The Flamingo Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Fort Lauderdale > The Flamingo Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
Next we attended a live presentation about various kinds of wild animals, like crocodiles and cockatoos and the way they live and interact with each other. The host who was presenting even showed us a real crocodile baby but he said it was not very safe to touch it! Pity.
We definitely recommend this place to everyone visiting Fort Lauderdale and not just because of the crocodile babies and flamingos!
3750 S Flamingo Rd, Davie, FL 33325, USA
Fees : Adult $17, Child $8.50
How to get there:
On more details in directions, please visit their site.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale RiverwalkGoing down the the long lane alongside the river in Fort Lauderdale full of old, and renovated shops, bars and restaurants gives you a glimpse into historical Florida. Not to mention the view from the walk is beautifully breathtaking, [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Butterfly World in Fort LauderdaleThe Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical forest, with all the trees, bushes and most of all, the butterflies and birds. There were at [...]D: n/a00
- Hollywood Grill in Fort LauderdaleFound in Hollywood, this restaurant serves Armenian food, which is a refreshing new thing in an American environment. We had to try out this kind of cuisine too, because we've never eaten grilled lamb or dense cheese before and I have [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort LauderdaleFeaturing Polynesian food and designed in a tropical style, this was the most entertaining, and interesting restaurant I've ever been in. They had so many unique dishes to choose from on their menu I didn't know which one to decide on. [...]D: 4.5mi00
- The Stranahan House in Fort LauderdaleBuilt by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and simple 'frontier' architecture, and through the years served as a post office, town hall and [...]D: 2mi00
Things about Fort Lauderdale you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you visit this city around Christmas time, there is a Christmas market organised in front of the Schonbrunn castle. It's very nice, and you can...
Family & Fun: Christmas market at the Schonbrunn
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
It is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet...
Outdoors Activities: Avoiding wet season by going during the summer season
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
The heart of Aurora is packed with restaurants, bars, shops and malls. You can get some souvenirs for your loved ones who stayed home, or just some...
Shopping: Aurora City Place
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Gardens) is a great place to come to when you visit Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam. There are many animal and plant...
Sightseeing: Thao Cam Vien (Zoo and Botanical Gardens)