The City Hall of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The City Hall of Philadelphia
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
The statue of William Penn stands atop the clock tower and is only one of the 250 statues that adorn the building. It has about 700 rooms, including City Council Room and several grand staircases. Though we didn’t have time explore the building from the inside, and see all these great rooms, I have to admit, the sight of the City Hall as you drive up on Broad Street is amazing. The building’s exterior speaks of a Second Empire style and refinement and is an amazing sight to see.
W Broad St & Market St, Palmyra, NJ 08065, USA
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- Please Touch Museum in PhiladelphiaThe best get-away for families with children old and young is Please Touch Museum. They have everything kids could love. And because children are so curious here they can easily touch everything, explore the areas without danger and most [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Buddakan Restaurant in PhiladelphiaThis restaurant is one of the finest, and most sought-after places in Philly, and no wonder because their mainly Japanese cuisine, but basically eclectic cuisine deserves every star it gets. I recommend their roasted ponzu chicken and for [...]D: 1.2mi00
- First Friday Event in PhiladelphiaBeing organized for almost 2O years now, the galleries in the Old City keep their doors open to visitors and art-lovers on the First Friday of each month. Held between the hours of 5pm and 9pm various galleries can be visited and with a [...]D: n/a00
- Copacabanana Restaurant in PhiladelphiaEstablished almost 30 years ago, the Copacabanana Restaurant grew out of a small pub with a small kitchen into an iconic restaurant which is famous for its fresh lime Margaritas and gourmet burgers. The staff in the pub is friendly and fun, [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Free concerts on Penn’s LandingTaking a short walk from the Old City to Penn’s Landing on Friday night can result in an amazing ending of a day. There are FREE concerts to go to on the riverfront, and if you’re lucky, you might even see a band you like [...]D: 4227.2mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
Come to BinZhou City, and experience a great place.
General: The Pearl of the yellow River Delta
This great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a...
Sightseeing: Parc de la Ciutadella
Visiting Jerusalem don't miss the Via Dolorosa which is, according to the Christian tradition, the path that the messiah walked with his cross on...
General: Via Dolorosa Stations of the Cross
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
Belen, New Mexico
The Doodlebug was a self powered single-car train that carried mail, small freight and commuters between Belen and Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the...
Sightseeing: Doodlebug Train
Las Vegas, Nevada
Never pay full price for a show in Vegas. Look for 1/2 price tickets at Tickets 4 Tonight. Several locations all over Vegas and on the strip. They...
Night Life & Entertainment: 1/2 price shows
Long Beach, California
This place offers some real good food and a fantastic atmosphere. I would say they really need to get the upstairs terasse open, but then that’s...
Food: Belmont Brewing Company
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Definitely worth to visit the Meritage Restaurant in Saint Paul. The service is excellent, though may be a bit slow on a busy day. The food is...
Food: Meritage Restaurant
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Ninh Binh: Particularly Trang An within an hour distance from Hanoi near the southern margin of the Red river delta, the Trang An landscape complex...
General: Holiday to less traveled road in Vietnam