National Mosque (Masjid Negara), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > National Mosque (Masjid Negara)
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The admission to the mosque is free, though you have to be dressed appropriately. Because I'm a woman I had to cover my head with my scarf. If you're not dressed adequately to enter they provide robes for you.
It is a magnificent building, and built in a modern style that shows Malaysia aspirations for independence. I would recommend visiting it!
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
No entrance fee.
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur TowerAt the height of 1,38 (421m) feet, the Kuala Lumpur Tower is the fifth tallest tower in the world. From the Observation deck you have a beautiful view of the city and while we went at almost dawn we were able to see the city both in [...]D: n/a00
- Rain Nudle HouseRain nudle House is a great restaurant to be at if you wants a great ambience and at the same time a great place to have tasty food. This place is very much known for its noodles. This restaurant’ speciality is the noodles. They are [...]D: 1.1mi00
- ChinatownChinatown was established during the British colonial rule in the Petaling area. This was a place that was built at that time for the Chinese community. Even now this is a great place to know more and understand about the Chinese [...]D: 1.7mi00
- National Art Museum of Kuala LumpurHome to over 2500 works of art, the National Art Museum combines modern and traditional architecture and style both in its exterior and collections. If you're planning to spend a little bit more time int he museum, then you don't [...]D: 1.7mi00
- Light Rail Transist (Transportation)Light Rail Transit is a great way to get around the city and also out of the city centre. The Light Rail Transit links Sentul Timur to Ampang(Ampang Line) and Sentul Timur to Sri Petaling (Sri Petaling Line). This rail transit passes [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
This is not a very big zoo, but a very nice one. They take really good care of the animals and try to make their places as natural like as possible...
Outdoors Activities: Zoological Gardens
Shaolin means 'young forest' and the temple city was found in around 500 AD. These are the most well known Buddhist churches in the world, mainly...
History & Culture: Shaolin Temples in Henan
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
It is a devotion of the holy Maria. It ranges from the so called 'Palmsonntag' till the end of 'Ostersonntag'. All over the city there are...
History & Culture: Semana Sant in der Stadt Sevilla
Don't forget to document each of your travel. Always bring your cameras or videocam for photos and video of your trip.
General: Los Angeles
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant