Old South Meeting House, Boston, Massachusetts
Travel tips > North America > United States > Boston > Old South Meeting House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In 1773 here was the gathering spot of 5000 outraged Boston citizens that resulted in the famous Boston Tea Party.
A landmark in the history of the US, the building is a must see for every visitor in Boston.
I like it very much, because, like the whole city, it has got that 18-19th century feeling.
Old South Meeting House, 310 Washington St, Boston, MA 02108-4639, USA
Open every day.
9:30AM - 5:00PM- April 1 - October 31
10:00AM - 4:00PM November 1 - March 31
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Boston
- Trail of FreedomFreedom Trail is an important memento of the history of the USA. It is a 4 km long trial with 16 sites, all landmarks of the history of the US freedom. A red brick line marks the trial, so you can never lose your way. You will need [...]D: 3.3mi20
- Fenway Park in BostonIf you are in Boston, do not miss to visit the home of the famous Red Sox, the Fenway Park stadium. It is an iconic place in the world of baseball.The open air stadium can host up to 30 000 people and just being there is amazing. If you [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Legal Sea FoodsBoston is big on seafoods and Legal Sea Foods is a good example for that. They say they have the best and freshest fish in the state. The food they have is really good they also promote the preservation of the healthy and ecological way of [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Boston Museum of Fine ArtsBeautiful museum, somehow both classic and modern. Museum of Fine Arts has got seven galleries dedicated to contemporary art, which are all beautiful, but not my favorites from the museum.I love the Americas Wing that [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Boston Harbour ToursBoston Harbour is amazing, it still has got this 19th c. port feeling about it. You can take an old style Boston Harbour tour on a sailboat.The boat tour is amazing in itself, but the view is amazing both onto the city and the Atlantic [...]D: 3.2mi00
Things about Boston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
San Diego, Costa Rica
Beaches are naturally free and they are very good in San Diego. Some of them are especially beautiful. I would very much recommend La Jolla and...
General: Free and cheap things in San Diego
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
La Alcazaba is the best preserved Moorish fortification in Spain. It is in very good state and a great place to spend a sunny afternoon. It was...
History & Culture: La Alcazaba
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
We've visited the Alaska Native Heritage Museum a few years back during the summer. It was a memorable experience. We learned so much that day....
History & Culture: Alaska Native Heritage Museum
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
Buena Park, California
This is the Halloween event of the well known theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You should really see it. It offers everything you would expect...
Family & Fun: Great Halloween Program at Knott's Scary Farm
La Jolla, California
Westfield Shoppingtown UTC with its fantastically beautiful promenade operates more than 160 selected stores. There are, for example, Abercrombie &...
Shopping: Westfield hoppingtown UTC
New York, New York
It is heaven for all amateur photographers and not only. You will find here all the equipment you can possibly need to enjoy your hobby. It is...
Shopping: B+H Photo