Old South Meeting House, Boston, Massachusetts
Travel tips > North America > United States > Boston > Old South Meeting House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In 1773 here was the gathering spot of 5000 outraged Boston citizens that resulted in the famous Boston Tea Party.
A landmark in the history of the US, the building is a must see for every visitor in Boston.
I like it very much, because, like the whole city, it has got that 18-19th century feeling.
Old South Meeting House, 310 Washington St, Boston, MA 02108-4639, USA
Open every day.
9:30AM - 5:00PM- April 1 - October 31
10:00AM - 4:00PM November 1 - March 31
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Boston
- New England Aquarium in BostonNew England Aquarium is amazing. It is a three story complex with a lot of thematized exhibitions and programs for kids and adults as well. I love the jellyfish exhibit, but the tropical area and the part with the penguins is also [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Quincy Market in BostonAmong Boston's numerous historical landmarks Quincy Market has got an outstanding position. This 250 year old 'market place' is located in the center of Boston downtown and is very popular among locals and tourists as well.It [...]D: n/a00
- AxisIt's a great club for the lovers of rock music. Kind of a dirty, dark place, but that's what is so cool about it. Many rock bands come to give concerts, so you will probably have to buy tickets in advance if you want to get in. You can [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Boston Harbour ToursBoston Harbour is amazing, it still has got this 19th c. port feeling about it. You can take an old style Boston Harbour tour on a sailboat.The boat tour is amazing in itself, but the view is amazing both onto the city and the Atlantic [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Harvard YardIf you are looking for a really beautiful place to relax, walk around, eat a sandwich or read a little sitting under an old tree, Harvard Yard is the perfect place. It is about 25 acres large and is surrounded by the oldest and most [...]D: n/a00
Things about Boston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are aorund Bregenz at the time of july/august and if you like theater plays, you have definitely to visit the theater festival of Bregenz....
Night Life & Entertainment: Theater festival at the lake of Constance
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Helsinki is not a cheap city when it comes to food, so if you are on a budget, your choices are mostly limited to fast food chains. However, there...
Food: Kahvila Suomi
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
A nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores,...
Shopping: Debrecen Plaza
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
When you arrive at the Bear's Cave, you have to pay a little parking fee, but you benefits for it a shaded cold parking zone.
General: Parking at Bear's Cave
Formerly an old Theater building, the Taipei Red House is now home to various kinds of shops and artists. On the first floor you can find jewelry,...
Shopping: Taipei Red House
Get acquainted with over 25,000 fish from behind the glass walls of America's largest indoor aquarium. The Aquarium is the most popular visitor...
Sightseeing: Shedd Aquarium