The City Hall of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The City Hall of Philadelphia
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The statue of William Penn stands atop the clock tower and is only one of the 250 statues that adorn the building. It has about 700 rooms, including City Council Room and several grand staircases. Though we didn’t have time explore the building from the inside, and see all these great rooms, I have to admit, the sight of the City Hall as you drive up on Broad Street is amazing. The building’s exterior speaks of a Second Empire style and refinement and is an amazing sight to see.
W Broad St & Market St, Palmyra, NJ 08065, USA
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- Yards Brewing Company in PhiladelphiaThis brewpub, located in northern Philly, has been redesigned from a former ironworks factory and offers locally brewed beer for customers in a simply decorated, environmental friendly, wide-spaced room. An interesting fact about the Yards [...]D: 2mi00
- The Rittenhouse Hotel in PhiladelphiaThough not one of cheapest hotels in Philadelphia, The Rittenhouse Hotel is definitely one of the world’s finest places to stay. Having 98 guest rooms, from which 11 are suits the hotel provides a comfortable getaway to a [...]D: 0.2mi00
- Buddakan Restaurant in PhiladelphiaThis restaurant is one of the finest, and most sought-after places in Philly, and no wonder because their mainly Japanese cuisine, but basically eclectic cuisine deserves every star it gets. I recommend their roasted ponzu chicken and for [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Philadelphia Museum of ArtWe visited the painting exhibition of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Picasso collection just took our breath away. We were always drawn to contemporary, impressionist art and Picasso being the best representative of the movement [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Eastern State PenitentiaryIf you want scary, real scary, than the best place to visit is the Eastern State Penitentiary at Halloween. That’s where I went with friends last year. And I will never forget that experience. It was just like in the horror movies. [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Bring plenty of cash, clubbing is very expensive and so are restaurants and all shops. Make sure you get to see the Marc Chagall windows at the...
General: Visiting Zurich
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Maria Laach, Germany
The Abbey is a great and very beautiful example of the Romanesque architecture in Germany. It is really wonderful, the whole place surrounding it...
History & Culture: Maria Laach Abbey
If you are in the city around the end of april, you should visit the biggest procession of riders in europe. It is called 'the Blutritt', because...
History & Culture: The Blutritt
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
It is the best place to it in the whole city, you really have to try it. Prices may seem a little high, but after you experienced the place, you...
Food: Really good italian food
Atlantic City, New Jersey
One of the most famous casinos of Atlantic City, the Trump Taj Mahal, named both after the multi-millionaire Donald Trump and the famous Taj Mahal...
Night Life & Entertainment: Trump Taj Mahal Casino
Being more than just a zoo with animals like roadrunners, desert cottontail, vultures, reptiles and many other birds, the California Living Museum...
Family & Fun: California Living Museum
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's