Islamic Art Museum, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Islamic Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The exhibitions features artwork from embroidered blankets to artifacts and Islamic texts. Though not very much is said about the exhibits historical background, each and every piece is presented with details. Very educational and interesting, especially for a European.
Jalan Lembah, Tasik Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
RM12 for adults ($3.50), RM6 ($1.75) for children (free for aged 6 and under).
Daily from 10:00 to 18:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Yut Kee RestaurantThe pork rolls were the most delicious in the Yut Kee Restaurant the one afternoon we explored the backstreets of Kuala Lumpur and came upon this small 'coffeehouse' that is managed by the third generation now. They offer fantastic [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Sultan Abdul Samad BuildingHome of Malaysia's High and Supreme Court, the Sultan Abdul Samad building is an architectural jewel combining in style the Western Gothic with Indian-Muslim. You may not be allowed to enter on certain days, but just seeing the whole [...]D: 1.3mi00
- Fong Lye RestaurantFong Lye Restaurant serves really good Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine and dishes. There is a huge variety of food that one can choose from at this place. This place is usually visited by many locals and thus making it a great opportunity to [...]D: 1.8mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Pangkor IslandHe ancient name for this island is Spirit Island. The ancient islanders believed that this island is protected by the spirits of 'Keramat Serban Hijau', 'Keramat Serban Kuning' and 'Keramat Tok Janggut'. Fishermen claim to hear voices [...]D: n/a00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Every year from 6th of july till 14th of july. There the patron of Pamplona is carried throught the streets on a procession. Also interesting but...
Outdoors Activities: Feria di San fermin
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
Mexico City, Mexico
The city's best club I've been to was La Pata Negra. It's a real cool place with a huge dance floor on the second story and a...
Night Life & Entertainment: La Pata Negra
Brasov will have, starting from next year, most likely an international airport, that will link this marvelous city with the rest of the world. Now...
General: Brasov's new airport
There are literally thousands of food options in Singapore and for any visitor the sheer choice can be overwhelming. This guide leads you on a...
Food: 10 Foods You Must Try in Singapore
Named after Sultan Ahmed, who made it to be built between 1607 and 1617, the Blue Mosque is a symbol of grandeur, harmony and beauty. It is a sight...
History & Culture: The Blue Mosque
If you are at Pamukkale you should visit the well known Limestone terraces near the town. In earlier times you could even take a bath there, but...
Outdoors Activities: Limestone terraces
One of the best restaurants that serve Latin food is Talara Bistro. Their dishes are absolutely delicious. You just can't get enough of them. ...
Food: Talara Bistro
To get a glimpse of the lifestyle of the plantation owners, their every-day activities and way of living, you have to take the tour at the Belle...
History & Culture: Belle Meade Plantation