Museum of Southern History, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Museum of Southern History
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It didn't took is much time to cover everything from the displays to lectures and at the end of the tour we were happy to have taken the time to explore this little treasure of history. Recommending it if you're visiting Jacksonville.
4304 Herschel St, Jacksonville, FL 32210, USA
$3 donation, or an annual membership of $25.
Tue-Sat.: 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Little Talbot Island State ParkThe best of our stay in Jacksonville. We spent the whole day out camping in Little Talbot Island State Park. It was amazing and wonderful. There are so many things to do there from wildlife watching to hiking, surfing and kayaking. You [...]D: 16.6mi00
- The Homestead RestaurantThis place is really nice. The Homestead Restaurant as a homey feeling to it, with an amazing staff who are smiling all the time, making you feel more at home. We loved their Crab Bisque Cup and their Grouper Pesada dishes. Not to mention [...]D: 11.4mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Hala Cafe and BakeryThe most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes and if you try one of them, you will definitely come back to try the other specialties too. [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The best way to visit Bruges is ... on foot. Of course, I recommend also to take a boat through the superb canals, but rather than that only on...
General: The best way to visit Brugges
I went to the Big Easy for brunch last week on a rainy Sunday. It's been an excellent experience. They have a wide varietay of food. I...
Food: Awesome Brunch at The Big Easy
London, United Kingdom
Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace one of the best free activities in London. It takes place at the courtyard of the Palace at 11:30, but you...
Outdoors Activities: Changing the Guard
If you don't want to stay in Volos city try the seaside village of Amaliapolis - about 50km from Volos. It is really beautiful and has fantastic...
Beaches : Places to stay in Amaliapolis
Jammu is vey crowded during the months of october and April due to the holy Navratri season in India. To get good accommodations during these times...
General: Travel tip
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
Quezon City, Philippines
La Loma in Quezon City is, they say, the oldest cockpit in the country. It is the place of the typical centuries-old sport on the Philippines, the...
Night Life & Entertainment: The La Loma Cockpit
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
The means of public transportation in Honolulu and the whole island is The Bus. There are some 80 Bus routes only for the Honolulu area, including...
Public Transportation: The Bus in Honolulu
Las Vegas, Nevada
This is one of the locals favorites. It's naturally packed with tourists as well. The Bellagio Buffet offers a huge selection of International food...
Food: Bellagio Buffet