Montreal Jazz Festival, Quebec
Travel tips > North America > Canada > Montreal > Montreal Jazz Festival
- Night Life & Entertainment travel tip
- City center
During the week (about 10 days) many streets are closed, traffic gets sometimes jammed because of it, and a huge number of people arrive from everywhere to attend a great festival which hosts artists from all over the world. There are open and closed stages where concerts are held, ranging from jazz clubs to huge halls. On the streets and some terraces outdoor shows are held, attracting passerbies and visitors to attend.
The greatest thing about the whole festival is that the outdoor concerts and shows are all free so it is no wonder that the city is jammed with people from around the world.
Montreal, QC H2X 1Y9, Canada
Visit Montreal in late June-early July to experience the jazz festival.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Montreal
- Vieux MontréalOld Montreal is the historic district of the famous city and can be viewed individually or with the help of a guide. We could choose from a 30, 60 or a 90 minute guided tour of the city but we wanted to explore the city on our own. So we [...]D: n/a00
- Hotel Visitel in MontrealOur stay in the Visitel hotel was a pleasant surprise. Though when we checked in we had to pay in advance, which I haven't experienced in other hotels we stayed in so far, but the receptionist was really nice. The staff was quite friendly [...]D: 2mi00
- Rue St.Denis in MontrealLocated at the center of Mont-Royal Plateau, this street is packed with shops for everyone's tastes, whether you're looking for souvenirs, antiques or some expensive gifts. I went inside some antique shops, just to have look on the [...]D: 3.3mi00
- The Old Town of MontrealOld Montreal is famous for its history which tells of trade, politics, entertainment and immigration. Many people, mostly from France and England came to this city in hope of a better future. They established trading companies, banks, the [...]D: 1.5mi00
- St. Joseph's OratorySt. Joseph's Oratory has been founded by Brother Andre, a man considered to be a humble, modern-day miracle maker at the beginning of the 20th century. The church can be found on a hill near Montreal and is truly an amazing sight. Many [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about Montreal you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Head to DC10 on Sunday, it's really good fun. Although be prepared for the long haul. It lasts from Sunday morning until 8am on Monday!
Night Life & Entertainment: Ibiza Holidays
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
# 1 Relaxed at untouched and idyllic beaches Not everyone are interested in crowded beach party places, there still some travelers who prefer a...
General: Top Luxury Experiences when Traveling in Cambodia
This is the main sight to visit in Casablanca, it is the biggest mosque in Morocco and the 5th largest in the world. You can see the mosque from...
Sightseeing: Hassan II Mosque
The best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the...
Outdoors Activities: Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experience
Dagupan City, Philippines
Tada Optical has a huge selection of signature frames and sunglasses! Competitive optical shop in a province!!!
Sports & Wellness : Optical service
It is good idea to have a rubber boat with you
General: Lake Dragan good to know
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana