Museum of Southern History, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Museum of Southern History
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It didn't took is much time to cover everything from the displays to lectures and at the end of the tour we were happy to have taken the time to explore this little treasure of history. Recommending it if you're visiting Jacksonville.
4304 Herschel St, Jacksonville, FL 32210, USA
$3 donation, or an annual membership of $25.
Tue-Sat.: 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- E2ride Bike ToursIt was one of the best ways to learn more about the city and its history. The e2ride Bike Tours have several guided tours and we plan to take part on each of them eventually, and the first we went to was the Riverside-Avondale tour. There [...]D: 10mi10
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
- Fort Caroline National MemorialHistory, culture, religion, battles and people; this is what Fort Caroline National Memorial is all about. In the heart of the Timucuan Preserve, Fort Caroline provides glimpses of the time when the French were occupying the area. It was [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Little Talbot Island State ParkThe best of our stay in Jacksonville. We spent the whole day out camping in Little Talbot Island State Park. It was amazing and wonderful. There are so many things to do there from wildlife watching to hiking, surfing and kayaking. You [...]D: 16.6mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Great for a day trip starting from Dresden
History & Culture: Medieval Silver Mining Town
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
Korjaamo defines itself as Helsinki's "living rooms", which sounds a but abstract, as expected from a huge building that basically...
History & Culture: Korjaamo Cultural Factory
In Roubaix there is a “must see” sight called La Piscine (The swimming pool). It is in fact a museum (Museum of Art and Industry) opened after...
Sightseeing: La Piscine - A museum on top of a swimming pool
Belfast, United Kingdom
The wall Murals of Belfast are the symbols of the city. They depict the division of the streets and neighborhoods according to political an...
Sightseeing: The famous Murals
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
Choosing the Cultural Center tour of Preservation Wayne was a great choice for me, because this way I was able to get a bigger picture of...
History & Culture: Cultural city tour in Detroit
Are you interested on horse riding? Check 'Reiterhof Weissenhof'. It's ideal for kids, they offer lessons for kids and adults. It's ideal during a...
General: Horse Riding in Radstadt
Nice place in th winter, if you want to go skiing, without paying so much money like at Ischgl.
Outdoors Activities: Skiing in Schruns