Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Travel tips > North America > United States > Las Cruces > Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
- General travel tip
- City center
The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of New Mexico and Arizona, was signed here in 1854.
Old Mesilla Plaza has quaint adobe artesian shops and restaurants with the Historical San Albino Church to the North of the plaza.
Mesilla Plaza, Mesilla, NM 88005, USA
Recent travel tips for United States
- Charles Vergos RendezvousFor the BBQ-lover, Charles Vergos Rendezvous is the perfect place. They have the most excellent ribs prepared with care and delicates. Though I would say the dishes are a bit pricey, so if you're looking for a budget meal or restaurant [...]D: 14.8mi00
- Hermann Park in HoustonHerman Park is in the heart of Houston and it's a perfect spot for a sunny afternoon. In the center of the park there is a lake with benches on the shore and the Japanese garden - which is part of the park - is a beautiful walking place. [...]D: 19.5mi00
- Three Little Pigs BBQIf you're in a taste for some fresh, delicious pork dishes than you have to look up the Three Little Pigs BBQ on South Highland Street. They have juicy, grilled pork with excellent taste. I don't think I've ever eaten so much [...]D: 10.2mi00
- Backspace CafeI you are looking for a cafe/pub which is both geeky and cool, and where you can enjoy the best coffee in the state while listening to great live music, you should definitely check out Backspace. Backspace is located at the heart of the [...]D: 6mi00
- Indiana Medical History MuseumOne of the most oldest pathology centers in the US, the Indiana Medical History Museum is a hidden gem of science and medicine. What makes this museum such an interesting a little bit creepy place is that everything looks the same as it [...]D: 3.7mi00
Things about Las Cruces you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to rent rooms there for holidays, call the local tourist office. They can give you a long list of hotels and and so called 'pensionen'.
General: Tourisst acommodations
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
'Never been here before? We'll help you to organise your travel, but it is your trip in Morocco, you decide what to see where to go and when to...
Sightseeing: Morocco Desert Tour
The best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap...
Public Transportation: Airport Transfer
Full of povety not safe choose another destination
General: Do not go
Established during the 1700s by a Quaker carpenter named William Fell, Fell's Point has grown into a major tourist attraction, drawing people...
Sightseeing: Fell's Point
The Art Institute has got a very nice art collection whech can be seen permanently. Apart from that they have great exhibitions. My favorite...
History & Culture: The Art Institute of Chicago