Beaconsfield Historic House, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Charlottetown > Beaconsfield Historic House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Beaconsfield House was built in 1877 by a rich merchant. It was the fanciest house in the town and it is still the symbol of the Victorian elegance. It was renovated opened for the public in the 1970s, since then it works as a museum and home for lectures and other cultural events.
The rooms are furnished with authentic furniture and decoration and there is an amazing view to the harbor from the veranda and the flower garden.
The House, together with the other institutes working here, was awarded for the effort to preserve traditional Prince Edward Island heritage. It is really very elegant and gives a very special feeling. :)
2 Kent Street
Prince Edward Island
Winter: 12:00pm to 16:00pm
Summer: hours vary
Recent travel tips for Canada
- Canadian Children's MuseumIt's the greatest place you can possibly take your kids in Ottawa. They have all kinds of exhibitions about the most different things. All the place highly educational destined to make kids understand and meet different aspects of life. [...]D: n/a00
- Wreck Beach - Nude Beach in VancouverFor those who aren't shy and aren't embarrassed of their nudity, Wreck Beach is the place to be. The crowd consists mainly of young people, many of whom came down on trail six from the University. The atmosphere is quite relaxed and fun [...]D: n/a00
- Parliament HillParliament Hill is the grandest and the most beautiful part of Ottawa from architectural point of view. It consist of three buildings that house the offices Canadian parliament's members, all three built in Neo-Gothic style. The view [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Distillery District in TorontoEven the name sounds wonderful... Destillery District. The area is a group of period buildings from the late 19th century, built in Victorian style, of red brick, and houses a number of great galleries, caffes, restaurants and even a small [...]D: 11.7mi00
- Altitude 737 in MontrealThe greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night full of fun and excitement. The name of the club comes from the [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Charlottetown you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Mehlsack tower is the symbol of Ravensburg. It's a 50m tall tower that was apparently built by the people of Ravensburg so that they could...
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
You should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience...
Family & Fun: Cave bathing
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Located at the city limits of Aurora and very close to Denver, Cherry Creek State Park is perfect for a day out or for camping. The whole area is...
Outdoors Activities: Cherry Creek State Park
This huge and beautiful facility is not only located in amazing surroundings, off the highway but also opens its areas of research to public. The...
Family & Fun: Chabot Space & Science Center
Saint Paul, Minnesota
There is no place in St. Paul like the Wabasha Street Caves. It is a huge underground facility with various rooms and where the hype in town goes...
Night Life & Entertainment: Wabasha Street Caves
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably
If you are looking for luxury travel in Switzerland, then pureswizerland is the right place for you. With Pureswitzerland, you will get luxury and...
Sports & Wellness : Best Luxury travel Switzerland