Benedictan Archabbey, Pannonhalma, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Pannonhalma > Benedictan Archabbey
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The buildings are amazing, most of them built in early Roman style. You wouldn't believe how many things you can do here.
There are temporary exhibitions, the one running now is called Baroque Time and displays clocks and other time related objects from the period of the Baroque.
You can also go to organ concerts if you like this kind of music, they have a magnificent instrument and perfect acoustics. The Abbey also has great cellars, the monks always used to make good wine. You can see the cellars and taste even 5 types of wine, although you have to pay some extra for that.
All the monks are working and they make good quality products that you can also buy, like soaps, teas, chocolate, special liqueurs and, of course, wine.
If you have the time, don't miss it, it's great experience to see all those things and that peaceful life.
Very variable, depends on what you want to visit, you go alone or with group, your age. It can be from 3 $ up to 300 $.
Closed on Mondays.
12 November - 20 March: 10:00am - 3:00pm
21 March - 11 November: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Recent travel tips for Hungary
- Siofok, near Balaton lakeThe place with the best night life is definitely Siofok. You can find there parties all night long right near the Balaton lake. Give it a try! [...]D: 140.8mi00
- Free Budapest Walking ToursCome along on the daily Free Budapest Walking Tour at 10.30 a.m, which is an informative and entertaining general walking tour around the best sites Pest and Buda offers. If you are interested in the Communism with its undercover stories [...]D: 0.4mi00
- The Forum and the Debrecen Plaza mallsA new shopping mall, called Forum, opened close to the city center. It's a place where you really can spend a whole day :) And if you get bored, you only have to walk 3 minutes to the Debrecen Plaza which is the other big shopping mall in [...]D: 0.1mi20
- Fish restaurant in MiskolctapolcaI recommend this restaurant for very tasty fish menus. The prices are very good and the food is even better. I was amazed by the long menu with all those fish meals. Try them when you make a trip to the famous and wonderful cave baths in [...]D: 3.3mi20
- Be careful when parking in DebrecenIf you want to leave your car somewhere which is not a real parking lot be careful not to park on the grass! Some months ago we were at the Zoo and nobody told us this thing so to leave enough space on the cars passing by we left our car [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Pannonhalma you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Aire de Sevilla is the best bath I have ever been to. They don't only have baths but also massage, aromatherapy and all kinds of treatments. My...
Night Life & Entertainment: Aire de Sevilla
Oxford, United Kingdom
Sightseeing buses may seem as a waste of time and money, but in the case of towns like Oxford I would say that they are the perfect choice. Oxford...
History & Culture: Sightseeing in Oxford with the bus
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Tel Aviv, Israel
Hi I travel to Tel Aviv several times a year and I have found that renting an apartment for short term is much cheaper than renting a hotel room...
General: Recommendation for accommodation in Tel Aviv
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
The greatest place where you can relax with your family by a picnic is Yorba Regional Park. The place is so beautiful, and well-maintained with...
Sightseeing: Yorba Regional Park
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes