Benedictan Archabbey, Pannonhalma, Hungary
Travel tips > Europe > Hungary > Pannonhalma > Benedictan Archabbey
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The buildings are amazing, most of them built in early Roman style. You wouldn't believe how many things you can do here.
There are temporary exhibitions, the one running now is called Baroque Time and displays clocks and other time related objects from the period of the Baroque.
You can also go to organ concerts if you like this kind of music, they have a magnificent instrument and perfect acoustics. The Abbey also has great cellars, the monks always used to make good wine. You can see the cellars and taste even 5 types of wine, although you have to pay some extra for that.
All the monks are working and they make good quality products that you can also buy, like soaps, teas, chocolate, special liqueurs and, of course, wine.
If you have the time, don't miss it, it's great experience to see all those things and that peaceful life.
Very variable, depends on what you want to visit, you go alone or with group, your age. It can be from 3 $ up to 300 $.
Closed on Mondays.
12 November - 20 March: 10:00am - 3:00pm
21 March - 11 November: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Recent travel tips for Hungary
- Cruise on DanubeThis cruise is lasts 1,5 hour. During the cruise more of the main sights can be seen (Parliament, Caste district, Gellért Hill, Palace of Arts, National Theatre etc.) Traditional dishes, drinks and music can be enjoyed during the cruise. [...]D: 0.6mi00
- Siofok, near Balaton lakeThe place with the best night life is definitely Siofok. You can find there parties all night long right near the Balaton lake. Give it a try! [...]D: 140.8mi00
- Cave bathingYou should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience... [...]D: 3mi00
- House of TerrorIt's the most realistic, accurate and also depressing museum I've ever seen about communism and nazism. Th building itself was the headquarter of the hyngarian political police in during the fcism and also during the comunism. With a lot of [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Eating 'Langos' in the center of the cityIf you are exactly in the center of the city, you will see a narrow street with stairs between two buildings. On the wall near the street is a sign 'Langos'. This is a hungarian food and it's very delicious :) It's a kind of pancake, but [...]D: n/a00
Things about Pannonhalma you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Foz Do Iguacu, Brazil
Please do not miss the Monumental Ilumination of the Itaipu. Only occurs in fridays and saturdays, but it worth it.
General: Don´t Miss
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
If you are at Weingarten you really should visit it´s baroque church, one of the biggest in germany.
History & Culture: The Basilika
Oxford, United Kingdom
The Pitt Rivers Museum in Oxford has a great display of culturaland archeological items. Everything is categorized by topic, so it is easier for...
History & Culture: Pitt Rivers Museum
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This restaurant is a great place to try the various local cusines and dishes of Malaysia. A tip here is if you are interested to try the local...
Food: Restoran Mustika Zamzam
We are specialist trekking, rafting,canoeing,rock climbing,peaks climbing,bungee jumping,safaris, sightseeing,mountain biking, etc. organizer based...
Outdoors Activities: Nepamount Trekking pvt. Ltd.
Belen, New Mexico
Local artist Zack Meyer and his crew are decorating the buildings of downtown Belen with colorful murals. There's something for everyone...
Sightseeing: Belen Murals
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe