The City Hall of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The City Hall of Philadelphia
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The statue of William Penn stands atop the clock tower and is only one of the 250 statues that adorn the building. It has about 700 rooms, including City Council Room and several grand staircases. Though we didn’t have time explore the building from the inside, and see all these great rooms, I have to admit, the sight of the City Hall as you drive up on Broad Street is amazing. The building’s exterior speaks of a Second Empire style and refinement and is an amazing sight to see.
W Broad St & Market St, Palmyra, NJ 08065, USA
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- Free Library Festival in PhiladelphiaThough not just for booklovers, this festival is organized on a weekend in late spring. The most amazing thing about the Library Festival is that it’s absolutely free. For a whole 2 days, the Library hosts this festival for all ages. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- The Betsy Ross HouseBetsy Ross is a true American icon, because according to its descendants, she was the one who sew the first national flag of the United States. The oral history states that George Washington, Robert Morris and George Ross visited Betsy in [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Please Touch Museum in PhiladelphiaThe best get-away for families with children old and young is Please Touch Museum. They have everything kids could love. And because children are so curious here they can easily touch everything, explore the areas without danger and most [...]D: 2.7mi00
- The Independence Hall of PennsylvaniaA historical landmark, the Independence Hall is a building to see. It has been an important location for US citizens, being the place where the Declaration of Independence has been signed and where the Constitution of the United States has [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Philadelphia Brewing Co.Tour this historic brewery every Saturday from noon - 3pm. Beer tastings are also available during the tour. Tours are very good and informative. This is the only production only brewery in the City - not a brewpub/restaurant. [...]D: 3.2mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Take a look at the new roman museum, located at the edge of Rheinbrohl. It shows history also for children, who are able to touch certain things or...
Sightseeing: Roman museum
Ever heard of the best soccer team in the world? if you have that you might know that there team is located in Madrid, Spain. Stadium Santiago...
Sightseeing: Stadium Santiago Bernabeu
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
Tour 1 – Ancient Heritage between Sea and Desert First Day Arrival in Tripoli and Transfer to Gharian. Second Day We’ll visit the ancient...
Night Life & Entertainment: Desertakakus
The Park of Rose is the most beautiful park from Timisoara, which was founded in 1891. There you can see very many different species of flowers.
Family & Fun: Roses park
Hua Hin, Thailand
Hua Hin is a coastline city, therefore the sea is only a stone-throw away so you can lay on the sun all day, go swimming and tan every day. ...
Beaches : The Beach Resort
Fort Worth, Texas
Dedicated to preserve a little bit of Texas history, log cabins from various locations around the country were disassembled and reassembled in an...
History & Culture: Log Cabin Village
Tables in a simple, yet inviting environment, with a tasteful decor, the Contigo Peru restaurant serves the best Peruvian food throughout the state...
Food: Contigo Peru
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing