National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- The Jamek MosqueThe oldest worshiping place in Kuala Lumpur, the Jamek Mosque has been built on the meeting of the two rivers, Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak. The early settlers established their homes exactly at this confluence and built the mosque in [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Petaling StreetThe whole street look like the a shopping paradise, though you have to be aware, that many of the products are fake or brought into the country illegally. In any case, Petaling Street has everything to offer from watches through [...]D: 2mi00
- Petronas Twin TowersWith a height of 1483 feet and 88 stories, the Petronas Twin Towers is one of the tallest buildings in the world. An air-bridge connects the towers between the 41st and 42nd floor. You are allowed to go up the air-bridge in daytime, except [...]D: n/a00
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
- Sri Mahamariamman TempleA beautifully ornate shrine in South-Indian style, the Sri Mahamariamman Temple is located in Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown and has a history of at least 130 years. At the entrance of the temple there is a big, wonderful gate-tower reaching [...]D: 4.5mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It might be bizarre to recommend a cemetery as a sight, but it's my best place in the whole city. A lot of Argentina's famous and wealthy people...
History & Culture: Recoleta Cemetery
Austins Ferry, Australia
On a Luxury sailing cruises at Whitsundays private yacht charter, sailing charter with Real life enjoy reef walking, Whole, Golfing, Sundancer,...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Beijing Shi, China
[url=http://www.beijinglandscapes.com/huangshan-tour.html]Huangshan Tour [/url] [url=http://www.badaling-great-wall.com]Badaling Great Wall[/url]
General: Huangshan Tour
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
No visit to Madrid is complete without eating some mouth watering Churros. Chocolateria San Gines is the oldest venue that has been serving Churros...
Food: San Gines Chocolate Factory
Whitsunday Islands situated Queensland Capital at Australia. Whitsunday Island can divide into four groups like Northern, Lindeman, The...
Beaches : Whitsunday Yacht Charter
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
If you are in Brasov between 2nd and 7th September 2009, you really have to check out the “GOLDEN STAG” International Music Festival, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: "Golden Stag" International Music Festival in Brasov
San Jose, California
Fun and inviting with activities for all ages, the San Jose Flea Market is not just a market where you can sell your stuff or buy, it a place that...
Shopping: San Jose Flea Market