National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Some attractions in Vietnam you don't knowIf you only have time to explore one country in Southeast Asia, choose VIETNAM! Let’s admit it, when it comes to travel, Vietnam gets a bit of a bad rep. Before coming here all I heard were stories of travel scams, robberies, aggressive [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Rain Nudle HouseRain nudle House is a great restaurant to be at if you wants a great ambience and at the same time a great place to have tasty food. This place is very much known for its noodles. This restaurant’ speciality is the noodles. They are [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Fong Lye RestaurantFong Lye Restaurant serves really good Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine and dishes. There is a huge variety of food that one can choose from at this place. This place is usually visited by many locals and thus making it a great opportunity to [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Top Hat RestaurantWe just visited the Petronas Twin Towers and were looking for a place to have lunch when we found the Top Hat Restaurant. It looked so nice from the outside with its huge wall-windows that we decided to go and see if their food was good as [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
However, if you can, avoid Frankfurt and go to Munich. :)
General: Avoid it and go to Munich
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
Abends ist am Strand immer viel los. Es gibt viele Rastaurants und viele kleine Spielkasinos für Kinder.
General: Strand und Rastaurants
Born in a mountain area, the sea and its inhabitants always has been fascinating to me. So every time I visit a city I try to get in an Aquarium if...
Family & Fun: Baltimore National Aquarium
I went to see NASA Johnson Space center with my brother and it was amazing, totally worth the slightly expensive ticket. Unfortunately we couldn't...
Sightseeing: NASA Johnson Space Center
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The valley is Mai Chau town of Hoa Binh province which is located 135km southwest of Hanoi. The word “valley” means that it is surrounded by...
General: How to experience your tour in Mai Chau?
Sa Pa, Vietnam
When you plan your holiday to Vietnam and further to one of the mesmerizing Indochina destinations such as Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar,...
Sightseeing: Cultural experience with ethnic minorities in Sapa