Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia
- Shopping travel tip
- City center
I personally liked the fresh, on-the-spot made pretzels. In the northwestern corner of the market Amish merchants come 4 times a week and bake before your eyes the pretzels. They are fresh and warm when you get them. And they are delicious! If I would live in Philadelphia I would come here every week for some farm-fresh products, bakery or sweets!
N 12th St & Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Open in daytime hours.
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- The Independence Hall of PennsylvaniaA historical landmark, the Independence Hall is a building to see. It has been an important location for US citizens, being the place where the Declaration of Independence has been signed and where the Constitution of the United States has [...]D: 1.2mi00
- First Friday Event in PhiladelphiaBeing organized for almost 2O years now, the galleries in the Old City keep their doors open to visitors and art-lovers on the First Friday of each month. Held between the hours of 5pm and 9pm various galleries can be visited and with a [...]D: n/a00
- Yards Brewing Company in PhiladelphiaThis brewpub, located in northern Philly, has been redesigned from a former ironworks factory and offers locally brewed beer for customers in a simply decorated, environmental friendly, wide-spaced room. An interesting fact about the Yards [...]D: 2mi00
- Philadelphia Museum of ArtWe visited the painting exhibition of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Picasso collection just took our breath away. We were always drawn to contemporary, impressionist art and Picasso being the best representative of the movement [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Eastern State PenitentiaryIf you want scary, real scary, than the best place to visit is the Eastern State Penitentiary at Halloween. That’s where I went with friends last year. And I will never forget that experience. It was just like in the horror movies. [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
When you travel in Austria, don't forget, that in the period of first November and 30th April M+S tires are obligat1ory. When the police stops you...
General: M+S Tirese Obligatory
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
Los Cabos, Mexico
A really nice, quiet-ish place to spend the night at. They have live music, the soloist, Katy if I remember well, has such a great voice. Though...
Night Life & Entertainment: Two for the Road Jazz Bar in Los Cabos
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
With not only a beautiful architecture and decor but with a high reputation, the Tampa Theater is the cultural center of the city. Classical and...
History & Culture: Tampa Theatre