Harvard Yard, Boston, Massachusetts
Travel tips > North America > United States > Boston > Harvard Yard
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
It is about 25 acres large and is surrounded by the oldest and most beautiful buildings of the prestigeous university. You can also visit some of the academic halls and libraries that are also worthy of your time and admiration.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Boston
- Samuel Adams BreweryBoston is famous for its breweries, among many other things and the Samuel Adams Brewery makes some world famous beers. The brewery is open for visitors, they have tours on which you can see how the beer is made and also taste the [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Old South Meeting HouseNow a museum, Old South Meeting House served as a community home and church also during the secon half of the 18th century. In 1773 here was the gathering spot of 5000 outraged Boston citizens that resulted in the famous Boston Tea [...]D: 2.8mi00
- Trinity Church BostonBoston's most beautiful church, in my opinion is the Trinity Church. The Romanesque style building was consacrated in 1877 and is one of the most popular landmarks of the city eve since.The inside is wonderfully decorated and has [...]D: n/a00
- Boston Harbour ToursBoston Harbour is amazing, it still has got this 19th c. port feeling about it. You can take an old style Boston Harbour tour on a sailboat.The boat tour is amazing in itself, but the view is amazing both onto the city and the Atlantic [...]D: 3.2mi00
- Boston Museum of Fine ArtsBeautiful museum, somehow both classic and modern. Museum of Fine Arts has got seven galleries dedicated to contemporary art, which are all beautiful, but not my favorites from the museum.I love the Americas Wing that [...]D: 0.6mi00
Things about Boston you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
If you are traveling close to this city, take a break and visit the abbey here. You can go in only with guided tours which are organized only twice...
General: The abbey in Melk
If you want to spend a chilled night with good, cheap beer, you have to visit the 'Schinderhannes'. It´s a good atmosphere and you receive an good...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar with nice beer garden
This is one of the typical windmills found in Northern Germany as well as all over Holland, Denmark and generally all of the Northern German states...
Sightseeing: Wrixum Wind Mill
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
If you'd like to go to ski but you don't have equipment for it, don't worry! On the way to the ski trails many little 'shops' are opened from where...
Outdoors Activities: Renting skis in Arieseni
This playground is the perfect place for kids and families with young children. Everything in the Rotary Storyland Playland is designed for fun and...
Family & Fun: Rotary Storyland Playland