Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu, Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel tips > Asia > Vietnam > Hanoi > Coc Ly market used to be famous among visitors for over 10 years for its festive atmosphere, colorfu
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
Two years ago, construction of a hydraulic power station started at the same site. Noises, dust, bad road, pollution… which made the market much less interesting to many locals as well as visitors. For such reason, Green Sapa Tour decided to stop operating this interesting trip every Tuesday.
During the period, local government decided to move the market place to another location so that to get away from the power plant. Luckily that, after nearly two years, construction of the new market as well as of the bridge to connect the two banks of the Chay River has completed and now the market has returned. Located on top of a hill, overlooking down Chay River, the market now has much larger ground which can help to accommodate thousands of tribal peoples from villages in the region to come enjoying their time here shopping, drinking and socializing.
Different from the former market place, the large ground near the center of the market helps local farmers form a large cattle market where they can sell and buy water-buffaloes, cows, pigs…
Same as in many other place, a spacious building was built with booths for rent which are often empty, tribal peoples has kept their own way, setting up simple booths, stall and food-shops on the open ground which is always crowded with festive atmosphere.
The minor negative factors is that, the construction works has damages part of the surrounding scenery, hopefully grass, plants will help to recover the beautiful surrounding soon
How to get there:
By Train & Car
+84 4 983. 168. 148
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Hanoi
- Classic Vietnam Sightseeing Tour 10 Days 9 NightsDay 1: Arrival Hanoi Vietnam Today you’ll land in Hanoi. Warmly welcome by Tour Guide & Car Driver at airport then transfer to Hanoi Downtown, a city of lakes, shaded boulevards, public parks, and the capital of Vietnam. Check into your [...]D: 0.1mi00
- Halong Bay ToursHalong Bay Vietnam is recognized as the famous World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994 and the New 7 Wonders of Nature voted by the tourists over the world in 2012. Founded in 2006, Amazing Halong Bay becomes one of the best halong bay [...]D: n/a00
- Vietnam Cooking Tour By Greentrailtourism.comDetail Itinerary Day 1 : Arrival Ha Noi (D) Arrive at Noi Bai Airport and coach transfer to hotel. Take a cyclo, the Vietnamese version of the rickshaw to Indochine Restaurant for an introduction to Vietnamese food. Set in a beautifully [...]D: n/a10
- Best Market from Can Cau to Bac Ha 4 days/ 3nightsDay 1 : Hanoi -Laocai ( night train ) Pick up at your hotel and taxi take you to Hanoi Railway Station for the night train at at 9:30 PM to get to Laocai Station. Sleep on the train. Day 2 : Arrival Laocai - Bacha - Cancau market [...]D: n/a00
- Travel around HanoiThe road condition in Hanoi is dramatically crowded due to thousands of bicycles, motorbikes along the way. Thus, taxi, cyclo and car with Vietnamese driver are the best way to travel around Hanoi. There are reliable taxi companies [...]D: 0.4mi00
Things about Hanoi you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
If you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old...
Sightseeing: Walking in the old city center
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
Located at the estuary of the Sumida River, the Hamarikyu Garden park is a getaway for the people and visitors of the city. Though found in Central...
Sightseeing: Hamarikyu Gardens
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
As a traveler if you decide to visit Romania and on your schedule you'll find some time to explore Bucharest, than take a moment and stop in the...
Sightseeing: Historical Center of Bucharest
Sightseeing and eating at local restaurants are the first things you do when you travel to a foreign country/city. And with the City Taste Tours...
Sightseeing: City Taste Tours