Potala Palace, Lhasa, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Lhasa > Potala Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It consists of two big palaces. In the White Palace resides the Dalai Lama, the throne room is also here. The Red Palace gives home to many very precious relics. Also here are the stupa-tombs of several former Dalai Lamas. These are beautifully decorated with gold, pearls and gems.
There are beautiful murals on the walls that recall the events of the Dalai Lamas and Buddha but also many other wonderful artefacts, all related to Tibet's history and the Dalai Lamas.
布达拉宫, Kang'ang East Road North Section, Chengguan, Lhasa, Tibet, China
RMB 100 yaun (about $15)
9:30am to 13:00pm and 15:00pm to 18:00pm
Recent travel tips for China
- The Hong Kong University of Science and TechnologyThough it is a place to study and you may be in Hong Kong in visit, this place is definitely a sight to see, mostly because the whole campus looks like a beach complex. And to know that there are people who study in such a beautiful place, [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- A Brife Introduce for You the Ancient Street In BeijingChina travel is one of the most popular tour routes all over the world due to China is an old country with so many beautiful landscapes and historical sites. Traveling on holiday is becoming a new fashion and the good way to relieve [...]D: 8.3mi00
- The Crowne Plaza Hotel in BeijingThe Crowne Plaza was renovated and remodeled in 2005 and though it doesn't have the typical Chinese charm it is a very comfortable, elegant and modern place which is about 20-minutes walk to the Forbidden City and other major attractions. [...]D: 10mi00
- The Forbidden CityBuilt in 1420, the Forbidden City has been the sacred place of emperors, and was unreachable for any other man. Consisting of buildings, courtyards, gardens and halls, the 'city' is one of the world's largest palace complexes. The most [...]D: n/a00
- Bianyifang Roast Duck Restaurant in BeijingWe tasted the most delicious roast duck ever in this cozy little restaurant on Happiness Street. The whole dish was crisp, fragrant and mouthwatering, we loved it. As we found out, the restaurant has a long history, being founded during [...]D: n/a00
Things about Lhasa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
One great place to go for breakfast in Ravensburg is the new Babiole. It's located in the city center and most people know it by now. The place is...
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
Mexico City, Mexico
Frida Kahlo was genius and a great woman. This Frida Kahlo Museum is a great memento of her life and art. She was born is this house and later...
History & Culture: Frida Kahlo Museum
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
Key West, Florida
It doesn't look much from the outside (resembles a huge, flat, gray box), but inside you have the opportunity to learn some really interesting and...
Family & Fun: Florida Keys Eco-discovery Center
Manhattan Beach, California
When you're in Manhattan Beach, make sure you go down to the pier and walk all the way to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach and back. It's just a...
General: Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach