Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures, Kabani, Myanmar
Travel tips > Asia > Myanmar > Kabani > Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary Pleasures
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
Kabini is reached by air, train, and by bus. The nearest airport is Bangalore airport which is around 208 kms from here and is also the nearest. It is connected to all the Indian airports and thus traveling gets easier to Kabini.
The nearest rail head is the Mysore junction which is at a distance of around 80 kms from the beautiful region of Kabini. Mysore is equally well connected to other places and thus people find it easier to reach Kabini by rail. Kabini can also reached by road, and the entire region is thus a great place to visit with the best forms of transport facilities.
River Kabini is a tributary of the Cauvery and is find flowing across the beautiful region of the Nagarhole National park. This entire jungle is the place where you get to see antelopes, gaur, leopard, tiger, python, cobra and also the herds of elephants. Kabini is surely a great place to live in and an ideal travel destination for those who are interested in adventure.
The Kabini River Lodge is a great place where you can enjoy the sights of the best kind of ambience and the most fascinating scenic settings. It was earlier the private lodge for hunting for the Mysore Maharaja . Then it became the Vice Regal lodge where the royalties and British viceroys used to be entertained. Kabini today is one of the best resorts in the wildlife tours in India. It stretches over a river and a forest and these resorts organize a lot of wildlife watching too. There are many forest trails and treks that are organized which are very popular amongst the tourists. There are elephant backed safaris which give the needed excitement for those who look forward to a perfectly thrilling experience.
Kabini is a place where you get the best kind of solitude and tranquility which is the mainstay here. The place is an ideal getaway from the traffic and the big city life that are found in the urban areas. Elephants are a mainstay here and so elephant rides and such safaris are very common here.
Crocodiles are also a great feature of the tours here. As they perform their antics here, the tourists get enchanted and enthralled . Then there are sights like leopard, tiger, sloth bear, wild boar, antelope, sambar, and also monkeys and other such animals.
Kabini is also home to the brown headed fishing eagle, osprey, golden backed woodpecker, racket tailed drongo, peafowl, stork and some 250 species of birds. Tourists love to spend time on the banks of the river and enjoy experiencing the sights of the wildlife here. Go on those nature walks and the jeep safaris and the majestic elephant rides which are the main feature of tours here. With the bamboo boats which are lined with the hides of buffalo skin the experience of floating on this river is something beyond description. There are beautiful sights of lovely river creatures here and it is a great experience which leaves the tourists totally mesmerized.
Come here and enjoy the sights of the beauty of the green surroundings here. This is a place that has the best avian population and has the ideal sights of great birds. The best time to visit here is from November to May. When the monsoons arrive here, the entire forest here turns into a green paradise that is worth seeing. This is a lovely refreshing break and is a great wildlife haven.
With the luscious surroundings and lovely green ambience tours here are very fulfilling. Tourists love to come to this green paradise and experience the pleasures of a land that is surely a must see in tours to India . This gives one of the best wildlife experiences in this part of the world.
Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary, Karnataka, INDIA
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Myanmar
- Thing you should know when plan your Myanmar TripFrom the first step of preparing your trip to Myanmar to the time you are travelling inside this beautiful country, there happens some stages that your preparation may go wrong.To assist you with better preparation, Myanmar Tours Asia would [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Top beaches in Myanmar for a perfect holidayTop Islands to spend a quality Myanmar luxury holiday Kyun Phi Lar known as Pilar by Burmese and is a very beautiful island located in the center of Mergui Archipelago. This white and long sandy beaches island is an ideal place to spend [...]D: n/a00
- Visit Golden Pagodas around YangonMany travelers combine Indochina destinations to have a great mixture of culture, relaxation, beauty and uniqueness altogether in one region. Traveling from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City to Myanmar on a direct flight to Burmese capital, [...]D: n/a00
- Myanmar tours with river cruise holidayIf your plan a unique and a bit different holiday in South-East of Asia then look no further as Myanmar is your choice for this year, the stunning temples, charming beauty and welcoming people with naïve life style is what Myanmar is all [...]D: n/a00
- Best visiting attractions in MyanmarYangon is the former capital of Myanmar which boasts a distintive beauty with pagoda, river, old colonial buildings and scenic lakes. To enjoy totally Yangon, you should spend from 2 days to 4 days visitig the major sites and the [...]D: 0.7mi00
Things about Kabani you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
In the center of Bern is a really interested Chine restaurant, with the best chine food in Switzerland, thay said! Well I don't know how are the...
Food: Chine restaurant
Here is a quick tip for what to eat while at Munich Airport. There are several great little places but if you are stopping over I would recommend...
Food: What to eat at Munich Airport
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
How about going around Laguna de Bay. Grab a map of Rizal and Laguna from any National book store, and your on your way to fun fun and more fun! ...
General: Roundtrip tip with pie advise
Tagaytay City, Philippines
Don't miss the Taal lake, when you are in Tagaytay. You can book a tour to cross the lake to the Volcano Island. You can reach the top either...
General: Taal Lake
Lilla Torg is Malmo's nicest square. It is part of the old downtown and there are a lot of great pubs and restaurants there. All the buildings...
Night Life & Entertainment: Lilla Torg
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Featuring Polynesian food and designed in a tropical style, this was the most entertaining, and interesting restaurant I've ever been in. They...
Food: Mai-Kai Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale
San Jose, California
Located in various parts of San Jose, Bill's Cafe offers a wide variety of breakfast dishes from scrambled eggs to pancakes. The serve also...
Food: Bill's Cafe
A beautiful little restaurant that features Southwestern cuisine, the Cafe Terra Cotta is located on Sunrise Drive and is a local favorite in...
Food: Café Terra Cotta