National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Sultan Abdul Samad BuildingHome of Malaysia's High and Supreme Court, the Sultan Abdul Samad building is an architectural jewel combining in style the Western Gothic with Indian-Muslim. You may not be allowed to enter on certain days, but just seeing the whole [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Some attractions in Vietnam you don't knowIf you only have time to explore one country in Southeast Asia, choose VIETNAM! Let’s admit it, when it comes to travel, Vietnam gets a bit of a bad rep. Before coming here all I heard were stories of travel scams, robberies, aggressive [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Restoran Kim Lian Kee (Hokkien Noodle)This restaurant known as the Restoran Kim Lian Kee is very famous in Kuala Lumpur not just among the locals but also tourists from tourists around the world. This is because it is believed to sell one of the best Hokkien noodle. Hokkien [...]D: 1.5mi00
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
If you happen to be tired of Italian cuisine (which I cannot imagine), chose Casa dei Ciliegi, they have great - let's say - international cuisine....
Food: Casa dei Ciliegi
Trekeffect is an online tool that help you plan your trips.Trekeffect lets you discover new destinations, know what to do in those destinations and...
General: Plan Your Trip With Trekeffect
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Los Angeles, California
The Capital Records Tower is a nice little landmark that was built in 1956. This is a nice landmark of Hollywood. Of course this is really just...
History & Culture: Capitol Records Tower
The most interactive and hands-on place where kids can learn so many things is the Children's Museum of Stockton. They have a wide variety of...
History & Culture: Children's Museum of Stockton