Islamic Art Museum, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Travel tips > Asia > Malaysia > Kuala Lumpur > Islamic Art Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The exhibitions features artwork from embroidered blankets to artifacts and Islamic texts. Though not very much is said about the exhibits historical background, each and every piece is presented with details. Very educational and interesting, especially for a European.
Jalan Lembah, Tasik Perdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
RM12 for adults ($3.50), RM6 ($1.75) for children (free for aged 6 and under).
Daily from 10:00 to 18:00
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Kuala Lumpur
- Travelling by taxiI think travellers all over the world share the same problems with taxi drivers who are just waiting to rip off some unsuspecting tourist. I was a victim in Rome once when three of us took a cab to go somewhere. No meters but a price was [...]D: 4.6mi00
- Top Hat RestaurantWe just visited the Petronas Twin Towers and were looking for a place to have lunch when we found the Top Hat Restaurant. It looked so nice from the outside with its huge wall-windows that we decided to go and see if their food was good as [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Sri Mahamariamman TempleA beautifully ornate shrine in South-Indian style, the Sri Mahamariamman Temple is located in Kuala Lumpur's Chinatown and has a history of at least 130 years. At the entrance of the temple there is a big, wonderful gate-tower reaching [...]D: 4.5mi00
- Kuala Lumpur Lake GardenThe beautiful and large Kuala Lumpur Lake Garden is the most popular park in the city. Home to the Orchid Garden, the Butterfly and Bird Park, the Garden encompasses natural wonders of the world. Beside unique facilities there are also [...]D: 1.4mi00
- Some attractions in Vietnam you don't knowIf you only have time to explore one country in Southeast Asia, choose VIETNAM! Let’s admit it, when it comes to travel, Vietnam gets a bit of a bad rep. Before coming here all I heard were stories of travel scams, robberies, aggressive [...]D: 2.1mi00
Things about Kuala Lumpur you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie (Royal Theatre of the Mint) is a theatre in Bruxelles and today is also the National Opera of Belgium. The theater is...
History & Culture: Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie, Brussels
In der Nähe von Immenstaad gibt es einen schönen großen Abenteuerpark, wo man Klettert. Auch wenn man ein bisschen Höchenangst hat, ist es dort...
General: Nahe von Immenstaad
If you don't want to pay for parking to the aqua park you can park just near it in some streets without any restriction.
General: Parking tip
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
Vientiane, Lao People's Republic
Day 1. Arrive in Vientiane (D) You will be warmly welcomed on arrival in Vientiane and transferred to your centrally located hotel. Vientiane is a...
Sightseeing: Laos travel and tour packages
This satay restaurant is very famous for serving authentic Malay food known as satays. Satays are meat usually chicken, beef or mutton that is...
Sightseeing: Capitol Satay Celup Restaurant
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Don't give money to beggars on the streets, give food or help out in their community.
Sightseeing: Philippine eco-cultural adventure specialist
Albuquerque, New Mexico
You can't get a more up-close experience in learning about the New Mexico land, its people and history than taking a tour with the New Mexico...
Outdoors Activities: New Mexico Private Jeep Tours
Opened its doors first in Columbus, OH, Ted's Montana Grill, with its traditional American dishes and environment has grown into a huge...
Food: Ted's Montana Grill