National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Moussandra Mediterranean food.Moussandra Mediterranean and Tapas Restaurant is a great place that sells authentic Greek, Spanish and Italian restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. This is a great place to dine in should you want to try great Greek, Spanish and Italian food here in [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Titiwangsa LakeTitiwangsa Lake is a great place to go to if you want to have a great bird’s eye view over Lake Titiwangsa, Petronas Towers and KL Tower. This is a great place as there is portable wheel that goes up to about 60metres in height giving [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Yut Kee RestaurantThe pork rolls were the most delicious in the Yut Kee Restaurant the one afternoon we explored the backstreets of Kuala Lumpur and came upon this small 'coffeehouse' that is managed by the third generation now. They offer fantastic [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Petaling StreetThe whole street look like the a shopping paradise, though you have to be aware, that many of the products are fake or brought into the country illegally. In any case, Petaling Street has everything to offer from watches through [...]D: 2mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Do you want to eat cheap in Bielefeld? Then visit the university's restaurant. A menu costs from 3-4,50 Euro. You should use the student's mansa,...
Food: Eating Cheap in Bielefeld
If you are at Cologne and you are interested in history, but you also want to go on a walk, you should visit the remnants of the roman auqeduct of...
History & Culture: The roman auqeduct
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
The Asakusa neighborhood in the Taito district is maybe the oldest part of Tokyo. Due tue ist 'age' many temples can be found here, that...
Sightseeing: Sensoji Temple
If you arrive in Zalau you should visit Sfanta Vineri Cathedral wich is the 3rd largest cathedral in the Estern Europe.
General: Sfanta Vineri Cathedral
Compass point shopping centre is created in such a way where is not just for people to shop, but also a place to learn about interesting things and...
Shopping: Compass Point Shopping Centre
Hello! I'd really like to tell you about my recent trip to the Chernobyl zone. This place is sadly known for one of the most tragic events in the...
History & Culture: Chernobyl Trips
I've never seen so many interesting bushes and plants and all of them for free. The Topiary Garden in Columbus is a work of art in itself. ...
Sightseeing: Topiary Garden
Ike's Food and Cocktails is a nice, all-American restaurant with a twist. The place looks like something straight out of a 40's movie, with long,...
Food: Ike's Food and Cocktails
Though not exactly in the heart of the town, the drive up to Pudgy's Pizzeria is well worth it. They serve the most delicious thick pizza in...
Food: Pudgy's Pizzeria