National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Islamic Art MuseumThe rich culture and art of the Muslims is presented in the Islamic Art Museum, which we visited several weeks ago. The building in itself is a work of art, with its white and blue domes. The whole place is so beautiful and built in such a [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Sultan Abdul Samad BuildingHome of Malaysia's High and Supreme Court, the Sultan Abdul Samad building is an architectural jewel combining in style the Western Gothic with Indian-Muslim. You may not be allowed to enter on certain days, but just seeing the whole [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Light Rail Transist (Transportation)Light Rail Transit is a great way to get around the city and also out of the city centre. The Light Rail Transit links Sentul Timur to Ampang(Ampang Line) and Sentul Timur to Sri Petaling (Sri Petaling Line). This rail transit passes [...]D: 2.1mi00
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The best way to visit Bruges is ... on foot. Of course, I recommend also to take a boat through the superb canals, but rather than that only on...
General: The best way to visit Brugges
It's a suburb to Copenhagen. Approx. 30 km from the capital.
General: Greve kommune
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
Also at Sorrent you can catch some nice views to the sea. But don't look at the harbour area.
General: Taking some photos
Kabini is one of the best wildlife zones in this part of the world in Karnataka in India. Wildlife enthusiasts and tourists come here and enjoy the...
Outdoors Activities: Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
If you visit Deva don't miss the ruins of the Deva Citadel which is located on the top of a pretty high hill, called Citadel Hill. You can reach...
Sightseeing: Visit the Citadel in Deva!
El Paso, Texas
A bit far from downtown El Paso, the Edge of Texas Steakhouse is still a place worth going to if you would like really great food. Their steaks is...
Food: Edge of Texas Steakhouse
Zuma Beach is just great. Though, you have to get there early if you want to get a parking place, traffic is killing sometimes. Zuma by the way...
Beaches : Zuma Beach
San Diego, California
The Monument is located on the tip of the Point Loma peninsula. It was named after the Portuguese explorer who, from there discovered California. ...
Outdoors Activities: Cabrillo National Monument Point Loma
Hoedspruit, South Africa
Limpopo, African country must be one amongst the foremost stunning, however under-rated provinces within the country. Hoedspruit, a novel African...
History & Culture: The Hoedspruit Wildlife and Nature Lover's Guide