San Jacinto Monument and Museum, Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > San Jacinto Monument and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Inside the monument you can read the story of the war and the capture of general Santa Anna - a little one sided - and you can also watch a good documentary about the events. You can visit the various battle sites in the park and take pictures of the small cemetery with very old tombstones.
The battleship on the bayou of the park was my favorite. You can go on-board for $10 and climb all levels up and down, it is huge and if you are with kids, they will also love it. The monument and park are impressive, it's a definite must see in Houston.
Admission is $6 per person.
From 8 AM to 6 PM.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Contemporary Arts MuseumIf you're in for a little contemporary art window-shopping, than it is a great place. I have been to Houston only once, and this museum was the best thing I saw. The building is made of something silvery colored metal and it can be [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Astros Field in HoustonThe Astros are Houston's well supported and very popular baseball team. Also known as Minute Maid Park the stadium was finished is 2000. Now it can hold 40.000 spectators and has got some really cool features. The roof is retractable, [...]D: 19mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Museum of Contemporary ArtsI have only been to Houston once and this place was my favorite. The building is made of silvery aluminum or similar, but it can easily be spotted out. Besides it is kitty-cornered with the Fine Arts Museum. If you didn’t get [...]D: 18.9mi11
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
A good way to discover the city it is to do a theme itinerary, in this page http://www.world-rt.com/travel/theme-barcelona.php there are 12...
Sightseeing: Barcelona itinerary
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
For all you beach lovers out there, this is a must when in Croatia. Considered to be the best beach in Croatia because of shape, it is a peninsula...
Beaches : Zlatni Rat
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Hi, Antalya is a very beautiful place and the environment here is very refreshing. It Attracts the visitors from all over the world. So One needs a...
Public Transportation: Reach your final destination safely and comfortably.
To see and experience a better and a larger part of Anchorage and Alaska, you shouldn't miss boarding a tour with the Alaska Railroad Depot....
Public Transportation: Alaska Railroad Depot
New England Aquarium is amazing. It is a three story complex with a lot of thematized exhibitions and programs for kids and adults as well...
Family & Fun: New England Aquarium in Boston
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I do believe the Summit at The Broadmoor restaurant is one of the best I've been to in Colorado Springs. Belonging to the Hotel Resort just...
Food: Summit at The Broadmoor
Serving extremely delicious food in an eclectic, fusion-like cuisine, the 33rd Street Bistro is a local favorite. Being almost always full, it...
Food: 33rd Street Bistro
Santa Barbara, California
Great thing to check out while in Santa Barbara would be the beaches. Every beach is wonderful but I really recommend Butterfly Beach. Stunningly...
Outdoors Activities: Things to do in Santa Barbara