The La Loma Cockpit, Quezon City, Philippines
Travel tips > Oceania & Australasia > Philippines > Quezon City > The La Loma Cockpit
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
La Loma was found in 1903 and is still extremely popular. The owners are the Guisons, the heirs of the founder, Don Tomas Guison. It is opened on Sundays and holidays and is always extremely crowded - both with locals and tourists. It's a common form of gambling as well!
It was really strange for me how all those people enjoy the bloody fight of those animals, especially when I learned that the roosters have sharped blades joined to their legs to make the fight more 'interesting'. But I guess it's just like bullfighting in Spain.
68 Calavite St.,
La Loma, Blumentritt
Sundays and holidays.
Recent travel tips for Philippines
- Optical serviceTada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!! [...]D: 1.3mi40
- Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialistDon't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community. [...]D: 6.1mi30
- Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real EstateWelcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect home for you? MyCebuRealEstate is here to help you. We keep this site always monthly so it [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Avoiding wet season by going during the summer seasonIt is best to go to Polangui during the summer season. By doing so, you will be able to take advantage of the trip and enjoy it as well. The wet season is usually accompanied by heavy rain pours, scattered rain showers and even typhoons [...]D: n/a10
- Plan Your Trip With TrekeffectTrekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and collaborate and plan trips with your friends. [...]D: 145.9mi00
Things about Quezon City you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
Seoul, South Korea
To see and 'experience' some of the traditional side of Seoul a visit to the Bukchon Hanok Village is a worthwhile thing. There are...
History & Culture: Bukchon Hanok Village
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Santa Ana, California
Who would have though that in Santa Ana you would find such an exclusive, exotic restaurant like the Royal Khyber, which serves one of the tastiest...
Food: Royal Khyber
What can I say? Chamonix it's great, from the center of the town you can see the heights peak in Eastern Europe, Mont Blanc 4807m. There are many,...
Outdoors Activities: The capital of climbing
If you are looking for luxury travel in Switzerland, then pureswizerland is the right place for you. With Pureswitzerland, you will get luxury and...
Sports & Wellness : Best Luxury travel Switzerland