San Jacinto Monument and Museum, Houston, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > Houston > San Jacinto Monument and Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Inside the monument you can read the story of the war and the capture of general Santa Anna - a little one sided - and you can also watch a good documentary about the events. You can visit the various battle sites in the park and take pictures of the small cemetery with very old tombstones.
The battleship on the bayou of the park was my favorite. You can go on-board for $10 and climb all levels up and down, it is huge and if you are with kids, they will also love it. The monument and park are impressive, it's a definite must see in Houston.
Admission is $6 per person.
From 8 AM to 6 PM.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Houston
- NASA Johnson Space CenterI went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't see everything for the lack of time, but we would definitely go back again. There are [...]D: 40.8mi00
- Museum of Fine Arts in HoustonThe Museum of Fine Arts is housed in two buildings (the Law and the Beck building), one in front of the other. You can walk between them through an underground tunnel that connects the two. Law houses permanent exhibitions of modern [...]D: 18.9mi00
- Brenner's Steakhouse in HoustonWell it is definitely not for vegetarians... :) Brenner's is an award winning steakhouse, as you may know, but I was not so very amazed. Food was good, indeed, although we went with some friends and the stake of some was overcooked. I [...]D: n/a00
- Maria SelmaMaria Selma is a great great great Mexican restaurant. I was there a couple of times and I love it - everyone I know does. They have the best margaritas ever and very good service. One can only speak in superlatives about the place. I [...]D: 18.1mi00
- Sierra Grill in HoustonSierra Grill is a great representative of TexMex cuisine with a very nice local rustic style. It is very friendly and you can, of course wear anything you want, maybe except for huge cowboy hats. :) I tried the chili crusted tuna made [...]D: 18.6mi00
Things about Houston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
It is the best and most special way to see the sights of Killarney to take a Jarvey trip. A Jarvey is a carriage, many of them are available for...
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Check booking fares early & often The flight booking fares always fluctuate, so timing is everything to book a flight ticket. I recommend...
General: Minimal stop when flying
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Just looking from the outside, the name would not even match, but knowing that it really was a Police Patrol House, makes The Precinct even more...
Food: The Precinct
Corpus Christi, Texas
Serving also gourmet dishes, Padre Pizzeria has an excellent catering service. Their food are prepared with attention to detail, and always look...
Food: Padre Pizzeria
This is probably the most amazing canyon you can visit. Unfortunately, you cannot add any photos via this tool yet, but basically you feel like you...
Sightseeing: Antelope Canyon
El Bravo has been there almost 30 years now, and is still pumping up with great food and popularity. No wonder, their dishes are absolutely...
Food: El Bravo Restaurant in Phoenix