Sapporo, my favorite city, Japan
Travel tips > Asia > Japan > Sapporo > Sapporo, my favorite city
- General travel tip
- City center
The city has many attractions, including the Sapporo Beer Museum, the Botanic Garden, the Odori Park, the Nijo Market. It is a city worth visiting every season of the year. My favorite time of the year is winter and that is also the time of the Snow Festival (Sapporo Yuki Matsuri) held every Friday in February. During this period you can see huge, beautiful snow and ice sculptures, go snow rafting or snow golfing or just enjoy the busy, and wintry atmosphere of the town by a food stand. :)
1-2-1 Hanehigashi-machi, Okazaki City, Aichi Prefecture, JAPAN 444-0832
Recent travel tips for Japan
- Electronic articlesAkihabara is the well known part of Tokyo, where you can get electronic articles for a cheap price.It´s cheap, because all the things are used, but you can always make a good deal. You can also change what you bought, if you kept the [...]D: 22.3mi10
- Ueno ParkUneon Park is resgistered as the oldest park in Tokyo and is a favorite place for families. They have not just peaceful walkways but temples, art galleries and a zoo. Many museum have their residence here also, like the Orient Museum, Tokyo [...]D: n/a00
- Tsukiji Fish MarketThough not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its history and culture. Tsukiji Fish Market is noted the worlds largest in its trade and has a [...]D: n/a00
- Imperial Palace in TokyoHome to the imperial family, the palace is not accessible to the public, only the East Gardens, and not every day either.The Imperial Palace was built on the same spot where many years ago the Edo castle stood. It had suffered bombardment [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Tokyo Great Cycling TourBeing the first time in Tokyo and hearing quite positive things about the Tokyo Great Cycling Tour, we decided to book a trip on our first day. That way we got to see parts of Tokyo that we couldn't have seen and doing this on the first [...]D: 1.9mi00
Things about Sapporo you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
The greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new...
Night Life & Entertainment: Altitude 737 in Montreal
In Langenargen there is a beautiful castle.
General: Visit the beautiful castle
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
It is something I have never seen before. This is a unique thing and it's just amazing. It's the dreams of my childhood coming true! The problem is...
History & Culture: Norvegian Museum of Magic
New York, New York
Chicago is one of the best musicals of all times. It is the 12th year of its hit and it's still a great success. I personally loved it and the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Chicago the Musical
If you are in Riverside or thinking of visiting the city, than you shouldn't miss a show in the Riverside Fox Theater, also known as the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Riverside Fox Theater
San Diego, California
New Children's Museum is a great project. It was opened in 2008 and has got a lot of programs for kids. The whole place was constructed of recycled...
Family & Fun: New Children's Museum