Sumida River, Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Sumida River
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The river didn't have this course, but was diverted to prevent flooding.
You can take a cruise on the river up until Asakusa, if you can go at night, because the view of the lit up city is just beautiful.
Cruise fee is ¥720 (one way only).
Cruises are organized daily, check their website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Sushi-Dai Restaurant in TokyoThe BEST sushi ever, ever! There is no place that provides such a tasty, delicious and mouthwatering sushi than SushiDai at the Tsukiji Market. No wonder there is a HUGE line every time of the day. The best thing (most advised) is to there [...]D: n/a00
- Tokyo Great Cycling TourBeing the first time in Tokyo and hearing quite positive things about the Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, we decided to book a trip on our first day. That way we got to see parts of Tokyo that we couldn't have seen and doing this on the first [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Hamarikyu GardensLocated at the estuary of the Sumida River, the Hamarikyu Garden park is a getaway for the people and visitors of the city. Though found in Central Tokyo, the park is like a little peaceful heaven in the heart of a noisy and busy area.Many [...]D: n/a00
- Sensoji TempleThe Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that makes Asakusa quite an attraction for visitors from around the globe, especially because [...]D: n/a00
- 48 Hours Tokyo Guide - Local Knowledge & Cool PerksThere's times you'll want to spend a lot of money in order to improve your experience of a country and try things you've always dreamed of. After all, you've just spent a ton of money to get there and for many, it's a once-in-a-lifetime [...]D: 4.3mi00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Atomium is an impressive 102 meters structure that is a 'never miss' sighting in Brussels. To get there from the Gare du Midi train station just...
This is a fantastic Park in Munich. It's not as central as the English Garden, but more relaxing, and the best place to really calm down from a...
Outdoors Activities: Schlosspark Nymphenburg
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
The place with the best night life is definitely Siofok. You can find there parties all night long right near the Balaton lake. Give it a try!
Night Life & Entertainment: Siofok, near Balaton lake
They have great Italian food and good jazz all the time. They have a TV and you can freely read newspapers and magazines. Altogether it's a rather...
Night Life & Entertainment: Caffè Megara
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
San Francisco, California
Sutro Baths is at the north west corner of the city next to the Cliff House. The baths, which are now ruins, was a popular swimming pool that...
Outdoors Activities: Sutro Baths
Novi Sad, Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach