The La Loma Cockpit, Quezon City, Philippines
Travel tips > Oceania & Australasia > Philippines > Quezon City > The La Loma Cockpit
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
La Loma was found in 1903 and is still extremely popular. The owners are the Guisons, the heirs of the founder, Don Tomas Guison. It is opened on Sundays and holidays and is always extremely crowded - both with locals and tourists. It's a common form of gambling as well!
It was really strange for me how all those people enjoy the bloody fight of those animals, especially when I learned that the roosters have sharped blades joined to their legs to make the fight more 'interesting'. But I guess it's just like bullfighting in Spain.
68 Calavite St.,
La Loma, Blumentritt
Sundays and holidays.
Recent travel tips for Philippines
- Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of NatbaHello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in 18th century. How about riding a raft at the Co-ca river, a man-made river built 230 years [...]D: n/a10
- Daydream Laguna ResortDAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses of reality in our relaxing outdoor cabanas. • Enjoy a massage, manicure or pedicure from [...]D: n/a10
- Philippines' all-in-one tourist destinationA favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white beaches, crystal-clear waters hosting abundant marine life, fantastic caverns, towering mangroves [...]D: 477.7mi00
- Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialistDon't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community. [...]D: 6.1mi30
- Optical service in Dagupan CityThe people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the best service! [...]D: n/a80
Things about Quezon City you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Nafplion travel tips - Greece
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Sopron travel tips - Hungary
Last year we stayed a night in the Mandarin pension in Sopron. I can recommend this place because I was really satisfied with it. We paid around 20...
General: Mandarin Pension in Sopron
Chandigarh travel tips - India
It was a trip to the Entertainment Capital of the World; excitement was at its heights. It was not a bachelor party, neither a hush-hush...
Family & Fun: Reveling at Vegas – Getting Attracted to Distractions
Viareggio travel tips - Italy
It isn't a good place at all. The waiters were impolite, the menu was a single sheet thrown onto the table and without prices. We ordered meal...
Tokyo travel tips - Japan
The BEST sushi ever, ever! There is no place that provides such a tasty, delicious and mouthwatering sushi than SushiDai at the Tsukiji Market. No...
Food: Sushi-Dai Restaurant in Tokyo
Hermosillo travel tips - Mexico
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
Dumaguete City travel tips - Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Belen travel tips - New Mexico
Local artist Zack Meyer and his crew are decorating the buildings of downtown Belen with colorful murals. There's something for everyone...
Sightseeing: Belen Murals
Sunnyvale travel tips - California
Going to visit family n friends in paradise!
General: Family n friends
Wichita travel tips - Kansas
In interesting collection of decorative art, sculptures and paintings, not to mention photography and guest exhibitions can be found in the Wichita...
History & Culture: Wichita Art Museum