Fort Lauderdale, or Florida for that matter, is incomplete without spending at least one day on the beach. The whole county of Florida is famous for its beaches and the one of Fort Lauderdale is no exception. Beautiful white sandy [...]D: n/a00
- The Marina in Fort LauderdaleMy wife isn't really into fishing, so while she went shopping (which I know can last a few hours), I decided to go to the Marina and 'dive into' my passion. There were some fishing trips, and though I haven't made any reservations, the guy [...]D: n/a00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
Renting a car in Malaga is easy. Either you get your car at the Airport or right in the city. There are several car rental places at the train...
General: Renting a Car in Malaga
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
It may be the most expensive cafes in Venice, but Cafe Florian is history and a work of art in itself. It has been preserved almost like a museum,...
History & Culture: Cafe Florian
If you like nature, horses and culture, you should try a ride with the Paso Peruano horses. You can enjoy the nature and the spirited horeses,...
Outdoors Activities: Paso Peruano
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
Featuring Ottoman cuisine with rich flavors the Pasazade Restaurant or terrace for that matter is a delight in its own. They absolutely delicious...
Food: Pasazade Restaurant
The most amazing and entertaining venue that has ever been created for kids and families is definitely Disneyland. The one in California is just...
Family & Fun: Disney California Adventure Park aka Disneyland
I don't think I have ever visited a museum that has focused its exhibitions on the wildlife of the dessert and had such an amazing collection...
History & Culture: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum