The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Nowadays the place was turned into a museum, where photos of old Florida can be found among other objects belonging to the pioneers and 19th century residents. It is a historical sight worth visiting, not just because for educational purposes but for a better understanding of history and life in the early years.
335 SE 6th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, USA
Admission $12 Adults, $7 Child
Open on weekdays between 9:30am-4:30pm
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Canyon Southwest Cafe in Fort LauderdaleA great restaurant to eat delicious seafood. I went to the Canyon Cafe with some friends, and decided that we would eat only seafood, but no one should order the same. So one of us ordered fillet, the other shrimp, another of my friends [...]D: 2.2mi00
- The Marina in Fort LauderdaleMy wife isn't really into fishing, so while she went shopping (which I know can last a few hours), I decided to go to the Marina and 'dive into' my passion. There were some fishing trips, and though I haven't made any reservations, the guy [...]D: n/a00
- Sawgrass Recreation Park in Fort LauderdaleWe explored and experienced the real wild side of Florida when we booked a tour for the Everglades in the Sawgrass Park. The private tour included a ride with the airboat with a guide and also a tour of all their animal exhibits, which was [...]D: 20.9mi00
- Butterfly World in Fort LauderdaleThe Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical forest, with all the trees, bushes and most of all, the butterflies and birds. There were at [...]D: n/a00
- South Florida is the place to beSouth beach is where is where to go. If yo like fun, food and dancing and great wheatheryou will love South Beach! [...]D: 2.5mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
This is the little promenade of Wyk auf Föhr. There is some nice scenary as well as neat little cafes. You should try a fish or crab soup at...
Sightseeing: Wyk auf Föhr Promenade
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
If you go to Dublin, be prepared that the weather is not a certain thing there - it's the same in the whole country. An Irish saying tells that 'if...
General: The weather
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
I’ve been to many tours, visited many places, went even diving once but meeting and playing with the dolphins in the Seaquarium was the best...
Family & Fun: Dolphin Harbor in the Miami Seaquarium
New York, New York
Peter Luger is a great place to visit, when going to New York. It's in Brooklyn so it's a bit out of the way. Steaks come as large as you want them...
Food: Peter Luger Steakhouse
The best place to eat exotic food in Riverside is definitely the Punjab Palace which serves traditional Indian cuisine based dishes. With a...
Food: Punjab Palace