Beaconsfield Historic House, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Charlottetown > Beaconsfield Historic House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Beaconsfield House was built in 1877 by a rich merchant. It was the fanciest house in the town and it is still the symbol of the Victorian elegance. It was renovated opened for the public in the 1970s, since then it works as a museum and home for lectures and other cultural events.
The rooms are furnished with authentic furniture and decoration and there is an amazing view to the harbor from the veranda and the flower garden.
The House, together with the other institutes working here, was awarded for the effort to preserve traditional Prince Edward Island heritage. It is really very elegant and gives a very special feeling. :)
2 Kent Street
Prince Edward Island
Winter: 12:00pm to 16:00pm
Summer: hours vary
Recent travel tips for Canada
- The Paper PlaceI have always been fascinated by gift wrapping, so when I first visited The Paper Place, I was totally amazed. It is an unimaginable variety of colorful papers and tissues. Some of the papers are even hand made. They also have paper [...]D: 9.2mi00
- The Hurricane GrillEnjoying a meal in a relaxing atmosphere, and with a breathtaking view of the False Creek Marina is everything one could wish for when in Vancouver. They had excellent food which competed with the beautiful view. The waiters/waitresses [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Sweetgrass Aboriginal BistroAll I can tell about Sweetgrass Aboriginal Bistro is that its wonderful. The meal is unique and delicious and the service is friendly - though a little slow doe to the popularity of the place. The patio is calm and seems far from the [...]D: 1.2mi00
- St. Joseph's OratorySt. Joseph's Oratory has been founded by Brother Andre, a man considered to be a humble, modern-day miracle maker at the beginning of the 20th century. The church can be found on a hill near Montreal and is truly an amazing sight. Many [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Air Canada CenterLocated in the Lakeshore Boulevard area, the Air Canada Center is the home of Toronto's two beloved sports teams, the hockey team - Toronto Maple Leafs and the basketball team, the Toronto Raptors. The Center is also used as [...]D: 10.9mi20
Things about Charlottetown you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
Silk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can...
History & Culture: Silk workshop
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
I've never tried Vietnamese food before and I have to tell you, the preparations at the Golden Saigon Restaurant went beyond my expectations....
Food: Golden Saigon
Key West, Florida
Mallory Square is definitely a place to visit, not just because it is Key West's major attraction but is a place of history and fun in the same...
History & Culture: Mallory Square
Quite the bum, the Ooka Japanese Restaurant. They have a few locations in Pennsylvania, we haven't tried those yet, the one in Riverside is...
Food: Ooka Japanese Restaurant