How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
Travel tips > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok > How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Arrival in Bangkok
People say a city that never sleep, that’s so true, upon arrival you may get a transfer to one of the specific area in the city center such as Sukhumvit, Asoke and if you are more of a back-packer traveler than go straight ahead to Khao San road from where you will have a lot of option to meet your fellow travelers, however, for the starting point, royal grand palace will be a great choice to let you understand the core value of the Thai culture, this is a country unlike other neighboring destination that was never colonized by west, so, the culture and daily social mere would be somehow more unique.
The Grand Palace is an iconic landmark and attraction that almost all tourists visit it, you may dress modest as ladies with bare legs and short top tank are not welcomed inside the palace. The place is divided into three main zones: The Outer Court, home to royal offices, public buildings and the Temple of Emerald Buddha; the Middle Court, which is where the most important residential and state buildings are; and the Inner Court, which is exclusively reserved for the king, his queen and his consorts.
Wat Pho and Wat Arun are also other iconic and must see attractions in Bangkok, you may travel on your own and or a part of a tour no matter, you should visit Wat Pho to get yourself familiar more with the Buddhist culture, also the temple is just next to the southern gate of the Grand palace. You may opt for a Thailand luxury tour and experience even more in one day, the exotic street food tour and the museum exploration will be exciting.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Bangkok
- The flower market of BangkokThe flower market is very interesting, you should go in the morning and you'll see nothing but flowers everywhere. It's next to Little India and close to China town which are both worth a visit. Finally, enjoy some real Thai food on the [...]D: n/a00
- Oishi Grand Buffet at Siam DiscoveryWhen I am in Bangkok, I always stop at this place, simply because I love how they got such a huge selection of fish, meat, veggies etc. They use very high quality ingredients for everything they offer and the food is affordable. It's not [...]D: 0.9mi10
- Best diving sites for a luxury holiday to ThailandGo diving in Andaman Sea Luxury Holiday to Thailand is hugely popular for experienced scuba divers and with very good reason it has some of the very best dive sites in the world. Phuket, Khao Lak, Phi Phi Islands and and Koh Samui in the [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Q-BarThis is a fun but rather Westerner oriented classic. Q-Bar is for you if you like cocktails, if you like style and well if you like bangkok Nightlife with all its good and negative parts. If you go there, I would recommend staying across [...]D: 3.8mi00
- Le Venix hotel of BangkokWhen you search for a hotel, then you can go to the 'Le Venix'. It's beautiful: with swimming pool, hobby room, lobby an great rooms. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Bangkok you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
Book your tour with Twins Tours to the HolyLand!
General: Visiting the Holy Land
One of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen is Capri. It's romantic, and picturesque. There are wonderful trails and the sea is nothing but...
Sightseeing: Visiting Capri
Though not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its...
Shopping: Tsukiji Fish Market
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
Traditional Irish pub meets giant sports bar in this downtown Chicago venue. Not the place for you if you want a quiet pint in the corner, but a...
Night Life & Entertainment: Timothy O'Toole's Pub
I’ve been to many tours, visited many places, went even diving once but meeting and playing with the dolphins in the Seaquarium was the best...
Family & Fun: Dolphin Harbor in the Miami Seaquarium
Raleigh, North Carolina
The game heaven on earth for kids, the Marbles Kids Museum is not only a place where children can learn things but a place where they can do that...
Family & Fun: Marbles Kids Museum
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns