Sumida River, Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Sumida River
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The river didn't have this course, but was diverted to prevent flooding.
You can take a cruise on the river up until Asakusa, if you can go at night, because the view of the lit up city is just beautiful.
Cruise fee is ¥720 (one way only).
Cruises are organized daily, check their website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Imperial Palace in TokyoHome to the imperial family, the palace is not accessible to the public, only the East Gardens, and not every day either.The Imperial Palace was built on the same spot where many years ago the Edo castle stood. It had suffered bombardment [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Ueno ParkUneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art galleries and a zoo. Many museum have their residence here also, like the Orient Museum, Tokyo [...]D: n/a00
- Yoyogi ParkThe main thing that you can do in the park, apart from walking around, is people-watching. You might be surprised now, but that is what visitors do when they go to Yoyogi Park, and believe me that park is truly a sight you'd never see [...]D: 4.3mi00
- Tokyo Great Cycling TourBeing the first time in Tokyo and hearing quite positive things about the Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, we decided to book a trip on our first day. That way we got to see parts of Tokyo that we couldn't have seen and doing this on the first [...]D: 1.9mi00
- Central TokyoThe first stop to almost every visitor that goes to the metropolis is the central district of Tokyo. Though the are has been destroyed many times by bombardmenst and fires, it has redeveloped and gained an interely new aspect of an [...]D: n/a00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
There is no man on the earth who would not find the tango one of the most beautiful dances in the world. To see is in Argentina, one of its homes...
Night Life & Entertainment: Tango Show in El Viejo Almacen
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
A favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white...
Sightseeing: Philippines' all-in-one tourist destination
A felicity small world of true Italian cuisine and atmosphere, the Piccolo Mondo is not only elegant in its design but also remarkable in its...
Food: Piccolo Mondo
Though with wide spaces, the areas of the animals are thus arranged in the Milwaukee County Zoo that you can easily see the animals either taking a...
Family & Fun: Milwaukee County Zoo
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head