Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Travel tips > North America > United States > Las Cruces > Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza
- General travel tip
- City center
The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of New Mexico and Arizona, was signed here in 1854.
Old Mesilla Plaza has quaint adobe artesian shops and restaurants with the Historical San Albino Church to the North of the plaza.
Mesilla Plaza, Mesilla, NM 88005, USA
Recent travel tips for United States
- Como Park Zoo and ConservatoryIt was a good idea to combine gardens with the zoo and recreation parks, that way you had everything 'under one roof' to say that. And the best part of the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory is that the admission is free, though they [...]D: 3mi00
- H3 RanchYou can get a bit of a Texas taste in this traditional restaurant in the heart of the Stockyard District. The H3 Ranch serves excellent food with fresh salads, delicious dessert and great wine. The staff was courteous, helpful but not [...]D: 4.4mi00
- Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich'sGo to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee at Dietrich's right by the beach and walk north along the shoreline. There are some beautiful [...]D: n/a10
- Chabot Space & Science CenterThis huge and beautiful facility is not only located in amazing surroundings, off the highway but also opens its areas of research to public. The Chabot Space & Science Center is a fun and also educational place to be, regardless of [...]D: 5.3mi00
- Paranormal 911 Haunted FirehouseWhat makes this Paranormal 911 Haunted Firehouse so unique is that you are not just shown around a house that is supposedly haunted and told everything about it, but you take part in the investigation to find out whether there are really [...]D: 12mi00
Things about Las Cruces you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
It may be the most expensive cafes in Venice, but Cafe Florian is history and a work of art in itself. It has been preserved almost like a museum,...
History & Culture: Cafe Florian
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
'Never been here before? We'll help you to organise your travel, but it is your trip in Morocco, you decide what to see where to go and when to...
Sightseeing: Morocco Desert Tour
Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
Driving into Johor Bahru via the Pasir Gudang Higway would be a great way to experience Malaysia as this highway is the only main highway...
General: Pasir Gudang Highway
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
The most beautiful thing near my city is lake Baikal. Many tourists come here to see it every year. Lake Baikal is the oldest (25 million years)...
General: Amazing lake Baikal near my city
Belen, New Mexico
Situated along the Rio Grande this nature reserve seeks to reverse the decline of the bosque wetlands. It is run by the Valencia Soil &...
Outdoors Activities: Whitfield Wildlife Conservation Area
This place is really nice. The Homestead Restaurant as a homey feeling to it, with an amazing staff who are smiling all the time, making you feel...
Food: The Homestead Restaurant
There are a lot of weird and unusual theme parks in the world, but the Holy Land Experience takes the cake. Like the name says, you'll find...
History & Culture: The Holy Land Experience
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt