The Blue Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > The Blue Mosque
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Try to go and see the building in the morning, you will have an amazing experience of light and shadow play. And notice, that you have to enter on a side door, not the main entrance, because that is forbidden to visitors.
Hippodrome of Constantinople, Binbirdirek Mh., 34122 Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- One Nation Travel TurkeyWe thought that for the first time it would be great not to organize our trips in a foreign city ourselves, so we booked in advance for a 6-Day Istanbul Package with One Nation Travel Turkey agency. We were picked from the airport on our [...]D: 0.7mi11
- Istanbul Turkish Night Dinner ShowTURKISH NIGHT Dinner folk and belly dance show (Traditional music - dance evening - Istanbul) you will be picked up from your hotel and will transfer you to the showand at end of the show we will transfer you back to your hotel. Midnight [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Aloran RestaurantWe just loved the food and the service at the Aloran Restaurant. Though a bit pricey, and we had quite a trouble finding the place for starters, but aside from that, the food, the atmosphere was worth it. At least for us. When we went [...]D: 0.4mi00
- Sultanahmet - The Blue MosqueIt's official name is Sultanahmet, after Ahmet I, who ordered it's construction. It is next to Hagia Sophia, but it's six minarets and cascading domes dominate the view of the city. There was some scandal, because only the Great Haram [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Vancouver, British Columbia
Enjoying a meal in a relaxing atmosphere, and with a breathtaking view of the False Creek Marina is everything one could wish for when in Vancouver...
Food: The Hurricane Grill
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
A 3-storey blue haveli where Great Mahatma Gandhi was born is converted into a Museum now. The aura of the place makes you feel undoubtedly...
History & Culture: Kirti Mandir
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
11 giorni - 4 giorni di trekking a piedi 03/10/2012 - 13/10/2012 Questa escursione ci tuffa in una delle più belle valli del Marocco: uno...
General: Trekking Berbero nella Valle delle Rose e Dades
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
The best way to get to the city from the airport is by Taxi. Also, once you are in the city, the best way to travel is again by taxi, it's cheap...
Public Transportation: Airport Transfer