Aberdeen Sights and Landmarks Guide, United Kingdom
There are a lot of wonderful sights to see in Aberdeen. There are attractions that will open your eyes to the historical and cultural beauty of the city. Some are beautiful landscapes where you can just admire the bliss and the calmness brought about by Mother Nature.Museums and Other Architectural Buildings
Aberdeen is a home to various historical museums and art galleries. The city also has architectural sites that will really catch the eye of every tourist visiting the place. Here are some of the works of art which form part of its remarkable sights:
· Aberdeen Art Gallery. This neoclassical place is home to modern and pre-Raphaelite works of art. It also exhibits the most valuable art pieces of Great Britain which includes masterpieces by Monnet, Pissarro, Sisley and Bonnard. In addition to that, it displays Scottish domestic silver.
· Castle Fraser. This castle was created during the 1600’s. Tourists are allowed to explore the towering hall and the 18th century garden. Take note that this place is closed from November until March.
· Blair’s Museum. This place was, in earlier times, a seminary. It was transformed into a museum and is now a home to a vast collection of Religious artifacts.
· Benholm’s Tower. This historical landmark was built in the 17th century. This is one of the most visited architectural sights in Aberdeen.
· Aberdeen Maritime Museum. This museum shows how maritime industries progressed in the city. It puts on view the evolution of the city from a fishing industry to an oil industry.Parks and Other Outdoor Attractions
The city has a lot of beautiful sceneries spots that are refreshing to gaze at. It has parks and other outdoor attractions that will definitely fit in to your travel destinations while you are in Aberdeen:
· Brig o’ Balgownie. This historical bridge was built during the 14th century. The spot offers a panoramic view of the river and a nature reserve.
· Lonehead of Daviot Stone Circle. This 4000-year old landscape served as a ritual site for druidic farmers wherein they indicated the cycle of the moon. Fertility Rituals were also done here. The place is so picturesque as well as it is haunting.
· Crathes Castle and Gardens. This historical attraction has a castle with painted ceilings that dates back to the 16th century. What makes this place even more extravagant is its complex of eight scenic gardens. Tourists can do different activities such as nature studying, hiking, shop for souvenirs, enjoy a picnic, play golf or dine at the restaurant.
· Bullers of Buchan. This site offers a pleasurable view of wildlife. People will surely enjoy watching different species of birds, admiring wild flowers and appreciate the beautiful scene from the cliff.
As a tourist, you always want to get the best from the sights of the places you visit. You do not want to take a trip without having an itinerary to look at. In order to help you out in your travel to Aberdeen, it pays to know the destinations you could go to.
Things about Aberdeen you may be interested in1 1 1 157
1ac The server cannot find the requested page:
17 brokerage.linkadage.com a8 /engine.php?LinkUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelgrove.com%2Ftravel-guides%2FUnited-Kingdom%2FAberdeen-Sights-c676789.html&Key=48SK-M2A6-H4EM&OpenInNewWindow=1 (port 2 80 73 )
Read our members' reviews about Aberdeen
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Aberdeen
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.