Old South Meeting House, Boston, Massachusetts
Travel tips > North America > United States > Boston > Old South Meeting House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
In 1773 here was the gathering spot of 5000 outraged Boston citizens that resulted in the famous Boston Tea Party.
A landmark in the history of the US, the building is a must see for every visitor in Boston.
I like it very much, because, like the whole city, it has got that 18-19th century feeling.
Old South Meeting House, 310 Washington St, Boston, MA 02108-4639, USA
Open every day.
9:30AM - 5:00PM- April 1 - October 31
10:00AM - 4:00PM November 1 - March 31
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Boston
- Fenway Park in BostonIf you are in Boston, do not miss to visit the home of the famous Red Sox, the Fenway Park stadium. It is an iconic place in the world of baseball.The open air stadium can host up to 30 000 people and just being there is amazing. If you [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Beehive at the BCAIt's a great little place in the Boston Center of Arts. There is live music all the time, you can here some of your favorite soundtracks and great Jazz every day. The food is great, they have great jazz brunch on Sundays and some of the [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Trinity Church BostonBoston's most beautiful church, in my opinion is the Trinity Church. The Romanesque style building was consacrated in 1877 and is one of the most popular landmarks of the city eve since.The inside is wonderfully decorated and has [...]D: n/a00
- Beacon Hill in BostonI love to walk around in the historical district of Beacon Hill, it is the most beautiful part of Boston. With lots of well maintained old houses and cobbled roads and sidewalks it is very romantic and gives you the feeling that you [...]D: n/a00
- Boston Public GardenBeing the first public botanical garden in the United States, Public Garden is still one of the most popular sights in Boston. It is really amazing and a great place for lone walks as well as family afternoons. My favorite thing about [...]D: 2.3mi00
Things about Boston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
This is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is...
History & Culture: Pergamon Museum
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
There are a lot of options and packages to for travelers to explore Cambodia and Laos together on a single multi destination holiday, this options...
Sightseeing: Cambodia and Laos travel
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
No thing important i like go best place
General: Man or mr
Tacking taxis isnt so expensive, so use them to get from A to B.
General: Taxi's are cheap
Alberta is a nice Canadian province to require a road trip. the general public head W from city to metropolis so work their thanks to opaque gem...
General: The Ultimate Alberta Road Trip
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Andersen Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum is one of the interesting museum's that traces the history of something that you...
History & Culture: International Balloon Museum
Los Angeles, California
This is one of the classic places to go to for a great 'un-'healthy American breakfast. It tastes awesome, don't get me wrong, but you know how...
Food: The Original Pantry Cafe
San Francisco, California
The most delicious cake I've ever tasted was here in San Francisco in a little pastry shop on Market Street: DeLessio. At first I didn't even find...