Topkapi Palace, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > Topkapi Palace
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Though the whole place has a kind of charm to it, the crowd and the fact that there aren't very many rooms open and the open ones are so scarcely furnished that you may be a bit disappointed when you leave the palace.
A good point on the place is that the terrace is open and you have an amazing vie of the Bosporus. That really makes up to the disadvantages of the palace.
Gülhane Park, Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
20TRL (10 EUR), 15TRL (7.5 EUR) for the Harem.
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Byzantine HippodromeOriginally the home of sports games in the Byzantine period, the Hippodrome has been later converted into a park. It is open to the public all day long and is quite close to other major attractions such as the Ayasofya, the Blue Mosque or [...]D: 0.9mi00
- The Blue MosqueNamed after Sultan Ahmed, who made it to be built between 1607 and 1617, the Blue Mosque is a symbol of grandeur, harmony and beauty. It is a sight that would make you miss out on a lot, if not visited. Try to go and see the building in the [...]D: 0.9mi10
- Imbat RestaurantLocated on the rooftop of the Orient Express hotel, this Imbat Restaurant is delight. Not just because of its view of the city and the Bosporus, which is absolutely gorgeous, but their Turkish cuisine is just delicious. We had the lamb [...]D: 0.6mi01
- Aloran RestaurantWe just loved the food and the service at the Aloran Restaurant. Though a bit pricey, and we had quite a trouble finding the place for starters, but aside from that, the food, the atmosphere was worth it. At least for us. When we went [...]D: 0.4mi00
- One Nation Travel TurkeyWe thought that for the first time it would be great not to organize our trips in a foreign city ourselves, so we booked in advance for a 6-Day Istanbul Package with One Nation Travel Turkey agency. We were picked from the airport on our [...]D: 0.7mi11
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
This Museum is located inside the Al Fahid Fort and is one of the best places to experience some of the truly original Arabic artwork and more. The...
History & Culture: Dubai Museum
Day 01: Leave Dhaka by domestic flight for Jessore in the morning. On arrival at Jessore Airport our representative will receive and transfer you...
Sightseeing: World largest Mangrove Forest Sundarbans Forest Trips
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
The Veitsburg is a small castle on a hill overviewing Ravenburg. The place is ideal for everybody who wants to get a better view of the city. If...
Sightseeing: Veitsburg View Point
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Karachi Lines, Pakistan
Enjoy residing at luxurious hotels in Islamabad & hotels in Karachi with Trekkso - One of the best travel and tour operators of pakistan.
General: Hotels in Karachi
I am a loving lady who is seeking for my true love, I want to end my loneliness
General: Am a good girl
This club must be one of your favorites if you know bangkok nightlife a little. It's super stylish and also quite expensive. The Club looks like a...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bed Supper Club
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro