National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Light Rail Transist (Transportation)Light Rail Transit is a great way to get around the city and also out of the city centre. The Light Rail Transit links Sentul Timur to Ampang(Ampang Line) and Sentul Timur to Sri Petaling (Sri Petaling Line). This rail transit passes [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Good Band at hard rock cafeHard rock cafe is a very popular establishment all over the world. Likewise in Kuala Lumpur hard rock is always filled with both locals and tourist. This place just like other hardrock cafes serves great drinks and also a nice comfortable [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Batu cave (Hindu temple)The Hindu temple in Batu cave is very popular among both the locals especially Hindus and also the tourist. This is a great place to understand the culture, traditions and the religious aspects of the Hindus in Malaysia. People from all [...]D: 5.8mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
We are one of the top traveling agencies in Cameroon managed by a group of Directors and personelle who are well experienced and versed with...
On my 1st trip to Quito, I got incredibly sick. First I thought it was food poisoning but it was suggested I had altitude sickness. We flew from...
General: Beware of Altitude sickness
Plaza del Cibeles (Cybeles Square) is the most beautiful part of Madrid. It is surrounded by huge and impressive buildings. In the center of the...
Sightseeing: Plaza del Cibeles
Traditional Finnish foods are one of the things you must try when visiting Helsinki, especially since reindeer dishes are hard to find in other...
Food: Kappeli Restaurant
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
The city is too hot. most of the places have good air conditioning but walking 10 minutes outside in summer is a torture.
General: Too hot
If you are Arieseni, I recommend, whether it be summer or winter, a walk to the hole Ruginoasa is very spectacular, constantly expanding, ground...
Outdoors Activities: Trekking in Arieseni
Hua Hin, Thailand
When staying at Hua Hin, you would be at times overwhelmed by its sheer beauty and all that it has to offer as a holiday getaway. It would serve...
General: When staying at Hua Hin
Featuring Indian cuisine the Tanduri Fusion Indian Restaurant serves excellent traditional and Americanized food. We went there one day for dinner...
Food: Tanduri Fusion Indian Restaurant