The La Loma Cockpit, Quezon City, Philippines
Travel tips > Oceania & Australasia > Philippines > Quezon City > The La Loma Cockpit
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
La Loma was found in 1903 and is still extremely popular. The owners are the Guisons, the heirs of the founder, Don Tomas Guison. It is opened on Sundays and holidays and is always extremely crowded - both with locals and tourists. It's a common form of gambling as well!
It was really strange for me how all those people enjoy the bloody fight of those animals, especially when I learned that the roosters have sharped blades joined to their legs to make the fight more 'interesting'. But I guess it's just like bullfighting in Spain.
68 Calavite St.,
La Loma, Blumentritt
Sundays and holidays.
Recent travel tips for Philippines
- Optical service in Dagupan CityThe people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the best service! [...]D: n/a80
- Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of NatbaHello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in 18th century. How about riding a raft at the Co-ca river, a man-made river built 230 years [...]D: n/a10
- Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real EstateWelcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect home for you? MyCebuRealEstate is here to help you. We keep this site always monthly so it [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Daydream Laguna ResortDAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses of reality in our relaxing outdoor cabanas. • Enjoy a massage, manicure or pedicure from [...]D: n/a10
- Roundtrip tip with pie adviseHow about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! You can start from Makati or Cainta. Its a six to seven hour travel, no side trips. Me and my [...]D: n/a10
Things about Quezon City you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Good food, live music, fantastic view - this place is just perfect to spend the perfect evening, listening live music, have the best swiss food...
Food: hotel Restaurant Alpha-Thun
This is a great little cafe similar to Starbucks but less commercial and a much better chill out. You have free Wifi as long as you want, so if you...
Food: San Francisco Coffee Company
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
There is a wonderful view from Sacromonte over the city. You can find an abbey on the top of the mountain, beautiful 17th century building. What...
Outdoors Activities: Sacromonte
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
Belen, New Mexico
Built around 1908 the historic Belen Harvey House Dining Room is now a museum. Overlooking the Belen rail switchyard it attracts train enthusiasts...
History & Culture: Harvey House Museum
When you are in Bergün, then you can go ski-drive. There is beautiful weather.
If you want to go skiing for a day in Austria, use the city as a starting point to go to the different skiing areas.
General: Skiing for a day