National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Lot 10 Hawkers CentreThis hawker centre known as the Lot 10 Hawker centre is housed below the Lot 10 complex by the Isetan. There are various stalls in this place and each of these stall sells different kind of local food. This is a great place to try the local [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Yut Kee RestaurantThe pork rolls were the most delicious in the Yut Kee Restaurant the one afternoon we explored the backstreets of Kuala Lumpur and came upon this small 'coffeehouse' that is managed by the third generation now. They offer fantastic [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Petronas Twin TowersWith a height of 1483 feet and 88 stories, the Petronas Twin Towers is one of the tallest buildings in the world. An air-bridge connects the towers between the 41st and 42nd floor. You are allowed to go up the air-bridge in daytime, except [...]D: n/a00
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s a nice small village, that has got a well equipped museum, showing roman history, as well as old-timer cars and modern history. If you are...
General: A nice village
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Avebury, United Kingdom
This village, Avebury is located in Wiltshire, in southern England. Here you can find the largest neolithic stone circle in England constructed...
Outdoors Activities: Avebury Henge
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
No thing important i like go best place
General: Man or mr
Buena Park, California
This is the Halloween event of the well known theme park, Knott's Berry Farm. You should really see it. It offers everything you would expect...
Family & Fun: Great Halloween Program at Knott's Scary Farm
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I've been karting before, but it was nothing, a piece of cake, compared to the karts and the place in Fort Lauderdale. Known as the longest and...
Family & Fun: Xtreme Indoor Karting in Fort Lauderdale
This website has events in the area and things to do that are not amusement park or theme park related. Great if you're not the roller coaster type!
Family & Fun: Travel Resource
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Visit Mesilla! The Gadsden Purchase, which annexed Mesilla to the United States from Mexico and established the current international borders of...
General: Gadsden Purchase and Mesilla Plaza