National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Restoran Baru LeeThis restaurant is particularly well known for its fish paste. There are many kinds of dishes that are served in its fish paste. Some of these foods include steamed fish balls, fish cakes, fish noodle served in the fish paste. This is a [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Yut Kee RestaurantThe pork rolls were the most delicious in the Yut Kee Restaurant the one afternoon we explored the backstreets of Kuala Lumpur and came upon this small 'coffeehouse' that is managed by the third generation now. They offer fantastic [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
There are many beautiful and well preserved Victorian houses in Charlottetown, but most of them are private property and people live in them so you...
History & Culture: Beaconsfield Historic House
Good nightlife there, because of the university. Visit one of the local student pubs.
Night Life & Entertainment: Nightlife in Wurzburg
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
Verne was born in Nantes and the Museum was opened for the occasion of the 150th anniversary of his birth. It's a great place for everyone who...
History & Culture: Jules Verne Museum
Visit the local fortress, reinforced under the venetians and still preserved in a good way.
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
There is a new hotel in Tiruchirappali called " Grand Gardenia " Ph: 91 9585644000 email; email@example.com I've had good...
General: New hotel in Tiruchirappalli
Top Islands to spend a quality Myanmar luxury holiday Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center...
Sightseeing: Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holiday
After 16 years of successfully leading tours in the Himalayas, Holy Himalaya has begun a new venture in tourism. We now have our own hotel! It...
Food: Hotel in Nepal ,hotel holyhimalaya,Hotel Nepal
Port-of-spain, Trinidad And Tobago
Woodford Square is one of the nicest place to visit it.
General: Woodford Square