Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Two years ago, construction of a hydraulic power station started at the same site. Noises, dust, bad road, pollution… which made the market much less interesting to many locals as well as visitors. For such reason, Green Sapa Tour decided to stop operating this interesting trip every Tuesday.
During the period, local government decided to move the market place to another location so that to get away from the power plant. Luckily that, after nearly two years, construction of the new market as well as of the bridge to connect the two banks of the Chay River has completed and now the market has returned. Located on top of a hill, overlooking down Chay River, the market now has much larger ground which can help to accommodate thousands of tribal peoples from villages in the region to come enjoying their time here shopping, drinking and socializing.
Different from the former market place, the large ground near the center of the market helps local farmers form a large cattle market where they can sell and buy water-buffaloes, cows, pigs…
Same as in many other place, a spacious building was built with booths for rent which are often empty, tribal peoples has kept their own way, setting up simple booths, stall and food-shops on the open ground which is always crowded with festive atmosphere.
The minor negative factors is that, the construction works has damages part of the surrounding scenery, hopefully grass, plants will help to recover the beautiful surrounding soon
How to get there:
By Train & Car
+84 4 983. 168. 148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Mekong Biking 3 Days Saigon - Ben Tre - Vinh Long - Can ThoDay1: Saigon to Vinh Long. (Lunch, dinner) We travel two hours from Saigon to My Tho where we board our boat. Late morning finds us drifting down bustling arteries of the Mekong from where we veer off to travel down the tranquil canals. Our [...]D: n/a00
- Make the Most of Your Hanoi City Day Trip with www...“Buffalo Tours takes you to a fully guided day tour to Hanoi city and makes you enjoy the selected highlights that this beautiful and charismatic city has to offer.” Explore major highlights that Vietnam Hanoi city tour has [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Early Lê dynasty (980-1009)The Early Lê dynasty (Vietnamese: Nhà Tiền Lê) was a dynasty that ruled Vietnam after the Đinh Dynasty and before the Lý Dynasty. They ruled for a total of three generations and was known for repelling the Song invasion. *Lê Đại [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Vietnam Travel HolidayVietnam Travel Holiday, Holiday Tour Travel, Vietnam Travel Holidays-Vietnam Lao Cambodia Travel, Vietnam Laos Cambodia Tour Vietnamtravelways.com operated by OPENTOUR VIETNAM GROUP [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Come back from VietnamI have just come back home from Vietnam which is a small lovely country. I had travelled there for three weeks. I went to famous place in Vietnam as Halong, Nhatrang and ending of Hanoi. The seasides in Vietnam are so impressed. Halong is [...]D: 2.1mi01
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
Right in the heart of Hamburg's Saint Paul district lies the Reeperbahn Street, the center of the German city's nightlife. There are clubs and...
Night Life & Entertainment: Reeperbahn Street is Hamburg
If you want to get an great view over the city of Ravensburg, you should climb up one of these medieval towers. It´s nearly like flying with an...
Family & Fun: The tower Mehlsack
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
If you want to leave your car somewhere which is not a real parking lot be careful not to park on the grass! Some months ago we were at the Zoo and...
General: Be careful when parking in Debrecen
The West Church (Westerkerk) is one the highest buildings in Amsterdam and one of the few that allows visitors to climb its top. The view is quite...
History & Culture: West Church in Amsterdam
Hello Bacarra, get a stop over at Bacarra on your way to Pagudpud. It is worth visiting. It's historical belltower is outstanding, the tallest in...
General: Historical belltower Co-ca river sandy beach of Natba
It may look like one of the most luxurious spas you see on TV, but trust me, the service and the welcoming smiles at the Vogue Day Spa just blow...
Sports & Wellness : Vogue Day Spa
Clear Creek makes eau de vie out of the most delicious fruits in Oregon, and in addition to this alcoholic delight, they also distill brandy,...
Sightseeing: Clear Creek Distillery