Potala Palace, Lhasa, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Lhasa > Potala Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It consists of two big palaces. In the White Palace resides the Dalai Lama, the throne room is also here. The Red Palace gives home to many very precious relics. Also here are the stupa-tombs of several former Dalai Lamas. These are beautifully decorated with gold, pearls and gems.
There are beautiful murals on the walls that recall the events of the Dalai Lamas and Buddha but also many other wonderful artefacts, all related to Tibet's history and the Dalai Lamas.
布达拉宫, Kang'ang East Road North Section, Chengguan, Lhasa, Tibet, China
RMB 100 yaun (about $15)
9:30am to 13:00pm and 15:00pm to 18:00pm
Recent travel tips for China
- The Bund of ShanghaiYou cannot miss this place. The Bund is the waterfront zone of the Western City (Pu Xi)and it is amazing, especially by night. You can see from here the buildings of both the old and new Shanghai. The TV Tower and the Jin Mao Tower (the [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Living in Hangzhou ChinaThis is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China. [...]D: n/a00
- The Mid-Autumn Festival in Hong KongEvery year in Hong Kong a festival is organized at the end of the month of September, early October, holding the name The Mid-Autumn Festival. This time of year all the parks in the city are full of people, attractions and shows. The [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Top Things To Do In Hong KongHong Kong is the perfect blend of east and west . There’s vibrancy, colour, noise and lots and lots of people. There are also colonial buildings, you can go for afternoon tea and you can buy anything you want in the supermarkets. Hong [...]D: 9.3mi00
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
Things about Lhasa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
To feel and experience a little bit of historical China and explore a part of Beijing that is full of folklore and Chinese culture, than you must...
History & Culture: Liulichang Culture Street in Beijing
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
Visit the museums of Athens in the lunch time, because the heat is at it´s maxmium during that time. PLan to visit all the other ancient buildings...
General: What you can see at the birthplace of democracy
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
Don't miss out to visit the Black Church and the tower of the city.
History & Culture: Siteseeing in Brasov
Saint Petersburg, Russia
If you are low on money while visiting Saint Petersburg, don't despair. This city has enough good restaurant to feed an entire horde of starved...
Food: Chainaya Lozhka fast-food restaurant
Lake Powell is one of the best places you can visit if you're looking for some outdoors activities. To me a lake in the desert is simply amazing...
Outdoors Activities: Renting a Boat at Lake Powell