How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
Travel tips > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok > How to spend 24 hours in Bangkok, Thailand
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
Arrival in Bangkok
People say a city that never sleep, that’s so true, upon arrival you may get a transfer to one of the specific area in the city center such as Sukhumvit, Asoke and if you are more of a back-packer traveler than go straight ahead to Khao San road from where you will have a lot of option to meet your fellow travelers, however, for the starting point, royal grand palace will be a great choice to let you understand the core value of the Thai culture, this is a country unlike other neighboring destination that was never colonized by west, so, the culture and daily social mere would be somehow more unique.
The Grand Palace is an iconic landmark and attraction that almost all tourists visit it, you may dress modest as ladies with bare legs and short top tank are not welcomed inside the palace. The place is divided into three main zones: The Outer Court, home to royal offices, public buildings and the Temple of Emerald Buddha; the Middle Court, which is where the most important residential and state buildings are; and the Inner Court, which is exclusively reserved for the king, his queen and his consorts.
Wat Pho and Wat Arun are also other iconic and must see attractions in Bangkok, you may travel on your own and or a part of a tour no matter, you should visit Wat Pho to get yourself familiar more with the Buddhist culture, also the temple is just next to the southern gate of the Grand palace. You may opt for a Thailand luxury tour and experience even more in one day, the exotic street food tour and the museum exploration will be exciting.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Bangkok
- MBK Shopping CenterI guess especially when in Bangkok, you wanna spend some time relaxing indoors as well. There are really good places to shop at in Bangkok and the MBK is one of the largest, craziest places there is. I am not sure how many shops they have [...]D: 1mi01
- Public TransportationWhile in Bangkok there are several choices of how to get around. Tuc Tuc, Taxi, Sky Train. I personally prefer the Sky Train as this is usually the best option (fast, clean). When the Sky Train is not available, use a Taxi, they are [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Top destination for a luxury soa holiday in Thailand# 5 Koh Samui Thi is where one should be, the place is one of Thailand’s largest islands in the Gulf of Thailand, is known for its palm-fringed beaches circling coconut groves and dense as well as mountainous rainforest. It’s also home [...]D: n/a00
- Bed Supper ClubThis club must be one of your favorites if you know bangkok nightlife a little. It's super stylish and also quite expensive. The Club looks like a space ship from the outside ... and well ... I guess from the inside as well. There are some [...]D: 2.4mi00
- Best diving sites for a luxury holiday to ThailandGo diving in Andaman Sea Luxury Holiday to Thailand is hugely popular for experienced scuba divers and with very good reason it has some of the very best dive sites in the world. Phuket, Khao Lak, Phi Phi Islands and and Koh Samui in the [...]D: 1.1mi00
Things about Bangkok you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist...
Shopping: Shopping in city
Lion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome.
Sightseeing: Basilique Saint-Martin-d'Ainay
If you are at Nimes, the ancient Nemausus, you should make a walk along the roman waterpipe. There is also the famous Pont du Gard, nearly...
History & Culture: Pont du Gard, roman waterpip
Sleep inside the caves if you get a chance, it's awesome to go asleep with the water right below you :) Don't get caught though
General: Sleep inside the caves
If your with car, you have to pay for parking, as usually, but you can park in some nearby streets without parking fees.
General: Parking fee
It is a high quality restaurant with Japanese food and Armani environment. Armani/Nobu is a very special place, one can always see there a couple...
There's times you'll want to spend a lot of money in order to improve your experience of a country and try things you've always dreamed of. After...
Food: 48 Hours Tokyo Guide - Local Knowledge & Cool Perks
Diamond Head is one of the most beautiful and famous craters in the world. When British sailors first saw it from a distance they thought about the...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head
Saint Louis, Missouri
Anyone who loves beer should go to one of the Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour. There is a complimentary tour, which is shorter and free, plus free beer...
Family & Fun: Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour
Day 1: Arrival Hanoi (D) Warmly welcome on arrival in Hanoi airport. Transfer to hotel for check-in. Welcome dinner at Wild Rice Restaurant....
Sightseeing: Holiday to Vietnam 12 Days with Luxury Travel Vietnam