Kuala Lumpur Sights and Landmarks Guide, Malaysia
Sure enough, you are looking for excellent attractions and leisure activities in and out of your country. Because of that, we give you one of Asia’s frequented cities which will definitely offer you attractions and destinations you would not dare miss at all. So, without much adieu, here are the top sights you can look forward to when you land in Kuala Lumpur. Take your pick and have a worthwhile stay in KL, Malaysia.
· Sri Mahamariamman Temple. This intimidating pyramid is one of sights to behold. It is a classical Southern Indian Hindu shrine. The soaring gopuram or tower exhibits dozens of delicately engraved statues of idols coming from Hindu pantheon. It was completed in 1873 and features gold elements and expensive stones which are parts of the style. An elaborate silver chariot within the temple is being paraded along the streets in pious celebrations.
· Museum of Islamic Art. It is located at Jalan Perdana, Kuala Lumpur. It is a large registry of international and local Islamic art - from fabrics and carpets to superb demonstrated medieval replica of sacred Quran. Research and library facilities are made accessible too.
· Masjid jamek Bandaraya. Well known as Friday Mosque. This British-styled Muslim temple has a pink fascia which grasps the sunset rays marvelously. It was established by A.B. Hubback back in 1909. The palm trees as well as the setting along the Klang and Gombak river banks grant a serene setting for your contemplations or prayers. Here, visitors are gladly welcomed apart from during the prayer moments.
· Petronas Twin Towers -along Kuala Lumpur City Center or KLCC. At the heart of the business area, the twin glass towers give you a dizzying image and architectural achievement. The Petronas Twin Towers, truly stunning when lighted at night, were the tallest buildings in the world until the Taipei 101 Tower was built in 2004. These towers stand roughly 1,500 feet tall with its 88 stories. A glass footpath hooks up the two towers at around the middle point. You can go up the footpath only that limited tickets are given daily. Come early, so you can have a spot. One of Malaysia’s biggest shopping centers, the Suria in KLCC, encloses the Petronas towers.
· Menara Kuala Lumpur. It has a spiral top and is among the tallest towers in the world. Decorated with Islamic designs and almost 1,400 feet high, this building is among the most prominent landmarks in Kuala Lumpur. The unique spire was thought to be motivated by the conventional spinning top of Malays. The superior ground point is always open to public. It offers restaurants and shops. You can go to its observation floor for a panoramic view of Kuala Lumpur.
· Lake Gardens Park. This is Kuala Lumpur's very famous park which was constructed in 1880's. Rowboats as well as playground are accessible here. The 200 plus extensive acres are perfect for relaxation and enjoyment.
· Batu Caves. These limestone cliff caves are sanctuaries for worship among local Indians. It is home to a Hindu shrine and a temple cave frequented by many tourists annually.
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
Read our members' reviews about Kuala Lumpur
- Asia Travel
review by Kamalika posted more then 30 days ago
You know how Paris is known for its fashion, and Japan for its electronics? Malaysia is simply known for shopping, and shopping everything and anything you need! It’s your one-stop-shop for all of those favourite things you want to buy and has something for every kind of shopaholic. Book...
- Adventures in the exotic Kuala Lumpur
review by lindamura posted more then 30 days ago
A varied array of cultures and traditions, exotic cuisines, one of the largest emerging business markets, Asia is where you are. Asia is a destination that everyone would like to visit at least once in their lifetime. It offers a varied landscape from densely populated cities, to open fields...
Read our members' travel tips about Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Tower
travel tip by Torontoguy posted more then 30 days ago
At the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in...
- Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden
travel tip by athenalove posted more then 30 days ago
The beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also...
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building
travel tip by Sophia posted more then 30 days ago
Home of Malaysia's High and Supreme Court, the Sultan Abdul Samad building is an architectural jewel combining in style the Western Gothic with Indian-Muslim. You may not be allowed to enter on certain days, but just seeing the...
Members Who Have Been to Kuala Lumpur
Community Galleries About Kuala Lumpur
- flightnetwork.com$509China AirInbound
Newark, NJ (EWR) → Kuala Lumpur, MY (KUL)
08/29/2018 12:40 pmOutbound
Kuala Lumpur, MY (KUL) → Newark, NJ (EWR)
09/11/2018 11:40 pm
- cheapoair.com$725China Eastern AirlinesInbound
New York, NY (JFK) → Kuala Lumpur, MY (KUL)
06/27/2018 01:45 amOutbound
Kuala Lumpur, MY (KUL) → New York, NY (JFK)
07/11/2018 02:10 am
- flyfar.ca$777Multiple AirlinesInbound
Chicago, IL (ORD) → Kuala Lumpur, MY (KUL)
08/14/2018 01:25 pmOutbound
Kuala Lumpur, MY (KUL) → Chicago, IL (ORD)
08/28/2018 02:15 pm