Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Two years ago, construction of a hydraulic power station started at the same site. Noises, dust, bad road, pollution… which made the market much less interesting to many locals as well as visitors. For such reason, Green Sapa Tour decided to stop operating this interesting trip every Tuesday.
During the period, local government decided to move the market place to another location so that to get away from the power plant. Luckily that, after nearly two years, construction of the new market as well as of the bridge to connect the two banks of the Chay River has completed and now the market has returned. Located on top of a hill, overlooking down Chay River, the market now has much larger ground which can help to accommodate thousands of tribal peoples from villages in the region to come enjoying their time here shopping, drinking and socializing.
Different from the former market place, the large ground near the center of the market helps local farmers form a large cattle market where they can sell and buy water-buffaloes, cows, pigs…
Same as in many other place, a spacious building was built with booths for rent which are often empty, tribal peoples has kept their own way, setting up simple booths, stall and food-shops on the open ground which is always crowded with festive atmosphere.
The minor negative factors is that, the construction works has damages part of the surrounding scenery, hopefully grass, plants will help to recover the beautiful surrounding soon
How to get there:
By Train & Car
+84 4 983. 168. 148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Halong bay - Cat Ba - Monkey Island Resort 4 DaysDay 1: Hanoi – Ha long (Lunch, dinner) 08h00 AM: Depart for Halong in 3 hours and a half (you will have a short break of 30 minutes in Hai Duong province). 11h30 AM: Arrive Ha long bay, get on the Junk, your lunch will be in the [...]D: n/a00
- Cruises In Halong | Halong Bay Cruise Reviews By Custom...Title: Tour in Vietnam | Vietnam Tour Package | Vietnam Tours Operator Url: http://www.customvietnamtravel.com Description: Tour in Vietnam, As one of the travel companies in Vietnam, Custom Vietnam Travel is committed to bring satisfaction [...]D: 1.4mi10
- Hanoi AcoomodationHanoi Sunshine Suites hotel This brand-new modern 3,5 hotel is located right in the heart of Old Quarter Hanoi, nearby everything you might need for your stay such as restaurants, local markets, souvenir shops, banks, tour agents... It [...]D: 0.2mi10
- Early Lê dynasty (980-1009)The Early Lê dynasty (Vietnamese: Nhà Tiền Lê) was a dynasty that ruled Vietnam after the Đinh Dynasty and before the Lý Dynasty. They ruled for a total of three generations and was known for repelling the Song invasion. *Lê Đại [...]D: 7.4mi00
- Expected to welcome the six million international...Expected to welcome the six million international visitors in Quang Ninh VNAT said, with current growth, Vietnam's tourism sector is expected to welcome the six million international guests by the end of this December. According to VNAT, [...]D: 2.3mi10
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Kirkland House cheap accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for business men’s and other people need...
Food: Accommodation brisbane
If you are at Sion, you should try to visit the ancient roman building remnants, that are mainly covered by private buildings. You should also go...
Sightseeing: Roman building remnants
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
I really enjoyed my dinner here the other night. Although it's not cheap by any means, the food and atmosphere are great and the service is even...
Food: Eat at 'Das Weisse Haus'
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
The Gothic style Cathedral is the main attraction of the city. It would be really hard to miss it because it's huge. It was built from volcanic...
History & Culture: Cathedral Notre Dame
Don't go to the so called 'Rion' beach, it´s just real touristic crap.
Outdoors Activities: Rion beach
Named after Sultan Ahmed, who made it to be built between 1607 and 1617, the Blue Mosque is a symbol of grandeur, harmony and beauty. It is a sight...
History & Culture: The Blue Mosque
You can't get enough of this museum, it is so amazing. We spent almost a half day inside the National Palace Museum and we still felt we could...
History & Culture: National Palace Museum
New Orleans, Louisiana
Beignets are one of the most famous sweets in Southern cuisine, and they are about as beloved by New Orleans residents as donuts are in other...
Food: Cafe du Monde in New Orleans