Central Tokyo, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Tokyo > Central Tokyo
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Home of the Imperial Palace, which is located in the middle of the area, Central Tokyo draws many visitors and locals alike. There are however parks to be found, for those who'd like to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but in general, this distrcit if the symbol of energy, tourism and development.
For those in interest of shopping or electronics, Central Tokyo has the key with the Ginza and Akihabara districts. Everyone can find anything here, so just come with a list, and explore.
Central Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Recent travel tips for Tokyo
- Hamarikyu GardensLocated at the estuary of the Sumida River, the Hamarikyu Garden park is a getaway for the people and visitors of the city. Though found in Central Tokyo, the park is like a little peaceful heaven in the heart of a noisy and busy area.Many [...]D: n/a00
- Imperial Palace in TokyoHome to the imperial family, the palace is not accessible to the public, only the East Gardens, and not every day either.The Imperial Palace was built on the same spot where many years ago the Edo castle stood. It had suffered bombardment [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Sushi-Dai Restaurant in TokyoThe BEST sushi ever, ever! There is no place that provides such a tasty, delicious and mouthwatering sushi than SushiDai at the Tsukiji Market. No wonder there is a HUGE line every time of the day. The best thing (most advised) is to there [...]D: n/a00
- Sensoji TempleThe Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that makes Asakusa quite an attraction for visitors from around the globe, especially because [...]D: n/a00
- Yoyogi ParkThe main thing that you can do in the park, apart from walking around, is people-watching. You might be surprised now, but that is what visitors do when they go to Yoyogi Park, and believe me that park is truly a sight you'd never see [...]D: 4.3mi00
Things about Tokyo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
I WAS THERE 5 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE IS VERY FRIENDLY, THEY MAKE YOU PART OF THEIR FAMILY, IS SO HARD TO FORGET PEOPLE LIKE THEM
General: FRIENDLY PEOPLE
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Buffalo, New York
Though it may not be a big museum, the Buffalo Museum of Science is still an interactive facility worth visiting. Children of all ages can find...
Family & Fun: Buffalo Museum of Science
A bar with character, the Slippery Noodle Inn is a music gem in downtown Indianapolis. There is live blues music every night of the week, and...
Night Life & Entertainment: Slippery Noodle Inn
San Francisco, California
Hidden in the back of Pier 45 is an warehouse converted into an old arcade Museum. Featuring a variety of games dating back to the early 1900's....
Family & Fun: Musée Mécanique