Tropenmuseum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Tropenmuseum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic land where stories and legends come true. Though historical museum might conjure this kind of feeling of 'history-resurrected', the Tropenmuseum is much more magical and much more interesting.
You definitely should visit the museum, it would be a treat for the children too!
Linnaeusstraat 2, 1092 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€ 9,00 for adults and € 5,00 for children.
Every day from 10:00-17:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- St. Nicolaas Boat Club of AmsterdamEstablished around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats and their history. Because they are not professionals, you can't contact them online, [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Anne Frank HouseThe visit we made to the Anne Frank House left us quite emotional. Even if I read her diary at least twice and could picture the way they lived, to actually stand there, in their rough, little house was something different entirely. We [...]D: 0.5mi00
- Science Center NemoFun for children and adults alike, the Science Center Nemo in Amsterdam is a must! Full of interactive exhibitions that are both educational AND fun, our visit to the museum was a blast. We were afraid it would be aimed mostly to a younger [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Countryside Bike ToursWe chose the countryside bike tour because we were staying downtown Amsterdam and we could explore the city and its attractions in our own time, but we couldn't have gotten to the countryside. So we met our guide at the departure point, [...]D: 1mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Arco de Teles is a small neighbourhood which showcases what Rio used to look like a long long time ago. An archway is the entrance to a series of...
Sightseeing: Arco do Teles
Silk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can...
History & Culture: Silk workshop
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
The Rotunda is also known by the name of Agios Giorgos. It was first a Roman mausoleum, then a Christian church and later a mosque, quite a history...
History & Culture: The Rotunda
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
If you are at Cuzco, you should definietly visit Machu Picchu, the ancient Inka fort on top of the mountain. A huge part of the houses are...
History & Culture: The ancient Inka castle on the mountain near Aguas Calientes
For a delicious breakfast or a salad, in Aurora you definitely have to go to Sam's No 3 bistro. They have such a wide variety of brunch...
Food: Sam's No 3
New York, New York
Food- As soon as my wanderlust begins, my lust for food was on my mind pretty much more than anything else throughout my waking. Being headed to...
General: 10 Things You Need To Know About Great Food Tour of New York
Though not just for booklovers, this festival is organized on a weekend in late spring. The most amazing thing about the Library Festival is that...
Night Life & Entertainment: Free Library Festival in Philadelphia
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.