National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Enak KL RestaurantWe had the most delicious meal in the prominent Enak KL Restaurant in one of Kuala Lumpur's larger malls. They feature original Malay cuisine and all their dishes not just look good but they taste really good too. The whole place is [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Light Rail Transist (Transportation)Light Rail Transit is a great way to get around the city and also out of the city centre. The Light Rail Transit links Sentul Timur to Ampang(Ampang Line) and Sentul Timur to Sri Petaling (Sri Petaling Line). This rail transit passes [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
- ChinatownChinatown was established during the British colonial rule in the Petaling area. This was a place that was built at that time for the Chinese community. Even now this is a great place to know more and understand about the Chinese [...]D: 1.7mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
Boulogne-sur-mer is connected with major european cities by train. From Lille it takes approximately 2 hours by train (Ter - Transport express...
General: From Lille to Boulogne-sur-mer
There are more than 200 vehicles exposed in this wonderful museum. It is ran by a pocketful of car collectors and displays vehicles from 1908 to...
History & Culture: Automobile Museum
Manchester, United Kingdom
Take a romantic walk among the bridges and boats of Castlefield. The canals are amazing, especially in the evening, after a good dinner in a nearby...
Sightseeing: Take a romantic walk
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Raleigh, North Carolina
For a taste of some real 19th century history, you should definitely go to the Historic Oakwood district which is the only remaining, intact area...
History & Culture: Historic Oakwood
San Jose, California
It is the best place in San Jose for kids. The Happy Hollow Park and Zoo provides children fun and entertaining activities from playing through a...
Family & Fun: Happy Hollow Park and Zoo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
While travelling around Ho Chi Minh city you are bound to meet many drink stall owners who will be carrying coconuts and other drinks on a pole...
General: Drink stalls on the road side
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing