South Mountain Park Trails in Phoenix, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Phoenix > South Mountain Park Trails in Phoenix
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
So we went to the Park and took the Holbert Trail. After we entered the park at Central Avenue we turned left at the first opportunity and went up to the Activity Complex. The trail was about 2.5 miles long and it was fairly difficult, with steeps and rocks to climb. But we made it eventually. We made some really beautiful pictures of the city and after we returned we went to see the Mystery Castle too (if we were already there).
If you take any of the tours, be sure to bring some food and water with you and dress in comfortable clothes and shoes.
10919 S Central Avenue
5am-11pm (parking areas close at 7pm.)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Phoenix
- Phoenix Art MuseumThis Museum is truly amazing. There are so many things to see, the museum focusing on several subjects ranging from art to history. We took part on the South Wing Overview guided tour which presented us contemporary paintings and modern [...]D: 12.3mi00
- Heard Museum in PhoenixA museum dedicated to Native Americans, their culture, life, future and art. It has some interactive exhibitions, where kids can take home useful and interesting objects, either made by themselves or the staff. The whole place is full of [...]D: 12.7mi00
- The Phoenix Children's MuseumThis is the most amazing children's museum we've been at. My children just couldn't get enough of it. There are so many interactive things to do for them and all those great, innovative ideas give you ideas too. The Noodle Forest, with [...]D: 11.1mi00
- Phoenix ZooThis zoo is like a paradise for children or for adults who still cherish their inner child, for that matter. It has everything from petting animals to climbing rocks. One of the favorites of the children is the Enchanted Forest with a huge [...]D: 10.1mi00
- The Musical Instrument Museum in PhoenixThis museum is incredible on so many levels. It has a wide range of instruments that are organized on a geographical scale, presenting the country (shown also on a map), its culture and the instrument itself. It so interesting to see [...]D: 24.8mi00
Things about Phoenix you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
There is so much to see and do in Prague Castle that you will have to give it at least one afternoon. But then, it's perfectly worth every...
History & Culture: Prague Castle
If you go to Ruffenhofen, you should have your own car, because public transport is very weak there.
Public Transportation: Use your car
If you like swimming or just sun-bathing on the beach, go and spend a few days at the Balaton. If you like to party all night long with great DJs...
General: The Balaton lake and Siofok
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
It is located on the Cathedral Square. It was constructed by an Italian architect in the 1510s. For centuries the Cathedral gave home to the...
Sightseeing: Cathedral of the Archangel
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe