Potala Palace, Lhasa, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Lhasa > Potala Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It consists of two big palaces. In the White Palace resides the Dalai Lama, the throne room is also here. The Red Palace gives home to many very precious relics. Also here are the stupa-tombs of several former Dalai Lamas. These are beautifully decorated with gold, pearls and gems.
There are beautiful murals on the walls that recall the events of the Dalai Lamas and Buddha but also many other wonderful artefacts, all related to Tibet's history and the Dalai Lamas.
布达拉宫, Kang'ang East Road North Section, Chengguan, Lhasa, Tibet, China
RMB 100 yaun (about $15)
9:30am to 13:00pm and 15:00pm to 18:00pm
Recent travel tips for China
- How to choose the perfect car rentalPerfect timing. Budget car rentals are often available just after peak holiday season. If you can plan your road trip away from holidays, car rental discounts may be your reward. Know your terrain. Make sure your car hire deal matches your [...]D: 2.7mi00
- The Forbidden CityBuilt in 1420, the Forbidden City has been the sacred place of emperors, and was unreachable for any other man. Consisting of buildings, courtyards, gardens and halls, the 'city' is one of the world's largest palace complexes. The most [...]D: n/a00
- Shanghai MuseumIf you are interested in Chinese history, art and culture (or if you simply want a flash course in it), there is one place that you absolutely must not miss: the Shanghai Museum. You will need quite a bit of time to see all of it, so plan [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Shanghai Zhongshan ParkZhongshan Park is a generic name given to parks in China, and every city has at least one of them. Shanghai Zhongshan Park is not the best park in the city, but is it worth checking out in you happen to be in the area. The most interesting [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Star Ferry Tours on the Hong Kong WatersThe ferries of the Star Ferry Company are a national emblem in Hong Kong. They are history in themselves, operating since the end of the 1880s. These ferries are so much a piece of the city as the double-deckers are of London. Actually [...]D: n/a00
Things about Lhasa you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are so many things/programs to do in this nature park. If you like nature and walking trips, I wound recommanded this place for you and I think one...
Family & Fun: Nature park thun
If you are at Stuttgart, you should visit the Landesmuseum, situated in the old castle in the city center. There are several exceptional exhibits,...
History & Culture: Landesmuseum of Stuttgart
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Welcome to India. Our tour manager will receive you at Airport and will escort you to your hotel in an AC car. Delhi, the capital city of India,...
History & Culture: Go on exploratory tour of New Delhi – See monuments like Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Red Fort etc.
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; firstname.lastname@example.org I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
Islamabad Gharbi, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of Pakistan. To know more visit http://www...
General: Hotels in Islamabad
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Hermosa Beach, California
It’s always happening at this place, which happens to be one of my favorite hangouts near the beach. Most people probably know Hennessey's Tavern...
Food: Hennessey's Tavern
I'm glad we took the time to take the tour in the Pabst Mansion. The only thing I regretted is that we weren't allowed to take pictures,...
Sightseeing: Pabst Mansion
Ponce Inlet, Florida
Dining on deck with dolphins jumping up and down beside you is really a unique experience. We were so lucky to get a glimpse of them playing in the...
Food: Down The Hatch Restaurant