Museum of Southern History, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Museum of Southern History
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It didn't took is much time to cover everything from the displays to lectures and at the end of the tour we were happy to have taken the time to explore this little treasure of history. Recommending it if you're visiting Jacksonville.
4304 Herschel St, Jacksonville, FL 32210, USA
$3 donation, or an annual membership of $25.
Tue-Sat.: 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Zoo and GardensThe train ride was the greatest for the kids in the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. They were able to watch the animals that weren't so courageous to come out from their hiding place or the ones that took refuge in the shades from the hot [...]D: 14.1mi00
- Little Talbot Island State ParkThe best of our stay in Jacksonville. We spent the whole day out camping in Little Talbot Island State Park. It was amazing and wonderful. There are so many things to do there from wildlife watching to hiking, surfing and kayaking. You [...]D: 16.6mi00
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Cummer Museum of Art and GardensAn amazing variety of exhibits, artwork and plants can be found in the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and we loved every minute of the tour we took part at. We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of [...]D: 9.6mi00
- Fort Caroline National MemorialHistory, culture, religion, battles and people; this is what Fort Caroline National Memorial is all about. In the heart of the Timucuan Preserve, Fort Caroline provides glimpses of the time when the French were occupying the area. It was [...]D: 12.7mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The city is nice in the center. You can go shopping everywhere, also on the local markets. If you don't know where to go, just go to the tourist...
Shopping: Shopping in city
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
Johor Baharu, Malaysia
This Restaurant Nilla is a very famous among the locals and even among tourists as this restaurant is known for its banana-lead food. Many regard...
Food: Restaurant Nilla
The Best hotels in Birmingham affordable extended stay lodging accommodations for business and family travelers at a affordable rate. If you are...
General: The Best Hotels in Birmingham For Your Budget
I don't know why so many visitors to Hawaii miss out on seeing the rainforest. Just ten minutes from Waikiki you can find a great trail that...
Outdoors Activities: Manoa Falls
Las Vegas, Nevada
Flying across Las Vegas at night is something everybody should experience. It's not cheap, but reasonably priced. We did a night flight called...
General: Helicopter Tour
Los Angeles, California
This is definitely one of my favorite food places in LA. It's located in a place called Little J Town. Basically a tiny little Japanese shopping...
This garden is a must see for anyone who's visiting Portland, especially of you have a fondness for roses. It is the oldest official,...
Outdoors Activities: International Rose Test Garden
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.
Johannesburg, South Africa
The nightlife in Johannesburg has actually become way better than in the past. More clubs are being opened and re-vamped to look better and bigger....
Night Life & Entertainment: Joburg Nightlife