The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > The Blue Mosque
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Try to go and see the building in the morning, you will have an amazing experience of light and shadow play. And notice, that you have to enter on a side door, not the main entrance, because that is forbidden to visitors.
Hippodrome of Constantinople, Binbirdirek Mh., 34122 Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Istanbul Archeology MuseumChristian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's first museum, opened in 1891, many objects, artifacts, and artworks have been gathered to be [...]D: n/a00
- Topkapi PalaceUsed as the main residence for the Sultan Mehmet II, the Topkapi Palace now is such a major tourist attraction that it is almost very crowded. There are very many people, you have to queue to buy your ticket and sometimes you don't get [...]D: 0.8mi50
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Egyptian BazaarFull of color and smell, the Egyptian Bazaar is like spice gem in a small street. There so many spices, nuts, seeds, dried fruits to choose from, you can get lost in them. Though we saw very few locals, the place was flooded with visitors [...]D: n/a00
- One Nation Travel TurkeyWe thought that for the first time it would be great not to organize our trips in a foreign city ourselves, so we booked in advance for a 6-Day Istanbul Package with One Nation Travel Turkey agency. We were picked from the airport on our [...]D: 0.7mi11
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Museum der Westküste is a fantastic little museum that you would have never expected on a little island like Föhr. The relatively new...
History & Culture: Museum der Westüste
If you are interested in history, visit the 'Schloss Wilhelmshöhe' museum.
History & Culture: Schloss Wilhelmshöhe Museum
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
Last year we stayed a night in the Mandarin pension in Sopron. I can recommend this place because I was really satisfied with it. We paid around 20...
General: Mandarin Pension in Sopron
VIVA VINO JAZZ CLUB. Cool Jazz, great wine and beer, not to mention top of the line tequilas, a visit to this CLUB is a must. Whether you choose to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Viva Vino Jazz Club
If you are interested to know how the sultan palace looks like during the period of the Melaka Sultanate period. This Melaka sultanate Palace which...
Sightseeing: Melaka Sultanate Palace
Known as the favorite and popular Basque diner in the city, the Wool Growers surely presents you with something new. Eating with the locals there...
Food: Wool Growers
El Paso, Texas
Though not a huge zoo with lots and lots of animals, the El Paso Zoo has still its charm and can provide a fun or relaxed afternoon for the visitor...
Family & Fun: El Paso Zoo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Located in the building which has been the Seaboard Train Station years ago, the 18 Seaboard Restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty food in a...
Food: 18 Seaboard Restaurant
Hong Kong, China
Among the so many exotic, and spicy foods which are so popular in Chinese restaurants, there are some dishes/foods that you should not miss if you...
Food: Must-Try Chinese Foods