National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Batu cave (Hindu temple)The Hindu temple in Batu cave is very popular among both the locals especially Hindus and also the tourist. This is a great place to understand the culture, traditions and the religious aspects of the Hindus in Malaysia. People from all [...]D: 5.8mi00
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Central MarketFor souvenirs, artwork or crafts of local tradition you definitely have to go to the Central Market. Their shops range from the gifts and souvenirs to clothes and accessories to home decor. It is like a shopping wonderland where the [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Islamic Art MuseumThe rich culture and art of the Muslims is presented in the Islamic Art Museum, which we visited several weeks ago. The building in itself is a work of art, with its white and blue domes. The whole place is so beautiful and built in such a [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Restoran Kim Lian Kee (Hokkien Noodle)This restaurant known as the Restoran Kim Lian Kee is very famous in Kuala Lumpur not just among the locals but also tourists from tourists around the world. This is because it is believed to sell one of the best Hokkien noodle. Hokkien [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Pedro Sánchez (On the way to Miches): If you are headed to Miches in the Dominican Republic, take time to stop off in Pedro Sanchez, a rural...
Outdoors Activities: Pedro Sanchez
The Alhambra is definitely a must see. It is the most beautiful of all Granada's great buildings and other Arabic memories. The Alhambra is...
History & Culture: The Alhambra
A must to see in Valencia is the City of Arts and Sciences (called 'Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias de Valencia' in Spanish), what is a huge...
Sightseeing: City of Arts and Sciences
If you are at Plitvice you should definitely take a look at the lakes of Plitvice. They are gorgeous and also famous through the german Winnetou...
Outdoors Activities: Famous Lakes, also known from the old Winnetou films
If you are in Hajduszoboszlo don't miss out the aqua park. It is a great place, and it is not too expensive
I think the Sistine Chapel (called Cappella Sistina in Italian) must have seen when you're travelling to Rome, by taking a tour in the Vatican...
General: Sistine Chapel - Cappella Sistina
Though not a typical tourist attraction, visiting the fish market is something that gives you an insight into the trade of Japan and thus into its...
Shopping: Tsukiji Fish Market
Nice, quiet, more like a living wonder.
General: Living wonder
Definitely the place to eat traditional and really good Italian food is Uricchio's Trattoria. Though we felt it a little bit crammed with...
Food: Uricchio's Trattoria
Charlotte, North Carolina
You should definitely visit Carowinds Amusement Park in Charlotte if you are with children, because they will just love it! I went there with some...
Family & Fun: Carowinds Amusement Park