The Betsy Ross House, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Travel tips > North America > United States > Philadelphia > The Betsy Ross House
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The Betsy Ross House is quite small, with a little souvenir shop and a courtyard where some historical facts are related to the visitor and sometimes colonial actors give a performance of everyday-life of a colonist.
The only drawback I could find regarding this historical sight is that being such a famous location and the house itself being so small, it becomes pretty crowded inside and you can’t navigate between the rooms easily. Apart from this, it was a house worth visiting, at least for an update on early American history.
239 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Open Tue-Sun 10am - 5pm
How to get there:
North from the historic district. Follow the signs.
Recent travel tips for Philadelphia
- Free Library Festival in PhiladelphiaThough not just for booklovers, this festival is organized on a weekend in late spring. The most amazing thing about the Library Festival is that it’s absolutely free. For a whole 2 days, the Library hosts this festival for all ages. [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Buddakan Restaurant in PhiladelphiaThis restaurant is one of the finest, and most sought-after places in Philly, and no wonder because their mainly Japanese cuisine, but basically eclectic cuisine deserves every star it gets. I recommend their roasted ponzu chicken and for [...]D: 1.2mi00
- Copacabanana Restaurant in PhiladelphiaEstablished almost 30 years ago, the Copacabanana Restaurant grew out of a small pub with a small kitchen into an iconic restaurant which is famous for its fresh lime Margaritas and gourmet burgers. The staff in the pub is friendly and fun, [...]D: 1.2mi00
- The City Hall of PhiladelphiaDominating the center of the town, City Hall has been one of the tallest habitable buildings in the world until 1908. Designed by architect John McArthur Jr., the building has several features including an observation deck. The statue of [...]D: 8.1mi00
- Philadelphia Museum of ArtWe visited the painting exhibition of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and their Picasso collection just took our breath away. We were always drawn to contemporary, impressionist art and Picasso being the best representative of the movement [...]D: 1.4mi00
Things about Philadelphia you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
From November there is a nice Christmas Market in front of the Schönbrunn Palace. We arrived here late afternoon, but all the free parking spaces...
General: Parking near the Schonbrunn
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
If you like swimming or just sun-bathing on the beach, go and spend a few days at the Balaton. If you like to party all night long with great DJs...
General: The Balaton lake and Siofok
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
As a traveler if you decide to visit Romania and on your schedule you'll find some time to explore Bucharest, than take a moment and stop in the...
Sightseeing: Historical Center of Bucharest
We had the best breakfast during our stay in Anaheim, though the locations was a bit out of the way. But a friend recommended the Original Pancake...
Food: Original Pancake House
To get a glimpse of the lifestyle of the plantation owners, their every-day activities and way of living, you have to take the tour at the Belle...
History & Culture: Belle Meade Plantation