The City Hall of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The City Hall of Philadelphia
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The statue of William Penn stands atop the clock tower and is only one of the 250 statues that adorn the building. It has about 700 rooms, including City Council Room and several grand staircases. Though we didn’t have time explore the building from the inside, and see all these great rooms, I have to admit, the sight of the City Hall as you drive up on Broad Street is amazing. The building’s exterior speaks of a Second Empire style and refinement and is an amazing sight to see.
W Broad St & Market St, Palmyra, NJ 08065, USA
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- Eastern State PenitentiaryIf you want scary, real scary, than the best place to visit is the Eastern State Penitentiary at Halloween. That’s where I went with friends last year. And I will never forget that experience. It was just like in the horror movies. [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Philadelphia Brewing Co.Tour this historic brewery every Saturday from noon - 3pm. Beer tastings are also available during the tour. Tours are very good and informative. This is the only production only brewery in the City - not a brewpub/restaurant. [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Free Library Festival in PhiladelphiaThough not just for booklovers, this festival is organized on a weekend in late spring. The most amazing thing about the Library Festival is that it’s absolutely free. For a whole 2 days, the Library hosts this festival for all ages. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Buddakan Restaurant in PhiladelphiaThis restaurant is one of the finest, and most sought-after places in Philly, and no wonder because their mainly Japanese cuisine, but basically eclectic cuisine deserves every star it gets. I recommend their roasted ponzu chicken and for [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Philadelphia Museum of ArtWe visited the painting exhibition of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Picasso collection just took our breath away. We were always drawn to contemporary, impressionist art and Picasso being the best representative of the movement [...]D: 1.4mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you plan to arrive to Brussels by TGV or by Thalys (basically the same thing), you should book the train ticket as early as possible, as prices...
General: Travelling to Brussels by TGV
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
If you go to Tusnad don't miss to visit the Saint Anna lake. It is a bid cold but very beautiful!
Outdoors Activities: You must visit the St. Anna lake
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
New Orleans, Louisiana
It's not that unusual to find an Irish pub in the French Quarter (and they have a tradition that goes way back to the times of the French...
General: Molly's pub in New Orleans
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
Raleigh, North Carolina
The most entertaining evening and fun night we ever had. Thanks to Frankie's Fun Park we had the time of our lives and we didn't even have...
Family & Fun: Frankie's Fun Park