The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > The Blue Mosque
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Try to go and see the building in the morning, you will have an amazing experience of light and shadow play. And notice, that you have to enter on a side door, not the main entrance, because that is forbidden to visitors.
Hippodrome of Constantinople, Binbirdirek Mh., 34122 Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Egyptian BazaarFull of color and smell, the Egyptian Bazaar is like spice gem in a small street. There so many spices, nuts, seeds, dried fruits to choose from, you can get lost in them. Though we saw very few locals, the place was flooded with visitors [...]D: n/a00
- Basilica CisternJust across the street from the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern is a mysterious underground place that you shouldn't miss. There are very many columns lighted from under with reddish lamps, giving the whole place a bit of Gothic and [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Istanbul Archeology MuseumChristian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's first museum, opened in 1891, many objects, artifacts, and artworks have been gathered to be [...]D: n/a00
- Galata TowerWe wanted to take some pictures of Istanbul so we decided to go up the Galata Tower and have a glimpse of the city. The view from up there is absolutely beautiful. we took turns in posing for photos and we had much fun. The only thing I [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Topkapi PalaceUsed as the main residence for the Sultan Mehmet II, the Topkapi Palace now is such a major tourist attraction that it is almost very crowded. There are very many people, you have to queue to buy your ticket and sometimes you don't get [...]D: 0.8mi50
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
The opening of the laundrette by Sam Chin in 1878 was the first step in the establishment of Toronto's Chinatown. Thirty years later there were...
History & Culture: Chinatown
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary is on the way from Mysore to Sultan Bathery. It is spread over 344 square kms. and is about 16 km east of Sultan...
Outdoors Activities: Muthanga wild life sanctuary
If you are looking for free Wifi when in Rome, check out Barnum. This is the coziest place I have found with very friendly service. I never had...
General: Free Wifi
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
With a decoration not really for the faint hearted, Li'l Abner's Steakhouse, however has the best steak prepared on open grill in town....
Food: Li'l Abner's Steakhouse