National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Ramly BurgerRamly Burgers are very well known in Kula Lumpur. These burgers are known to be the local’s best finger food. This burger seems just like the traditional burgers that we can get in fast food restaurants. However the difference is [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Enak KL RestaurantWe had the most delicious meal in the prominent Enak KL Restaurant in one of Kuala Lumpur's larger malls. They feature original Malay cuisine and all their dishes not just look good but they taste really good too. The whole place is [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Esquire KitchenEsquire Kitchen is a great place to try various Chinese food items and dishes. This place serves various kinds of food items and thus giving you a wide range of food to select from. However some of their must try and great dishes includes [...]D: 3.7mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Los Cabos, Mexico
The dolphins never tire to amaze me with their curious and friendly approach towards us, people. They are such caring, and wonderful creatures, I...
Family & Fun: Cabo Dolphin Center
Visit the pope´s palace in the city center. But bring your own guide with you, because sometimes it´s difficult to question yourself through to...
General: The pope's palace
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
You really should try the fish meals at Galway, always fresh from the sea.
General: The well known fishermen city
The Sumida River is the main, and the largest river that flows through the capital city. It is crossed by 26 bridges throughout and flows through 7...
Sightseeing: Sumida River
Alba Iulia, Romania
The Carolina Fortress of Alba Iulia is considered one of the seven wonders of Romania. It is a compelling group of buildings in very good state and...
History & Culture: Carolina Fortress
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
Satu Mare, Romania
If you want to sleep a night or two in Satu Mare you can go to the two most known hotels, Dacia Hotel and Aurora Hotel wich are located in the...
General: Venues accommodation in Satu Mare, Hotel Alma spa
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza