Sumida River, Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Sumida River
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The river didn't have this course, but was diverted to prevent flooding.
You can take a cruise on the river up until Asakusa, if you can go at night, because the view of the lit up city is just beautiful.
Cruise fee is ¥720 (one way only).
Cruises are organized daily, check their website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- 48 Hours Tokyo Guide - Local Knowledge & Cool PerksThere's times you'll want to spend a lot of money in order to improve your experience of a country and try things you've always dreamed of. After all, you've just spent a ton of money to get there and for many, it's a once-in-a-lifetime [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Ueno ParkUneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art galleries and a zoo. Many museum have their residence here also, like the Orient Museum, Tokyo [...]D: n/a00
- Tsukiji Fish MarketThough not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its history and culture. Tsukiji Fish Market is noted the worlds largest in its trade and has a [...]D: n/a00
- Central TokyoThe first stop to almost every visitor that goes to the metropolis is the central district of Tokyo. Though the are has been destroyed many times by bombardmenst and fires, it has redeveloped and gained an interely new aspect of an [...]D: n/a00
- Tokyo National Science MuseumMany musuems in the US feature exhibits of nature, but this one is really something. Tokyo National Science Museum has beautiful exhibitions of the wolrd of Japan, its culture, its people, its customs and everything that is Japanese. There [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Ever heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago...
Sightseeing: Stadium Santiago Bernabeu
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Satu Mare, Romania
In the center of Satu Mare, there are some really nice things that you should visit while you are in the city. There is a big fountain in the...
Sightseeing: Lupa Capitolina and the Roman Catholic Cathedral
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a coastline city, therefore the sea is only a stone-throw away so you can lay on the sun all day, go swimming and tan every day. ...
Beaches : The Beach Resort
Belen, New Mexico
The Belen Art League was founded in 1956. It is a non-profit organization comprised of artists primarily from Belen and other parts of...
Shopping: Belen Art League Gallery & Gifts
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Ninh Binh: Particularly Trang An within an hour distance from Hanoi near the southern margin of the Red river delta, the Trang An landscape complex...
General: Holiday to less traveled road in Vietnam