How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
Travel tips > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok > How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Arrival in Bangkok
People say a city that never sleep, that’s so true, upon arrival you may get a transfer to one of the specific area in the city center such as Sukhumvit, Asoke and if you are more of a back-packer traveler than go straight ahead to Khao San road from where you will have a lot of option to meet your fellow travelers, however, for the starting point, royal grand palace will be a great choice to let you understand the core value of the Thai culture, this is a country unlike other neighboring destination that was never colonized by west, so, the culture and daily social mere would be somehow more unique.
The Grand Palace is an iconic landmark and attraction that almost all tourists visit it, you may dress modest as ladies with bare legs and short top tank are not welcomed inside the palace. The place is divided into three main zones: The Outer Court, home to royal offices, public buildings and the Temple of Emerald Buddha; the Middle Court, which is where the most important residential and state buildings are; and the Inner Court, which is exclusively reserved for the king, his queen and his consorts.
Wat Pho and Wat Arun are also other iconic and must see attractions in Bangkok, you may travel on your own and or a part of a tour no matter, you should visit Wat Pho to get yourself familiar more with the Buddhist culture, also the temple is just next to the southern gate of the Grand palace. You may opt for a Thailand luxury tour and experience even more in one day, the exotic street food tour and the museum exploration will be exciting.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Bangkok
- Le Venix hotel of BangkokWhen you search for a hotel, then you can go to the 'Le Venix'. It's beautiful: with swimming pool, hobby room, lobby an great rooms. [...]D: n/a00
- Public TransportationWhile in Bangkok there are several choices of how to get around. Tuc Tuc, Taxi, Sky Train. I personally prefer the Sky Train as this is usually the best option (fast, clean). When the Sky Train is not available, use a Taxi, they are [...]D: 3.3mi00
- The flower market of BangkokThe flower market is very interesting, you should go in the morning and you'll see nothing but flowers everywhere. It's next to Little India and close to China town which are both worth a visit. Finally, enjoy some real Thai food on the [...]D: n/a00
- Oishi Grand Buffet at Siam DiscoveryWhen I am in Bangkok, I always stop at this place, simply because I love how they got such a huge selection of fish, meat, veggies etc. They use very high quality ingredients for everything they offer and the food is affordable. It's not [...]D: 0.9mi10
- Best diving sites for a luxury holiday to ThailandGo diving in Andaman Sea Luxury Holiday to Thailand is hugely popular for experienced scuba divers and with very good reason it has some of the very best dive sites in the world. Phuket, Khao Lak, Phi Phi Islands and and Koh Samui in the [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Bangkok you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The place is not really cheap, indeed, but you may mostly see businessmen there. I would recommend to try some of the cocktails -if you are not...
Night Life & Entertainment: Cafe-Bar M1
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
The Klein Helgoland on the small island of Foehr is named after maybe one of Germany's smallest islands (Helgoland). The place is really cozy...
Food: Cakes at Cafe Klein Helgoland
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
A nice shopping destination is Debrecen Plaza, a mall located near to the center of the town. Although not big, it has a lot of shopping stores,...
Shopping: Debrecen Plaza
It is a world of its own! The west of India has its unique culture, history, people and places of interest that should be explored! There are so...
Family & Fun: Tourist Places in Gujarat
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Charlotte, North Carolina
Exquisite Chinese dishes, unique food arrangements and mouthwatering tastes are all gathered in the Baoding South Park restaurant in the Sharon...
Food: Baoding South Park
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own