Benedictan Archabbey, Pannonhalma, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Pannonhalma > Benedictan Archabbey
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The buildings are amazing, most of them built in early Roman style. You wouldn't believe how many things you can do here.
There are temporary exhibitions, the one running now is called Baroque Time and displays clocks and other time related objects from the period of the Baroque.
You can also go to organ concerts if you like this kind of music, they have a magnificent instrument and perfect acoustics. The Abbey also has great cellars, the monks always used to make good wine. You can see the cellars and taste even 5 types of wine, although you have to pay some extra for that.
All the monks are working and they make good quality products that you can also buy, like soaps, teas, chocolate, special liqueurs and, of course, wine.
If you have the time, don't miss it, it's great experience to see all those things and that peaceful life.
Very variable, depends on what you want to visit, you go alone or with group, your age. It can be from 3 $ up to 300 $.
Closed on Mondays.
12 November - 20 March: 10:00am - 3:00pm
21 March - 11 November: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Recent travel tips for Hungary
- Walking in the old city centerIf you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old center of the town, simply walking on those narrow streets, near some houses which are many [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Budapest Public TransportBudapest is a very nice city, I have been there many times. There are so many places which worth to be visited. Because Budapest is a crowded city I recommend to leave the car in the hotel' parking land an use the public transport.It is [...]D: n/a00
- House of TerrorIt's the most realistic, accurate and also depressing museum I've ever seen about communism and nazism. Th building itself was the headquarter of the hyngarian political police in during the fcism and also during the comunism. With a lot of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Chocolate shop in SzentendreFor me, the best shop was a chocolate shop. You can find it if you head to the train station starting from the center of the city. If you find it, you have to go down a few stairs to enter: it will be a little place with different kinds of [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Cruising from Budapest to SzentendreIf you want to see Budapest from another view, I have an advice for you. Last summer I was with a ship from Budapest to Szentendre - it was awesome! All those beautiful bridges, the Parliament, etc. can be seen differently than you saw [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Pannonhalma you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
Maybe one of the most interesting and best places in Vancouver, the conservatory was like a treat. Found in the center of the Queen Elizabeth Park,...
Family & Fun: The Bloedel Conservatory in Vancouver
The theater of the Phoenix has truly lived up to its reputation, rising from the ashes and becoming one of the prestigious opera houses in Venice....
History & Culture: Teatro La Fenice
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
Cascais is like a royal resort, full of different sights, and most notably, various, beautiful beaches. Though the ocean was a bit cold, we still...
Outdoors Activities: Trip to Cascais
Kilimanjaro Tanzanite Safaris Ltd, specialist Tour Operator in Arusha Tanzania. Offers wildlife safaris,african safaris,vacation holidays, tanzania...
General: Tanzania holidays destinations
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Even if you are a traveler and the reason you get away is for fun and adventure, you still have to relax from time to time. And Betty's Bath...
Sports & Wellness : Betty's Bath and Day Spa
Charlotte, North Carolina
Interactive, interconnected and entertaining activities, movies and exhibitions can be found the in the Discovery Place in uptown Charlotte. Kids...
Family & Fun: Discovery Place
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant
Pnk Restaurant & Ultra Lounge is located on the 4th level in the Pacific Place Shopping Center in Downtown Seattle. pnk is one of Seattle's premier...
Night Life & Entertainment: Pnk Restaurant & Ultra Lounge