The La Loma Cockpit, Quezon City, Philippines
Travel tips > Oceania & Australasia > Philippines > Quezon City > The La Loma Cockpit
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
La Loma was found in 1903 and is still extremely popular. The owners are the Guisons, the heirs of the founder, Don Tomas Guison. It is opened on Sundays and holidays and is always extremely crowded - both with locals and tourists. It's a common form of gambling as well!
It was really strange for me how all those people enjoy the bloody fight of those animals, especially when I learned that the roosters have sharped blades joined to their legs to make the fight more 'interesting'. But I guess it's just like bullfighting in Spain.
68 Calavite St.,
La Loma, Blumentritt
Sundays and holidays.
Recent travel tips for Philippines
- Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialistDon't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community. [...]D: 6.1mi30
- Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of NatbaHello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in 18th century. How about riding a raft at the Co-ca river, a man-made river built 230 years [...]D: n/a10
- Optical service in Dagupan CityThe people are so friendly here! I lost my contact lenses and had to ask for opticals - most people recommended Siapno-Tada Optical. They have the best service! [...]D: n/a80
- Roundtrip tip with pie adviseHow about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! You can start from Makati or Cainta. Its a six to seven hour travel, no side trips. Me and my [...]D: n/a10
- Philippines' all-in-one tourist destinationA favorite haven for nature lovers and adventure seekers. An all-in-one tourist destination, you can savor nature at its best... powdery-white beaches, crystal-clear waters hosting abundant marine life, fantastic caverns, towering mangroves [...]D: 477.7mi00
Things about Quezon City you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
Go snorkling or scuba diving. Eat lots of fish at any of the Seafood restaurants - make sure you don't just eat the hotels, street food is often...
Outdoors Activities: Snorkling or scuba diving
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Full of povety not safe choose another destination
General: Do not go
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
One of the most successful war ships in the history of the United States, USS Constitutionwon 42 battles and lost none during her carreer -...
History & Culture: Visiting USS Constitution in Boston
Frank Lloyd Wright was a revolutionary architect. His former studio was turned into a museum. The house was restored into its 1909 state when...
History & Culture: Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
The best donut serving facility, Long's Bakery is the pastry paradise of both locals and visitors alike. If you go to the bakery, make sure...
Food: Long's Bakery
Kansas City, Missouri
There is nothing like seeing a real, original Harley Davidson being made from scratch in front of your eyes. The Harley Davidson Factory Tour gives...
Sightseeing: Harley Davidson Factory Tour
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The post office looks extremely grand and it is a huge place that has beautiful interior designs that looks like you are back in the 20th Century....
Shopping: Post office in Ho Chi Minh City