Trail of Freedom, Boston, Massachusetts
Travel tips > North America > United States > Boston > Trail of Freedom
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
A red brick line marks the trial, so you can never lose your way. You will need about 2-3 hours if you want to walk all the way, which I recommend. There are 16 sites, most of them are free for visitors.
The best way is to start from the Boston Common to the Bunker Hill. All the sites worth visiting from the Ben Franklin Statue to the Boston Massacre Site. There are organized tours as well, but I would recommend to go by your own, you can enjoy it much better.
From Boston Common to Bunker Hill.
Most sites are free.
Daily from 9am to 6pm.
Recent travel tips for Boston
- AxisIt's a great club for the lovers of rock music. Kind of a dirty, dark place, but that's what is so cool about it. Many rock bands come to give concerts, so you will probably have to buy tickets in advance if you want to get in. You can [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Samuel Adams BreweryBoston is famous for its breweries, among many other things and the Samuel Adams Brewery makes some world famous beers. The brewery is open for visitors, they have tours on which you can see how the beer is made and also taste the [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Old South Meeting HouseNow a museum, Old South Meeting House served as a community home and church also during the secon half of the 18th century. In 1773 here was the gathering spot of 5000 outraged Boston citizens that resulted in the famous Boston Tea [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Massachusetts State HouseOne of the jewels of the city stands on top of Beacon Hill and is the Massachusetts State House. It was built in 1798 and is a beautiful buildng. It's dome originally had wooden shingles, but then these were replaced with [...]D: 2.6mi00
- Harvard YardIf you are looking for a really beautiful place to relax, walk around, eat a sandwich or read a little sitting under an old tree, Harvard Yard is the perfect place. It is about 25 acres large and is surrounded by the oldest and most [...]D: n/a00
Things about Boston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Hi, I like Alicante for its beautiful sites and refreshing environment. The people here are very helpful and supportive. [url=http://www...
Public Transportation: Alicante is a very nice place to visit.
This incredible little town is located on the edge of Basque Country at the entry point to the region of La Rioja. The unique thing about this town...
Sightseeing: Town of Laguardia
Los Cabos, Mexico
This bar is THE bar. It has great music, really nice staff, friendly people and the whole ambiance of the place just makes it wanting to return...
Night Life & Entertainment: Rips Bar in Cabo San Lucas
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
On planning to visit Leh Ladakh via bike ride from Manali, then the best time would be June to September. You may need to travel at least 2 days by...
General: A complete guide to bike trip in ladakh
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley