National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Ramly BurgerRamly Burgers are very well known in Kula Lumpur. These burgers are known to be the local’s best finger food. This burger seems just like the traditional burgers that we can get in fast food restaurants. However the difference is [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Yut Kee RestaurantThe pork rolls were the most delicious in the Yut Kee Restaurant the one afternoon we explored the backstreets of Kuala Lumpur and came upon this small 'coffeehouse' that is managed by the third generation now. They offer fantastic [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Esquire KitchenEsquire Kitchen is a great place to try various Chinese food items and dishes. This place serves various kinds of food items and thus giving you a wide range of food to select from. However some of their must try and great dishes includes [...]D: 3.7mi00
- Some attractions in Vietnam you don't knowIf you only have time to explore one country in Southeast Asia, choose VIETNAM! Let’s admit it, when it comes to travel, Vietnam gets a bit of a bad rep. Before coming here all I heard were stories of travel scams, robberies, aggressive [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Sri Mahamariamman TempleA beautifully ornate shrine in South-Indian style, the Sri Mahamariamman Temple is located in Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown and has a history of at least 130 years. At the entrance of the temple there is a big, wonderful gate-tower reaching [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like gambling, you can try the Casino called Hohensyburg at Dortmund. It´s one of germany biggest casino´s, offering all types of play you...
General: Casino Hohensyburg
This is a fantastic Park in Munich. It's not as central as the English Garden, but more relaxing, and the best place to really calm down from a...
Outdoors Activities: Schlosspark Nymphenburg
Korjaamo defines itself as Helsinki's "living rooms", which sounds a but abstract, as expected from a huge building that basically...
History & Culture: Korjaamo Cultural Factory
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
This restaurant represents one of the oldest and famous places in the historical center of Bucharest.
Food: Caru cu Bere
I was so amazed when I went to see the famous Greektown district in downtown Detroit last summer. I would have never thought a district such as...
History & Culture: Greektown - A Bit of Europe in Detroit
Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Ninh Binh: Particularly Trang An within an hour distance from Hanoi near the southern margin of the Red river delta, the Trang An landscape complex...
General: Holiday to less traveled road in Vietnam