Topkapi Palace, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > Topkapi Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though the whole place has a kind of charm to it, the crowd and the fact that there aren't very many rooms open and the open ones are so scarcely furnished that you may be a bit disappointed when you leave the palace.
A good point on the place is that the terrace is open and you have an amazing vie of the Bosporus. That really makes up to the disadvantages of the palace.
Gülhane Park, Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
20TRL (10 EUR), 15TRL (7.5 EUR) for the Harem.
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Istanbul Museum of Modern ArtYou get a glimpse in the 20th century Turkish artists viewpoints, life when you visit this amazing Istanbul Museum of Modern Art. The many interesting exhibitions just draw you closer and make you use you imagination when deciphering what [...]D: n/a00
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Pasazade RestaurantFeaturing Ottoman cuisine with rich flavors the Pasazade Restaurant or terrace for that matter is a delight in its own. They absolutely delicious dishes with spicy ingredients and it just waters your mouth the minute you just look at your [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Istanbul Archeology MuseumChristian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's first museum, opened in 1891, many objects, artifacts, and artworks have been gathered to be [...]D: n/a00
- Aloran RestaurantWe just loved the food and the service at the Aloran Restaurant. Though a bit pricey, and we had quite a trouble finding the place for starters, but aside from that, the food, the atmosphere was worth it. At least for us. When we went [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
Frankfurt Am Main, Germany
(_) (_) /_ _______/
Outdoors Activities: Rostyslav
This great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a...
Sightseeing: Parc de la Ciutadella
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Raleigh, North Carolina
Though a huge art gallery, it has some unique taste to it, and it gives you a bit of inspiration, the Artspace in Raleigh is quite enjoyable. The...
History & Culture: Artspace