The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays the place was turned into a museum, where photos of old Florida can be found among other objects belonging to the pioneers and 19th century residents. It is a historical sight worth visiting, not just because for educational purposes but for a better understanding of history and life in the early years.
335 SE 6th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, USA
Admission $12 Adults, $7 Child
Open on weekdays between 9:30am-4:30pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Xtreme Indoor Karting in Fort LauderdaleI've been karting before, but it was nothing, a piece of cake, compared to the karts and the place in Fort Lauderdale. Known as the longest and fastest Indoor karting place in the whole state of Florida, Xtreme Indoor Karting surely [...]D: 6.5mi00
- Canyon Southwest Cafe in Fort LauderdaleA great restaurant to eat delicious seafood. I went to the Canyon Cafe with some friends, and decided that we would eat only seafood, but no one should order the same. So one of us ordered fillet, the other shrimp, another of my friends [...]D: 2.2mi00
- If you like Nightclubs and you're in Fort LauderdaleThen you've got to check out Exit 66 on the beach! It's a new nightclub that makes going to Miami unnecessary! Check out exitsixtysix.com for pictures so you can see exactly what i'm talking about! [...]D: 0.8mi30
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens in Fort LauderdaleIt was a unique experience to visit an interactive museum, where you could attend workshops and experience for yourself the environment and artistic style of a well preserved, Eco-friendly historical place. We took part on a lecture about [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Sawgrass Recreation Park in Fort LauderdaleWe explored and experienced the real wild side of Florida when we booked a tour for the Everglades in the Sawgrass Park. The private tour included a ride with the airboat with a guide and also a tour of all their animal exhibits, which was [...]D: 20.9mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
If you're in Oradea and you like Tiramisu try the 'Crinul Alb' restaurant near the Continental hotel. It's not very cheap but it's very delicious :)
Food: Try Tiramisu in the Crinul Alb
There are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. ...
History & Culture: Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
Los Angeles, California
The Red Rock bar has been around for many years and it's a good place to start and end a crazy night on Sunset. You'll enjoy a nice atmosphere...
Night Life & Entertainment: Red Rock Bar and Grill
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe