Tropenmuseum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Tropenmuseum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic land where stories and legends come true. Though historical museum might conjure this kind of feeling of 'history-resurrected', the Tropenmuseum is much more magical and much more interesting.
You definitely should visit the museum, it would be a treat for the children too!
Linnaeusstraat 2, 1092 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€ 9,00 for adults and € 5,00 for children.
Every day from 10:00-17:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Taxi service in AmsterdamMany visitors arriving at Schiphol Airport might get a bad first impression of the country, because of unfriendly taxi drivers that might also overcharge. I use taxis a lot when I travel to and from the airport and I can give you this tip: [...]D: n/a00
- Anne Frank HouseThe visit we made to the Anne Frank House left us quite emotional. Even if I read her diary at least twice and could picture the way they lived, to actually stand there, in their rough, little house was something different entirely. We [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Science Center NemoFun for children and adults alike, the Science Center Nemo in Amsterdam is a must! Full of interactive exhibitions that are both educational AND fun, our visit to the museum was a blast. We were afraid it would be aimed mostly to a younger [...]D: 0.8mi00
- St. Nicolaas Boat Club of AmsterdamEstablished around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats and their history. Because they are not professionals, you can't contact them online, [...]D: 1.1mi00
- AmsterbikeI think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
In Paralia you can rent two kind of vehicle: a scooter (there are small ones for one person and bigger ones for two persons too) or an ATV. Those...
Outdoors Activities: Renting scooter or ATV
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Diamond Head is one of the most famous vulcanic craters in the world. It was named by British sailors in the 17th century because of the shining of...
Outdoors Activities: Diamond Head
Hoi An, Vietnam
If you are planning your Travel to Vietnam and especially in Hoi An, Da Nang and Hue in central region of country, try to make it consider with the...
General: Full Moon festival in Hoi An
Durban, South Africa
Plan ahead, go on line or to the local library and find out about the places you are visiting, to know everything about it.
General: Visit the local library