How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
Travel tips > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok > How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Arrival in Bangkok
People say a city that never sleep, that’s so true, upon arrival you may get a transfer to one of the specific area in the city center such as Sukhumvit, Asoke and if you are more of a back-packer traveler than go straight ahead to Khao San road from where you will have a lot of option to meet your fellow travelers, however, for the starting point, royal grand palace will be a great choice to let you understand the core value of the Thai culture, this is a country unlike other neighboring destination that was never colonized by west, so, the culture and daily social mere would be somehow more unique.
The Grand Palace is an iconic landmark and attraction that almost all tourists visit it, you may dress modest as ladies with bare legs and short top tank are not welcomed inside the palace. The place is divided into three main zones: The Outer Court, home to royal offices, public buildings and the Temple of Emerald Buddha; the Middle Court, which is where the most important residential and state buildings are; and the Inner Court, which is exclusively reserved for the king, his queen and his consorts.
Wat Pho and Wat Arun are also other iconic and must see attractions in Bangkok, you may travel on your own and or a part of a tour no matter, you should visit Wat Pho to get yourself familiar more with the Buddhist culture, also the temple is just next to the southern gate of the Grand palace. You may opt for a Thailand luxury tour and experience even more in one day, the exotic street food tour and the museum exploration will be exciting.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Bangkok
- The flower market of BangkokThe flower market is very interesting, you should go in the morning and you'll see nothing but flowers everywhere. It's next to Little India and close to China town which are both worth a visit. Finally, enjoy some real Thai food on the [...]D: n/a00
- MBK Shopping CenterI guess especially when in Bangkok, you wanna spend some time relaxing indoors as well. There are really good places to shop at in Bangkok and the MBK is one of the largest, craziest places there is. I am not sure how many shops they have [...]D: 1mi01
- Q-BarThis is a fun but rather Westerner oriented classic. Q-Bar is for you if you like cocktails, if you like style and well if you like bangkok Nightlife with all its good and negative parts. If you go there, I would recommend staying across [...]D: 3.8mi00
- Best time to visitVisiting Bangkok is like visiting any other large city in the world. There is always something going on. The best time to visit Bangkok is during the late fall and early winter months. Even though you really don't spend too much time [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Bed Supper ClubThis club must be one of your favorites if you know bangkok nightlife a little. It's super stylish and also quite expensive. The Club looks like a space ship from the outside ... and well ... I guess from the inside as well. There are some [...]D: 2.4mi00
Things about Bangkok you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you visit this city around Christmas time, there is a Christmas market organised in front of the Schonbrunn castle. It's very nice, and you can...
Family & Fun: Christmas market at the Schonbrunn
The best way to visit Bruges is ... on foot. Of course, I recommend also to take a boat through the superb canals, but rather than that only on...
General: The best way to visit Brugges
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
Ahmedabad is a the finest example of cultural heritage, a place of diversity, oldest to latest trends, colors, festivals!!! Amazing. Food is...
General: City of Culture and Heritage
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing