Montreal Jazz Festival, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > Montreal Jazz Festival
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of people arrive from everywhere to attend a great festival which hosts artists from all over the world. There are open and closed stages where concerts are held, ranging from jazz clubs to huge halls. On the streets and some terraces outdoor shows are held, attracting passerbies and visitors to attend.
The greatest thing about the whole festival is that the outdoor concerts and shows are all free so it is no wonder that the city is jammed with people from around the world.
Montreal, QC H2X 1Y9, Canada
Visit Montreal in late June-early July to experience the jazz festival.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Cathedral of Mary Queen of the WorldWhen Bishop Ignace Bourget planned and oversaw the construction of the Cathedral of Mary, Queen of the World, he had in mind the Saint Peter Basilique of Rome.Of course, the Montreal version is smaller in scale, but it's very beautiful [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Hotel Omni Mont-RoyalIt is a great to not just because of its placement (downtown Montreal), but their service is upscale and their rooms are clean and comfortable. If you can, book a room on one of the higher floors, because the view of Montreal from there [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Bistro du QuartierTo eat in an affordable and cozy place is what every visitor could ask for. The Bistro du Quartier was such a place. The food was great and not expensive at all, the staff was really friendly, they had smiles on their faces, which made [...]D: 1.7mi30
- Altitude 737 in MontrealThe greatest experience of my life was going dancing on top of Montreal's highest buildings. The club Altitude 737 is a great place to meet new people and enjoy a night full of fun and excitement. The name of the club comes from the [...]D: 1mi00
- Casa del Popolo in MontrealWe had so much fun in Casa del Popolo, that every time we go to Montreal we step by the pub and have a drink and a sandwich. They have an excellent beer list, which might make up for their menu, because they serve only vegetarian food. [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Perfect timing. Budget car rentals are often available just after peak holiday season. If you can plan your road trip away from holidays, car...
General: How to choose the perfect car rental
If you go to Augsburg, you should visit the roman museum, the arts museum and take a look at the so called 'Fuggersiedlung'. It was the first...
General: Visit the Museums and the Fuggersiedlung
When you visit Szentendre I recommend you to get there by ship. You can take a ship from Budapest to Szentendre and back only for a few euros -...
General: Visiting Szentendre on the Danube river
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai
Alberta is a nice Canadian province to require a road trip. the general public head W from city to metropolis so work their thanks to opaque gem...
General: The Ultimate Alberta Road Trip
Atlantic City, New Jersey
I always visit a spa if I had a really tiring week, and being in Atlantic City for a couple of weeks, I just had to spend some relaxing time away...
Sports & Wellness : Elizabeth Arden Spa
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
Boca Raton, Florida
Town Center: Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdale's, Macy's.
Shopping: BEST SHOPPING
New Orleans, Louisiana
The oldest building in the New Orleans is Old Ursulines Convent. It is also one of the most fascinating examples of French colonial architecture...
History & Culture: Old Ursulines Convent