Shaolin Temples in Henan, China
Travel tips > Asia > China > Henan > Shaolin Temples in Henan
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
There are some original murals inside the temples, but most of them are from the later ages, they are still, very beautiful. Some scenes show fighting with Kung-fu moves.
There are steles in the yard, these are used for special events, one of them is for the celebration of the visits of US Kung-fu masters.
Up on the hill, next to the temples there is a forest, the Pagoda Forest with the stone memorials of the monks of the temples beginning with the 9th century. Students make here their daily practice, it's very great.
There are many other things here, including souvenir shops, but the atmosphere and the tranquility of the place and the men here is what really enchants you.
Recent travel tips for China
- Beijing HutongsHutongs are known as small passageways or streets, originated from the Yuan dynasty. They are the symbols of the everyday life of common people. And because so many locals who lived in these hutongs were happy with their ways of life, it [...]D: 11.5mi00
- Must-Try Chinese FoodsAmong the so many exotic, and spicy foods which are so popular in Chinese restaurants, there are some dishes/foods that you should not miss if you visit the country. For a copious meal you have to try the roast pork. This meal can be [...]D: n/a00
- City Hall Maxim’s Place, Best Restaurant in Hong KongIt is one of the best places I've eaten at while I was in Hong Kong. The whole place has a nice kind of buzz to it, with waitresses pushing food trays around for you to choose from. This way, you can see what you're choosing to eat instead [...]D: 5199.9mi00
- Living in Hangzhou ChinaThis is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China. [...]D: n/a00
- The Ramada Hotel in Hong KongA very comfortable, cozy hotel with great services, the Ramada was worth the money. We got a room on the 12th floor, and we had an excellent view of the city with its bustling everyday traffic. Our room was not so big, but it was really [...]D: 2mi00
Things about Henan you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to take a look at Ravensburg not only from the streets, climb up the Blaserturm and look all over the central place Marienplatz and the...
Family & Fun: The Blaserturm
Bonao, Dominican Republic
Travel to the mountains of the caribbean. Climb the highest peak of the Caribbean. Pico Duarte
Outdoors Activities: Hotel Gold Premium
If you are close, you should take a look at the impressing Castel at Carcassone. It also offers a great view over the city.
History & Culture: Catharian castle
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Make a bike trip through the Aaron Island. On the main island you can rent bikes for that.
Outdoors Activities: Biking on the Aaron Island
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Belen, New Mexico
The Belen Art League was founded in 1956. It is a non-profit organization comprised of artists primarily from Belen and other parts of...
Shopping: Belen Art League Gallery & Gifts
Key West, Florida
Roaming the Old Town of Key West is like roaming the streets of a Victorian-era city set in a tropical surrounding. The building are so beautifully...
History & Culture: The Old Town of Key West by Trolley
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights