The Betsy Ross House, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The Betsy Ross House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Betsy Ross House is quite small, with a little souvenir shop and a courtyard where some historical facts are related to the visitor and sometimes colonial actors give a performance of everyday-life of a colonist.
The only drawback I could find regarding this historical sight is that being such a famous location and the house itself being so small, it becomes pretty crowded inside and you can’t navigate between the rooms easily. Apart from this, it was a house worth visiting, at least for an update on early American history.
239 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Open Tue-Sun 10am - 5pm
How to get there:
North from the historic district. Follow the signs.
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- Please Touch Museum in PhiladelphiaThe best get-away for families with children old and young is Please Touch Museum. They have everything kids could love. And because children are so curious here they can easily touch everything, explore the areas without danger and most [...]D: 2.7mi00
- The Independence Hall of PennsylvaniaA historical landmark, the Independence Hall is a building to see. It has been an important location for US citizens, being the place where the Declaration of Independence has been signed and where the Constitution of the United States has [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Copacabanana Restaurant in PhiladelphiaEstablished almost 30 years ago, the Copacabanana Restaurant grew out of a small pub with a small kitchen into an iconic restaurant which is famous for its fresh lime Margaritas and gourmet burgers. The staff in the pub is friendly and fun, [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Philadelphia Brewing Co.Tour this historic brewery every Saturday from noon - 3pm. Beer tastings are also available during the tour. Tours are very good and informative. This is the only production only brewery in the City - not a brewpub/restaurant. [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Crown Plaza Philadelphia WestLocated between the suburbs and downtown Philadelphia, this Crown Plaza Hotel is a comfortable and quite affordable lodging with the necessary equipments for a great stay in Philly. The rooms were newly renovated, so they are not only [...]D: 4.6mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Austins Ferry, Australia
On a Luxury sailing cruises at Whitsundays private yacht charter, sailing charter with Real life enjoy reef walking, Whole, Golfing, Sundancer,...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
When I've arrived in Torino I've visited 'il Palazzo Reale' .
General: Palazzo Reale, Turin
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
Baia Mare, Romania
A captivating place to visit especially for children, the Baia Mare Mineralogy Museum welcomes tourists with a permanent exhibitions of minerals...
General: Mineralogy Museum
A traditional and highly popular diner amongst locals, Whitt's Barbecue is a simple, down-to-earth and welcoming restaurant that has the best...
Food: Whitt's Barbecue
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa