Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Travel tips > North America > United States > Las Cruces > Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
- General travel tip
- City center
The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of New Mexico and Arizona, was signed here in 1854.
Old Mesilla Plaza has quaint adobe artesian shops and restaurants with the Historical San Albino Church to the North of the plaza.
Mesilla Plaza, Mesilla, NM 88005, USA
Recent travel tips for United States
- Whitfield Wildlife Conservation AreaSituated along the Rio Grande this nature reserve seeks to reverse the decline of the bosque wetlands. It is run by the Valencia Soil & Water Conservation District. There's a visitor's center that doubles as a classroom for [...]D: 3.8mi10
- Omaha Old MarketKnown also as the art and entertainment district of the city, the Omaha Old Market is a place worth visiting. There are several shops and restaurants to be found, museum and art galleries. Everyone with every kind of taste can find [...]D: 8.2mi00
- Jensen Alvarado RanchWe wanted to roam the city's surroundings a bit, so we decided to get to Mount Rubidoux and on the way to the sight, we spotted the Jensen Alvarado Ranch. We already about it in town, so we decided to look around. A short wouldn't [...]D: 6.5mi00
- San Jose History ParkStrolling through the paved streets of the San Jose History Park, you feel you've been transported back in time. Buildings of the past centuries were restored or relocated here, giving the park an old-times aspect. Several galleries, [...]D: 4.2mi00
- Timothy O'Toole's PubTraditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a great place to go in the company pf friends. They have almost 50 TV sets and three big screens [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about Las Cruces you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
In Konstanz gibt es viele Museen, Theater, Kunst und Bauwerke, so wie das Rathaus oder das Schnetztor.
General: Museen, Theater und Rathaus
Most German train stations have a little nasty little bar inside or right next to the station. For Stuttgart, which obviously has lots of...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar on top of the train station
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Liverpool, United Kingdom
The Liverpool Cathedral is an amazing experience for everyone. It has a lot of attractions, exhibitions that you must see and experience if you are...
History & Culture: The Liverpool Cathedral
I recommend this restaurant for very tasty fish menus. The prices are very good and the food is even better. I was amazed by the long menu with all...
Food: Fish restaurant in Miskolctapolca
The inner city of Sighisoara (Schassburg in German and Segesvar in Hungarian)is wonderful. The city has all the traits of the Saxon architecture as...
History & Culture: The Inner City
Some kind of fun and excitement is always welcome while you're on holiday, so spending some time in the Golden West Casino may result in just...
Night Life & Entertainment: Golden West Casino
Known also as the art and entertainment district of the city, the Omaha Old Market is a place worth visiting. There are several shops and...
History & Culture: Omaha Old Market