The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > The Blue Mosque
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Try to go and see the building in the morning, you will have an amazing experience of light and shadow play. And notice, that you have to enter on a side door, not the main entrance, because that is forbidden to visitors.
Hippodrome of Constantinople, Binbirdirek Mh., 34122 Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Daily Istanbul ToursOne of the highlight of our stay in Istanbul was the trip we made with the Daily Istanbul Tours. We booked for a day trip, Istanbul Two Continents Tour, which was only 65 EUR each but what we received for it was well worth the money. We [...]D: 1mi20
- Basilica CisternJust across the street from the Blue Mosque, the Basilica Cistern is a mysterious underground place that you shouldn't miss. There are very many columns lighted from under with reddish lamps, giving the whole place a bit of Gothic and [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Aloran RestaurantWe just loved the food and the service at the Aloran Restaurant. Though a bit pricey, and we had quite a trouble finding the place for starters, but aside from that, the food, the atmosphere was worth it. At least for us. When we went [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Istanbul Archeology MuseumChristian and pagan, ancient and newer artifacts are gathered at the world's largest museum, at the Istanbul Archeology Museum. As Turkey's first museum, opened in 1891, many objects, artifacts, and artworks have been gathered to be [...]D: n/a00
- Istanbul Turkish Night Dinner ShowTURKISH NIGHT Dinner folk and belly dance show (Traditional music - dance evening - Istanbul) you will be picked up from your hotel and will transfer you to the showand at end of the show we will transfer you back to your hotel. Midnight [...]D: 1.7mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are at Stuttgart, you should visit the Landesmuseum, situated in the old castle in the city center. There are several exceptional exhibits,...
History & Culture: Landesmuseum of Stuttgart
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
If your with car, you have to pay for parking, as usually, but you can park in some nearby streets without parking fees.
General: Parking fee
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
During these two weeks we drove the total of 4.000 something km visiting four countries.
General: 14 Day Road Trip in Europe
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro