Benedictan Archabbey, Pannonhalma, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Pannonhalma > Benedictan Archabbey
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The buildings are amazing, most of them built in early Roman style. You wouldn't believe how many things you can do here.
There are temporary exhibitions, the one running now is called Baroque Time and displays clocks and other time related objects from the period of the Baroque.
You can also go to organ concerts if you like this kind of music, they have a magnificent instrument and perfect acoustics. The Abbey also has great cellars, the monks always used to make good wine. You can see the cellars and taste even 5 types of wine, although you have to pay some extra for that.
All the monks are working and they make good quality products that you can also buy, like soaps, teas, chocolate, special liqueurs and, of course, wine.
If you have the time, don't miss it, it's great experience to see all those things and that peaceful life.
Very variable, depends on what you want to visit, you go alone or with group, your age. It can be from 3 $ up to 300 $.
Closed on Mondays.
12 November - 20 March: 10:00am - 3:00pm
21 March - 11 November: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Recent travel tips for Hungary
- State Opera HouseThis is something you really shouldn't miss. The building of the State Opera House in Budapest is one of the most beautiful ones in the city. The shows are not very expensive and of a very good quality with great performances. There are [...]D: 1mi00
- Swimming inside a real caveMy opinion is that the best place you can choose for relaxing in Miskolc is the cave bath. It is a bath formed from a real cave. It is an unimaginable feeling when you swim between the cave's walls. [...]D: 3mi00
- Dinner & Cruise1,5 hour long cruise on the Danube with live Hungarian music. During the sightseeing traditional dishes & drinks are served for guests. The main sights are the Parliament, Chain Bridge, Gellert Hill and Royal Castle. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Debrecen PlazaA nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores, food court and also a multiplex cinema. It's location is ideal for everyone who wants to visit [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Budapest zooBudapest has a great zoo. The entrance fee is pretty cheap and you can see diverse animals there. I suggest you to visit it if you travel to Budapest. [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Pannonhalma you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Zaza is well known for its excellent cuisine, and the fact that it doesn't take sides when it comes to food preferences. There is about the same...
Food: Zaza Bistro Tropical Restaurant
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Luxury Travel Vietnam - May 2015: This three day trip lets you discover the marvels of the Angkor Complex, including Angkor Thom, Angkor Wat,...
History & Culture: Fascinating Angkor Temples 3 days/2nights - Luxury Travel Vietnam
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
If you are Arieseni, I recommend, whether it be summer or winter, a walk to the hole Ruginoasa is very spectacular, constantly expanding, ground...
Outdoors Activities: Trekking in Arieseni
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Though maybe not the best destination for younger kids, the Atlantic City Art Center is definitely a great place to spend some quality time,...
History & Culture: Atlantic City Art Center
San Francisco, California
This museum is amazing, you simply cannot miss it. It was first opened when a factory owner from Chicago gave his Asian art collection to San...
History & Culture: Museum of Asian Art