Tropenmuseum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Travel tips > Europe > Netherlands > Amsterdam > Tropenmuseum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The museum has such a variety of exhibitions that you feel like you were in some kind of magic land where stories and legends come true. Though historical museum might conjure this kind of feeling of 'history-resurrected', the Tropenmuseum is much more magical and much more interesting.
You definitely should visit the museum, it would be a treat for the children too!
Linnaeusstraat 2, 1092 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
€ 9,00 for adults and € 5,00 for children.
Every day from 10:00-17:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Amsterdam
- Brouwerij 't IJ BreweryI took the guided tour of the Brouwerij 't IJ on a hot Friday afternoon and sampling a beef after that chilled me. The guide showed how beer is brewed and it was really interesting to see the whole process. There was a long bar where [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The narrowest house in the worldIf you are in Amsterdam take a look at the narrowest house in the world, it is one meter wide (3,5 feet), only a little bit wider than a front door (to be honest this is the back part of the house, the front is a little wider). It looks [...]D: 0.3mi01
- St. Nicolaas Boat Club of AmsterdamEstablished around 1997 by two Dutchmen, the St. Nicolaas Boat Club is a small, non-profit organization that gives its heart and soul to its boats and their history. Because they are not professionals, you can't contact them online, [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80 kilometers long. You can enjoy the Grachten and the old housess along it on a relaxing ride [...]D: 0.3mi00
- AmsterbikeI think exploring Amsterdam by bike (or scooter) that you can rent from Amsterbike is a much more fun easy. Though going on foot has its charm, with a bike or a scooter you can cover much more ground in a smaller amount of time. And while [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Amsterdam you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
If you are at the city and if you like fish or other sea food, you definitels should go to the fish markets of Hamburg Altona. You have to get up a...
Food: The famous fish markets
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
London, United Kingdom
It is fantastic that the museums in London are free. British Museum, National Gallery, Natural History, Victoria and Albert are only a few of those...
History & Culture: Free Museums
Junagadh is known for the famous for its lions in Gir National Park. Almost 350 lions along with other wild cats is the main attraction and it is...
Outdoors Activities: Gir National Park
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
If you'd like to stay more than just one day, I advise you the 'Cabana Art' hotel which is about 400 meters from the ski trails (half of the road...
Family & Fun: 'Cabana Art' pension in Arieseni
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater