The La Loma Cockpit, Quezon City, Philippines
Travel tips > Oceania & Australasia > Philippines > Quezon City > The La Loma Cockpit
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
La Loma was found in 1903 and is still extremely popular. The owners are the Guisons, the heirs of the founder, Don Tomas Guison. It is opened on Sundays and holidays and is always extremely crowded - both with locals and tourists. It's a common form of gambling as well!
It was really strange for me how all those people enjoy the bloody fight of those animals, especially when I learned that the roosters have sharped blades joined to their legs to make the fight more 'interesting'. But I guess it's just like bullfighting in Spain.
68 Calavite St.,
La Loma, Blumentritt
Sundays and holidays.
Recent travel tips for Philippines
- Avoiding wet season by going during the summer seasonIt is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet season is usually accompanied by heavy rain pours, scattered rain showers and even typhoons [...]D: n/a10
- Plan Your Trip With TrekeffectTrekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and collaborate and plan trips with your friends. [...]D: 145.9mi00
- Optical serviceTada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!! [...]D: 1.3mi40
- Philippines' all-in-one tourist destinationA favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white beaches, crystal-clear waters hosting abundant marine life, fantastic caverns, towering mangroves [...]D: 477.7mi00
- Roundtrip tip with pie adviseHow about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! You can start from Makati or Cainta. Its a six to seven hour travel, no side trips. Me and my [...]D: n/a10
Things about Quezon City you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
When Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter...
History & Culture: Cathedral of Mary Queen of the World
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
A good way to discover the city it is to do a theme itinerary, in this page http://www.world-rt.com/travel/theme-barcelona.php there are 12...
Sightseeing: Barcelona itinerary
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Antony is the best place to eat in all Ostuni. It's run by the owner family and they really make you feel yourself at home all the time. Prices are...
Atlantic City, New Jersey
You just cannot NOT love this amazing, hilarious and weird museum. So many strange exhibits, funny videos and logic-questioning displays are at the...
Family & Fun: Ripley's Museum
Opened its doors first in Columbus, OH, Ted's Montana Grill, with its traditional American dishes and environment has grown into a huge...
Food: Ted's Montana Grill
Choosing the Cultural Center tour of Preservation Wayne was a great choice for me, because this way I was able to get a bigger picture of...
History & Culture: Cultural city tour in Detroit
I think Ala Moana Center is the best place in Honolulu if you came with a little extra money for shopping. It is a mall after all, but it's real...
Shopping: Ala Moana Center
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head