Museum of Southern History, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Museum of Southern History
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It didn't took is much time to cover everything from the displays to lectures and at the end of the tour we were happy to have taken the time to explore this little treasure of history. Recommending it if you're visiting Jacksonville.
4304 Herschel St, Jacksonville, FL 32210, USA
$3 donation, or an annual membership of $25.
Tue-Sat.: 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Hala Cafe and BakeryThe most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes and if you try one of them, you will definitely come back to try the other specialties too. [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Restaurant Orsay in JacksonvilleIt was the best place we've dined since our stay in Jacksonville. The staff in the Restaurant Orsay is great, always at your side but not hovering all the time. The food is just absolutely delicious not to mention their mouthwatering [...]D: 10.3mi00
- Fort Caroline National MemorialHistory, culture, religion, battles and people; this is what Fort Caroline National Memorial is all about. In the heart of the Timucuan Preserve, Fort Caroline provides glimpses of the time when the French were occupying the area. It was [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Wiener Neustadt travel tips - Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
Cologne travel tips - Germany
If you are at Cologne, you definitely should visit this museum, if you´re interested in history of ancient romans and similar epoch´s. It shows...
History & Culture: Roman germanic museum at the city center
Konstanz travel tips - Germany
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
London travel tips - United Kingdom
Even if it's really expensive (17 pounds for an adult, 8.5 pounds for a child 4-15 years old, and 14 pounds for seniors - 60 years plus - 2009...
General: the Millennium Wheel
Bombay travel tips - India
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
Bucharest travel tips - Romania
As a traveler if you decide to visit Romania and on your schedule you'll find some time to explore Bucharest, than take a moment and stop in the...
Sightseeing: Historical Center of Bucharest
Key West travel tips - Florida
I've never, ever seen so many beautiful colors in one place in my entire life. The conservatory is just beautiful. There's no other word, only if...
Family & Fun: Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
Orlando travel tips - Florida
If you're interested in science, you'll love the Orlando Science Center, even if you already know the all the stuff presented inside. This...
History & Culture: Orlando Science Center
Rochester travel tips - New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Novi Sad travel tips - Serbia
This is a public beach, one of the most beautiful on the Danube river. There are many cafes, restaurants fast food, and manysupporting facilities...
Beaches : Shtrand - Public Beach