National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Petaling StreetThe whole street look like the a shopping paradise, though you have to be aware, that many of the products are fake or brought into the country illegally. In any case, Petaling Street has everything to offer from watches through [...]D: 2mi00
- Esquire KitchenEsquire Kitchen is a great place to try various Chinese food items and dishes. This place serves various kinds of food items and thus giving you a wide range of food to select from. However some of their must try and great dishes includes [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Good Band at hard rock cafeHard rock cafe is a very popular establishment all over the world. Likewise in Kuala Lumpur hard rock is always filled with both locals and tourist. This place just like other hardrock cafes serves great drinks and also a nice comfortable [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Cosmo's World Theme ParkDivided into two areas, Cosmo's World Theme Park is the major attraction for visitors and locals with children. It has at least 14 rides featuring different themes and of course heights. They are highly popular among youngsters. [...]D: 1.8mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are in Graz you should visit the old armory of the town from the 16./17. century. It´s the oldest completely preserved armory, attracting...
History & Culture: Landeszeughaus Graz
It's the best place in Salzburg if you want to taste traditional Austrian food. It is not expensive, but is one of the best restaurants in the city...
Food: Brüderlein fein
New Norfolk, Australia
Norfolk Island is the best place to live, to travel and to relax. It is a beautiful island with sandy beaches, high mountains covered with tall...
General: Heaven on earth
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
If you are at Split, the ancient Spalato, you should take a look at the palace of the emperor Diocletian, reigning in the late 3rd century a.c. ...
History & Culture: Ancient palace of the roman emperor Diocletian
The choice to rent a house for your next vacation can be an exciting and enjoyable experience. Unlike with a hotel or a condominium, you are able...
Beaches : Indian Rocks Vacation Rentals
If you plan to go to Capri, take a look at the schedule of the ferries. Normally they go there at a certain time, but not every five minutes.
General: Check the schedule of the ferries
The entrance to the Catacombs of San Sebastiano is located at the address Via Appia Antica. 136th. The church of San Sebastiano was built over...
History & Culture: Catacombs of San Sebastiano
There are a lot of weird and unusual theme parks in the world, but the Holy Land Experience takes the cake. Like the name says, you'll find...
History & Culture: The Holy Land Experience
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz