The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, Arizona
Travel tips > North America > United States > Phoenix > The Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
For me, the most amazing attractions were the Chihuly Glass exhibition which I saw two years ago in Phoenix and the Las Noches de Las Luminarias exhibitions. You can see so many colors and shapes in the glass exhibit. And the Luminarias is a kind of event, held every year with music and lots and lots of lanterns. It is something unimaginable, you have to be there and see it for yourself.
1201 N Galvin Parkway
Admission fee for adults $25 and $12.50 for children.
Daily: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
How to get there:
For directions visit their website.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Phoenix
- Scottsdale Old Town and Art District near PhoenixThough called old town, Scottsdale's Old Town is actually not so old, only a bit more than 50, and still when you walk down the streets you feel like you're in a Western movie, only the buildings look more modern, and not that dusty. :) [...]D: n/a00
- Phoenix ZooThis zoo is like a paradise for children or for adults who still cherish their inner child, for that matter. It has everything from petting animals to climbing rocks. One of the favorites of the children is the Enchanted Forest with a huge [...]D: 10.1mi00
- The Superstition MountainThe Superstition Mountain in Arizona, east of Phoenix was created 29 million years ago and it is the main character of many ancient Native American and more modern legends. Several tribes have different myths about the mountain, [...]D: 11.2mi00
- Phoenix Art MuseumThis Museum is truly amazing. There are so many things to see, the museum focusing on several subjects ranging from art to history. We took part on the South Wing Overview guided tour which presented us contemporary paintings and modern [...]D: 12.3mi00
- AZ Hummer Tours around PhoenixWe met up with our guide on the day of the tour and from the first moment we felt as we had known each other or years. He was so direct with us, making jokes and treating us like friends not as customers. He was also really knowledgeable [...]D: 24.5mi00
Things about Phoenix you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
Ever heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago...
Sightseeing: Stadium Santiago Bernabeu
Athens is extremely hot, so make sure that you always have enough to drink with you. Especially when you are climbing up to the Parthenon.
History & Culture: Bring water with you to the Parthenon
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
A definite must-visit in Anchorage for lunch or dinner is the Glacier Brewhouse on West Avenue. The food is simply amazing, there is no other word...
Food: Glacier Brewhouse
Colorado Springs, Colorado
It is one of the most beautiful and elegant castles I've ever seen during my travelings and that says something. The Glen Eyrie Castle is not...
Sightseeing: Glen Eyrie Castle
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's