The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > The Blue Mosque
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Try to go and see the building in the morning, you will have an amazing experience of light and shadow play. And notice, that you have to enter on a side door, not the main entrance, because that is forbidden to visitors.
Hippodrome of Constantinople, Binbirdirek Mh., 34122 Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Pasazade RestaurantFeaturing Ottoman cuisine with rich flavors the Pasazade Restaurant or terrace for that matter is a delight in its own. They absolutely delicious dishes with spicy ingredients and it just waters your mouth the minute you just look at your [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Turkish FlavorsTaking a class with Turkish Flavors in a Turkish environment and local and foreign people is an experience we shall never forget. Our 'teacher' was knowledgeable, helpful and very innovative. We had so much fun during her classes. [...]D: 1.9mi10
- Daily Istanbul ToursOne of the highlight of our stay in Istanbul was the trip we made with the Daily Istanbul Tours. We booked for a day trip, Istanbul Two Continents Tour, which was only 65 EUR each but what we received for it was well worth the money. We [...]D: 1mi20
- Hagia SophiaIf you are at Istanbul, you should visit the Hagia Sophia. Nowadays it´s a moslemic Moschee, but it was built as a christian church, representing the most important place for orthodoxy christs at Byzanz. [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegowina
Recently opened Hotel Union offers something for everyone. This sophisticated hotel is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the business...
General: Hotel UNION
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Kids love zoos so it was understandable that we would visit the zoo in Cleveland too. We had a great time. Though reasonably big, you get a pretty...
Family & Fun: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
New Orleans, Louisiana
If you haven't had the chance to celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans, you can at least see the floats at the Mardi Gras World. Blaine Kern...
Sightseeing: Mardi Gras World