National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
- Light Rail Transist (Transportation)Light Rail Transit is a great way to get around the city and also out of the city centre. The Light Rail Transit links Sentul Timur to Ampang(Ampang Line) and Sentul Timur to Sri Petaling (Sri Petaling Line). This rail transit passes [...]D: 2.1mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Central MarketFor souvenirs, artwork or crafts of local tradition you definitely have to go to the Central Market. Their shops range from the gifts and souvenirs to clothes and accessories to home decor. It is like a shopping wonderland where the [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Pangkor IslandHe ancient name for this island is Spirit Island. The ancient islanders believed that this island is protected by the spirits of 'Keramat Serban Hijau', 'Keramat Serban Kuning' and 'Keramat Tok Janggut'. Fishermen claim to hear voices [...]D: n/a00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
DHAKA CITY TOUR (HALF DAY) Normally this tour will be in the morning and will last 3-4 hours. On this tour our experienced guide will show you ...
General: Dhaka travel guide
Kressbronn Am Bodensee, Germany
Wenn man in der Nähe des Bodensees ist und in der Gegend von Kressbronn, dann sollte man zum entspannen ins dortige Strandbad am Bodensee gehen....
General: Strandbad am Bodensee
If you visit Blesle, don't miss the Antiquities Shop on the Rue de la Bonale. They have many nice things, objects for everyday use and decoration....
If you want to reach other cities from there, go to the main bus station in the city center, directly adjacent to the harbour.
Public Transportation: Reaching other cities from Gythion
If you happen to go to Kecskemét do not miss out the famous 'Cifrapalota' which will surely attract you with its beautiful folk-art-motifs. You...
Sightseeing: Cifrapalota, Kecskemet
If you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old...
Sightseeing: Walking in the old city center
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
A’Famosa is a great place to visit as it has beautiful structures and architectures that was built in 1511 when the Portuguese conquered...
Sightseeing: A' Famosa (Porta de Santiago)
If you are the the modern city of Tarsus, you definitely should visit the ancient city. The oldest parts can be traced back till 4th millenium B.C.
History & Culture: Ancient Tarsus
I have never seen a house from which only the pillars remained after it burned down. When I saw the mansion in rural Lauderdale County I was amazed...
History & Culture: Forks of Cypress, a Mysterious Plantation