Franklin Mountains State Park, El Paso, Texas
Travel tips > North America > United States > El Paso > Franklin Mountains State Park
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
You can take part on tours scheduled every day, though there is a 1O-person limit, so you should book in advance. You can also go rock-climbing or camping, but because there is no water or electricity you have to contact them before you decide to put up a tent anywhere.
It is an amazing sight, with the mountains in the background and it a great for pictures if not anything else.
1331 McKelligon Canyon Rd, El Paso, TX 79930, USA
8am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for El Paso
- El Paso Museum of ArtLocated downtown, the El Paso Museum of Art is small gem of artworks from European, Mexican and Latin-American artists. The best thing about the place is that it is free for the public, though there are some exhibits that might be charged. [...]D: 6.5mi00
- El Paso ZooThough not a huge zoo with lots and lots of animals, the El Paso Zoo has still its charm and can provide a fun or relaxed afternoon for the visitor. There are only a few lions, tigers, some elephants and monkeys, birds and seals to just [...]D: 3.5mi00
- Crave Kitchen and BarI would say this restaurant is one of the best in whole El Paso. The Crave Kitchen and Bar has not only great service but excellent food too. If I would have had enough place in my stomach and money in my pockets I would have tried [...]D: 6.7mi00
- Wyler Aerial TramwayFound in the Franklin Mountains State Park, the Wyler Aerial Tramway features tramway gondolas that take you up to Franklin mountain where you can look down on El Paso in the east and admire the place's beauty and wildness. You can [...]D: 5.6mi00
- Edge of Texas SteakhouseA bit far from downtown El Paso, the Edge of Texas Steakhouse is still a place worth going to if you would like really great food. Their steaks is their specialty and deserves every praise because there is no other place where they can [...]D: 15.6mi00
Things about El Paso you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Lt. Gov. John Graves Simcoe saw the newborn USA as a threat, so he established the base of Fort York in 1793 to defend Toronto (known as...
History & Culture: Fort York
The inner city consits mostly out of medieval buildings, so it´s worth a visit!
General: Medieval buildings in the inner city
Derry, United Kingdom
As you may know, Halloween has its roots in the Irish culture. A fine example for that is the Halloween Carnival in Derry, a city in Northern...
Night Life & Entertainment: Derry Halloween Carnival
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
So it's that time of the year again when you've packed your bags and are raring to go and find yourself heading to God's Own Country – Kerala...
Beaches : Some Must-Do Activities On Your Trip To Kerala
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
It was the best place we've dined since our stay in Jacksonville. The staff in the Restaurant Orsay is great, always at your side but not...
Food: Restaurant Orsay in Jacksonville
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns