Old South Meeting House, Boston, Massachusetts
Travel tips > North America > United States > Boston > Old South Meeting House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In 1773 here was the gathering spot of 5000 outraged Boston citizens that resulted in the famous Boston Tea Party.
A landmark in the history of the US, the building is a must see for every visitor in Boston.
I like it very much, because, like the whole city, it has got that 18-19th century feeling.
Old South Meeting House, 310 Washington St, Boston, MA 02108-4639, USA
Open every day.
9:30AM - 5:00PM- April 1 - October 31
10:00AM - 4:00PM November 1 - March 31
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Boston
- Beacon Hill in BostonI love to walk around in the historical district of Beacon Hill, it is the most beautiful part of Boston. With lots of well maintained old houses and cobbled roads and sidewalks it is very romantic and gives you the feeling that you [...]D: n/a00
- Legal Sea FoodsBoston is big on seafoods and Legal Sea Foods is a good example for that. They say they have the best and freshest fish in the state. The food they have is really good they also promote the preservation of the healthy and ecological way of [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Trinity Church BostonBoston's most beautiful church, in my opinion is the Trinity Church. The Romanesque style building was consacrated in 1877 and is one of the most popular landmarks of the city eve since.The inside is wonderfully decorated and has [...]D: n/a00
- Boston Public GardenBeing the first public botanical garden in the United States, Public Garden is still one of the most popular sights in Boston. It is really amazing and a great place for lone walks as well as family afternoons. My favorite thing about [...]D: 2.3mi00
- Quincy Market in BostonAmong Boston's numerous historical landmarks Quincy Market has got an outstanding position. This 250 year old 'market place' is located in the center of Boston downtown and is very popular among locals and tourists as well.It [...]D: n/a00
Things about Boston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Bat Dat Royal is a nice little Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant near the city center of Freiburg. They have a pretty good buffet and at night they...
Food: Bat Dat Royal China-Vietnam Restaurant
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Phang Nga Bay is located within an hour drive from the Phuket, here is what tourist could experience another side of the Thailand, away from the...
General: Top things to do in Phuket Thailand
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
New Orleans, Louisiana
The oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture...
History & Culture: Old Ursulines Convent
San Diego, California
The San Diego Trading Company, offers every imaginable souvenir like hats, caps, sweatshirts or memorabilia of the San Diego Padres and San Diego...
Shopping: The San Diego Trading Company
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide