Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Two years ago, construction of a hydraulic power station started at the same site. Noises, dust, bad road, pollution… which made the market much less interesting to many locals as well as visitors. For such reason, Green Sapa Tour decided to stop operating this interesting trip every Tuesday.
During the period, local government decided to move the market place to another location so that to get away from the power plant. Luckily that, after nearly two years, construction of the new market as well as of the bridge to connect the two banks of the Chay River has completed and now the market has returned. Located on top of a hill, overlooking down Chay River, the market now has much larger ground which can help to accommodate thousands of tribal peoples from villages in the region to come enjoying their time here shopping, drinking and socializing.
Different from the former market place, the large ground near the center of the market helps local farmers form a large cattle market where they can sell and buy water-buffaloes, cows, pigs…
Same as in many other place, a spacious building was built with booths for rent which are often empty, tribal peoples has kept their own way, setting up simple booths, stall and food-shops on the open ground which is always crowded with festive atmosphere.
The minor negative factors is that, the construction works has damages part of the surrounding scenery, hopefully grass, plants will help to recover the beautiful surrounding soon
How to get there:
By Train & Car
+84 4 983. 168. 148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- VIETNAM FAMILY VACATIONS 11 DAYSDAY 1: ARRIVE HO CHI MINH CITY On arrival at Ho Chi Minh's Tan Son Nhat International airport, you will be greeted by our guide and transferred to your hotel in town. Overnight in HCMC. ORVERNIGHT : HO CHI MINH MEALS : DAY 2: HO CHI MINH [...]D: n/a00
- Tips to cure seasickness for travelers- Before sailing, do not eat greasy food or acid as orange juice, grapefruit juice ... because these foods are hard to digest. But it should not to let yourself starve. Both A full and an empty stomach will make you uncomfortable. - Drink [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Discover Myanmar from Highlights to Beach Relaxation 12 daysDAY 1: ARRIVE YANGON (D) Upon arrival at Yangon International Airport, you will be welcomed by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check in. After that, you will visit Sule, City Hall, and the High Court (noted for its British [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Best way to from Noi bai airport to Hanoi centerVietnam Sunshine Travel is specializing in package and customized tours, cruise tours, hotel booking... for travelers to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. We are licensed as an International Tour Operator Company (License No: 01-005/TCDL-GP [...]D: 0.3mi00
- Vietnam Family Vacations 8 days | Luxury Travel VietnamDay 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City On arrival at Ho Chi Minh's Tan Son Nhat International airport, you will be greeted by our guide and transferred to your hotel in town. Overnight in HCMC. Day 2: Cao Dai Temples & Cu Chi Tunnels (B) This [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Wenn man Whiskey schätzt, dann ist der Dudelsack ein idealer Ort. Dort kann man aus über 100 verschiedenen Sorten auswählen und genießen.
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
Petra is now one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. It is a fabulous place from the Eastern tales, simply breathtaking. The old city was...
History & Culture: The Ancient City
Top Islands to spend a quality Myanmar luxury holiday Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center...
Sightseeing: Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holiday
Huahine, French Polynesia
Tahiti is famous for growing great vanilla. Be sure to take a tour of Huahine and visit the vanilla farms where you can buy fresh vanilla beans to...
History & Culture: Vanilla Farms in Huahine
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Though located a few miles from Arlington, in the neighboring Grand Prairie, the entertaining and fun amusement park Ripley's Grand Prairie is...
Family & Fun: Ripley's Grand Prairie
Saint Louis, Missouri
One of the oldest and maybe most known botanical gardens that have been in operation since their opening, is the Missouri Botanical Gardens just in...
Sightseeing: Missouri Botanical Garden