Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Two years ago, construction of a hydraulic power station started at the same site. Noises, dust, bad road, pollution… which made the market much less interesting to many locals as well as visitors. For such reason, Green Sapa Tour decided to stop operating this interesting trip every Tuesday.
During the period, local government decided to move the market place to another location so that to get away from the power plant. Luckily that, after nearly two years, construction of the new market as well as of the bridge to connect the two banks of the Chay River has completed and now the market has returned. Located on top of a hill, overlooking down Chay River, the market now has much larger ground which can help to accommodate thousands of tribal peoples from villages in the region to come enjoying their time here shopping, drinking and socializing.
Different from the former market place, the large ground near the center of the market helps local farmers form a large cattle market where they can sell and buy water-buffaloes, cows, pigs…
Same as in many other place, a spacious building was built with booths for rent which are often empty, tribal peoples has kept their own way, setting up simple booths, stall and food-shops on the open ground which is always crowded with festive atmosphere.
The minor negative factors is that, the construction works has damages part of the surrounding scenery, hopefully grass, plants will help to recover the beautiful surrounding soon
How to get there:
By Train & Car
+84 4 983. 168. 148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Vietnam tour packagesHanoi Sky Travel has now become one of the best tour operator in Vietnam and has successfully helped thousands of travelers realize their dream of traveling to Vietnam.HST provides customers with abundantly and detailed destination [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Make the Most of Your Hanoi City Day Trip with www...“Buffalo Tours takes you to a fully guided day tour to Hanoi city and makes you enjoy the selected highlights that this beautiful and charismatic city has to offer.” Explore major highlights that Vietnam Hanoi city tour has [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Car rental in hanoiItinerary Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam since the 11th century dazzles visitors its unique blend of oriental lifestyle, French colonial architecture, tree-lined boulevards and peaceful lakes. Still retaining a charming air from its colonial [...]D: 0.6mi00
- A Taste of Vietnam with greentrailtourism.comDetail Itinerary This trip is designed for the traveler with limited time and an unlimited appetite for a culinary adventure. It features a 12-day itinerary of Vietnam 's most popular spots, with many special opportunities to discover [...]D: n/a00
- Hanoi - Halong Overnight On BoatHanoi - Halong Overnight On Boat (05 Days 04 Nights) Day 01: Hanoi Arrival Dinner On arrival at Noi Bai airport, you are met and transferred to Hanoi – Vietnam’s capital, is a stylish and gracious city that retain an [...]D: 2.3mi10
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Berlin travel tips - Germany
I spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many...
Food: The Bird Steakhouse
Avignon travel tips - France
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Reims travel tips - France
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Kalambaka travel tips - Greece
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Hajduszoboszlo travel tips - Hungary
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
Killarney travel tips - Ireland
The National Park is huge and beautiful. It is right next to the city, so you can easily reach it wherever in Killarney you would be. The Park...
Outdoors Activities: Killarney National Park
Fort Lauderdale travel tips - Florida
The Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical...
Family & Fun: Butterfly World in Fort Lauderdale
Milwaukee travel tips - Wisconsin
Two things can be said about the Basilica of St. Josaphat: beautiful and amazingly big. Its architecture and style is breathtaking and you feel you...
History & Culture: Basilica of St. Josaphat
Oakland travel tips - California
An entertainment park which is mostly directed at child visitors, Fairyland is like Wonderland from Alice's dream. A wide variety of...
Family & Fun: Fairyland
Toledo travel tips - Ohio
What an amazing museum holding such unique and interesting exhibits. Who would have thought that Toledo is the city where the museum dedicated to...
History & Culture: Blair Museum of Lithophanes