Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures, Kabani, Myanmar
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Kabani > Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Kabini is reached by air, train, and by bus. The nearest airport is Bangalore airport which is around 208 kms from here and is also the nearest. It is connected to all the Indian airports and thus traveling gets easier to Kabini.
The nearest rail head is the Mysore junction which is at a distance of around 80 kms from the beautiful region of Kabini. Mysore is equally well connected to other places and thus people find it easier to reach Kabini by rail. Kabini can also reached by road, and the entire region is thus a great place to visit with the best forms of transport facilities.
River Kabini is a tributary of the Cauvery and is find flowing across the beautiful region of the Nagarhole National park. This entire jungle is the place where you get to see antelopes, gaur, leopard, tiger, python, cobra and also the herds of elephants. Kabini is surely a great place to live in and an ideal travel destination for those who are interested in adventure.
The Kabini River Lodge is a great place where you can enjoy the sights of the best kind of ambience and the most fascinating scenic settings. It was earlier the private lodge for hunting for the Mysore Maharaja . Then it became the Vice Regal lodge where the royalties and British viceroys used to be entertained. Kabini today is one of the best resorts in the wildlife tours in India. It stretches over a river and a forest and these resorts organize a lot of wildlife watching too. There are many forest trails and treks that are organized which are very popular amongst the tourists. There are elephant backed safaris which give the needed excitement for those who look forward to a perfectly thrilling experience.
Kabini is a place where you get the best kind of solitude and tranquility which is the mainstay here. The place is an ideal getaway from the traffic and the big city life that are found in the urban areas. Elephants are a mainstay here and so elephant rides and such safaris are very common here.
Crocodiles are also a great feature of the tours here. As they perform their antics here, the tourists get enchanted and enthralled . Then there are sights like leopard, tiger, sloth bear, wild boar, antelope, sambar, and also monkeys and other such animals.
Kabini is also home to the brown headed fishing eagle, osprey, golden backed woodpecker, racket tailed drongo, peafowl, stork and some 250 species of birds. Tourists love to spend time on the banks of the river and enjoy experiencing the sights of the wildlife here. Go on those nature walks and the jeep safaris and the majestic elephant rides which are the main feature of tours here. With the bamboo boats which are lined with the hides of buffalo skin the experience of floating on this river is something beyond description. There are beautiful sights of lovely river creatures here and it is a great experience which leaves the tourists totally mesmerized.
Come here and enjoy the sights of the beauty of the green surroundings here. This is a place that has the best avian population and has the ideal sights of great birds. The best time to visit here is from November to May. When the monsoons arrive here, the entire forest here turns into a green paradise that is worth seeing. This is a lovely refreshing break and is a great wildlife haven.
With the luscious surroundings and lovely green ambience tours here are very fulfilling. Tourists love to come to this green paradise and experience the pleasures of a land that is surely a must see in tours to India . This gives one of the best wildlife experiences in this part of the world.
Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka, INDIA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Myanmar
- Shwedagon PagodaAccording to the legend, the pagoda is 2500 years old. But archaeologists say the it was built btw. the 6th and 10th century AD. Whatever the truth is, the Pagoda is wonderful. There are four entrances, the Southern one is guarded by [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
- Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar TripFrom the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that your preparation may go wrong.To assist you with better preparation, Myanmar Tours Asia would [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experienceThe best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the rain fall is rare and almost unseen, this is considering between early November and late [...]D: n/a00
Things about Kabani you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Badiatravel Inbound Agency based in Tripoli
The Sahara desert is the largest desert on earth, with a size bigger then the USA. Once you get into the Sahara you really will get a feel for the...
Sightseeing: The Sahara Desert
It's a beautiful town :)
General: The beauty of Oradea
Fort Worth, Texas
Dedicated to preserve a little bit of Texas history, log cabins from various locations around the country were disassembled and reassembled in an...
History & Culture: Log Cabin Village
Fountain Valley, California
Boomers is located right at the heart of Fountain Valley, CA (intersection between Magnolia Street & Warner Street). It provides a lot of fun...
Family & Fun: Boomer! Fountain Valley
A few miles from downtown Fresno you can find the famous Clovis Rodeo Park that holds the annual Clovis Rodeo event which has over 30.000 visitors...
Family & Fun: Clovis Rodeo
For me this bookstore is Heaven on Earth!! I always loved to read while eating a snack or drink a cup of hot chocolate and to find a place that...
Shopping: Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe
If you go to Innsbruck, train is the most comfortable way to get there. From the mainstation you can get everywhere by taxi.
General: How to get there comfortably
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns