How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
Travel tips > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok > How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Arrival in Bangkok
People say a city that never sleep, that’s so true, upon arrival you may get a transfer to one of the specific area in the city center such as Sukhumvit, Asoke and if you are more of a back-packer traveler than go straight ahead to Khao San road from where you will have a lot of option to meet your fellow travelers, however, for the starting point, royal grand palace will be a great choice to let you understand the core value of the Thai culture, this is a country unlike other neighboring destination that was never colonized by west, so, the culture and daily social mere would be somehow more unique.
The Grand Palace is an iconic landmark and attraction that almost all tourists visit it, you may dress modest as ladies with bare legs and short top tank are not welcomed inside the palace. The place is divided into three main zones: The Outer Court, home to royal offices, public buildings and the Temple of Emerald Buddha; the Middle Court, which is where the most important residential and state buildings are; and the Inner Court, which is exclusively reserved for the king, his queen and his consorts.
Wat Pho and Wat Arun are also other iconic and must see attractions in Bangkok, you may travel on your own and or a part of a tour no matter, you should visit Wat Pho to get yourself familiar more with the Buddhist culture, also the temple is just next to the southern gate of the Grand palace. You may opt for a Thailand luxury tour and experience even more in one day, the exotic street food tour and the museum exploration will be exciting.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Bangkok
- Le Venix hotel of BangkokWhen you search for a hotel, then you can go to the 'Le Venix'. It's beautiful: with swimming pool, hobby room, lobby an great rooms. [...]D: n/a00
- MBK Shopping CenterI guess especially when in Bangkok, you wanna spend some time relaxing indoors as well. There are really good places to shop at in Bangkok and the MBK is one of the largest, craziest places there is. I am not sure how many shops they have [...]D: 1mi01
- Public TransportationWhile in Bangkok there are several choices of how to get around. Tuc Tuc, Taxi, Sky Train. I personally prefer the Sky Train as this is usually the best option (fast, clean). When the Sky Train is not available, use a Taxi, they are [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Best diving sites for a luxury holiday to ThailandGo diving in Andaman Sea Luxury Holiday to Thailand is hugely popular for experienced scuba divers and with very good reason it has some of the very best dive sites in the world. Phuket, Khao Lak, Phi Phi Islands and and Koh Samui in the [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Define a Thailand Luxury TourLuxury Thailand tours are your passport to deluxe high-end spa resorts and accommodation stay with comfortable and opulent travel arrangements along with privately guided tours through Thailand’s amazing attractions with lux and exclusive [...]D: n/a00
Things about Bangkok you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Toronto's main beach in 'The Beaches' is pretty good, and what you would expect of a public beach. However I believe that Bluffer's Beach is far...
Outdoors Activities: The nicest beach in Toronto
Beijing Shi, China
[url=http://www.beijinglandscapes.com/huangshan-tour.html]Huangshan Tour [/url] [url=http://www.badaling-great-wall.com]Badaling Great Wall[/url]
General: Huangshan Tour
Lindau Bodensee, Germany
While in Lindau, make sure you visit the beautiful promenade and the city hall built during the 16th century. The entire city looks like a dioll...
General: Beautiful promenade and city hall
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
Open for breakfast and dinner and located at the Disney Hotel, the Steakhouse 55 offers a wide variety of dishes including chicken, steak, seafood...
Food: Steakhouse 55
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns