Sumida River, Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Sumida River
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The river didn't have this course, but was diverted to prevent flooding.
You can take a cruise on the river up until Asakusa, if you can go at night, because the view of the lit up city is just beautiful.
Cruise fee is ¥720 (one way only).
Cruises are organized daily, check their website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Hamarikyu GardensLocated at the estuary of the Sumida River, the Hamarikyu Garden park is a getaway for the people and visitors of the city. Though found in Central Tokyo, the park is like a little peaceful heaven in the heart of a noisy and busy area.Many [...]D: n/a00
- Tokyo Disney Resort on HalloweenThough Halloween is a Western celebration, it has become a theme widely spread throughout Tokyo, and Japan. During this celebration, many Hallowen theme-based mascots, decorations, souvenirs and other objcets can be found for locals and [...]D: n/a00
- Tsukiji Fish MarketThough not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its history and culture. Tsukiji Fish Market is noted the worlds largest in its trade and has a [...]D: n/a00
- Tokyo National Science MuseumMany musuems in the US feature exhibits of nature, but this one is really something. Tokyo National Science Museum has beautiful exhibitions of the wolrd of Japan, its culture, its people, its customs and everything that is Japanese. There [...]D: 1.3mi00
- 48 Hours Tokyo Guide - Local Knowledge & Cool PerksThere's times you'll want to spend a lot of money in order to improve your experience of a country and try things you've always dreamed of. After all, you've just spent a ton of money to get there and for many, it's a once-in-a-lifetime [...]D: 4.3mi00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
Whitsunday Islands situated Queensland Capital at Australia. Whitsunday Island can divide into four groups like Northern, Lindeman, The...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Rishikesh is a holy place with a list of interesting and historic places to visit. But the unknown fact is, Rishikesh is also meant for the thrill...
General: Rishikesh River Rafting Tips.
No one would say that this shabby, old building is actually a small palace and hides a beautiful, rich interior with decorations, and furniture...
History & Culture: Casa do Alentejo in Lisbon
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Built by Florida's first white settler, Frank Stranahan, in 1901, the building is the city's most oldest residential houses. It has a beautiful and...
History & Culture: The Stranahan House in Fort Lauderdale