The City Hall of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The City Hall of Philadelphia
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The statue of William Penn stands atop the clock tower and is only one of the 250 statues that adorn the building. It has about 700 rooms, including City Council Room and several grand staircases. Though we didn’t have time explore the building from the inside, and see all these great rooms, I have to admit, the sight of the City Hall as you drive up on Broad Street is amazing. The building’s exterior speaks of a Second Empire style and refinement and is an amazing sight to see.
W Broad St & Market St, Palmyra, NJ 08065, USA
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- First Friday Event in PhiladelphiaBeing organized for almost 2O years now, the galleries in the Old City keep their doors open to visitors and art-lovers on the First Friday of each month. Held between the hours of 5pm and 9pm various galleries can be visited and with a [...]D: n/a00
- The Independence Hall of PennsylvaniaA historical landmark, the Independence Hall is a building to see. It has been an important location for US citizens, being the place where the Declaration of Independence has been signed and where the Constitution of the United States has [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Philadelphia Brewing Co.Tour this historic brewery every Saturday from noon - 3pm. Beer tastings are also available during the tour. Tours are very good and informative. This is the only production only brewery in the City - not a brewpub/restaurant. [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Free concerts on Penn’s LandingTaking a short walk from the Old City to Penn’s Landing on Friday night can result in an amazing ending of a day. There are FREE concerts to go to on the riverfront, and if you’re lucky, you might even see a band you like [...]D: 4227.2mi00
- Please Touch Museum in PhiladelphiaThe best get-away for families with children old and young is Please Touch Museum. They have everything kids could love. And because children are so curious here they can easily touch everything, explore the areas without danger and most [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
Oxford, United Kingdom
Know how to ride a push bike, as thats what everyone does!
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
Though a cemetery might not seem like a great attraction you might want to visit on your holiday or business trip, the Lake View Cemetery can...
Sightseeing: Lake View Cemetery
New York, New York
This is New York's Las Vegas without the gambling. Simply walk there and watch all the shiny billboards. There are plenty of shows to choose from...
Sightseeing: Visiting Times Square
San Francisco, California
The best thing is that you can sit on the terrace and enjoy both the sun and one of the best places for a breakfast. They have good coffee and...
Food: Cafe Du Soleil
Sa Pa, Vietnam
Can Cau or as it commonly known the Bac Ha Market though it is similar in many ways, both Can Cau and Bac Ha markets have something for you to...
General: Sapa Love Market