Museum of Southern History, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Museum of Southern History
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It didn't took is much time to cover everything from the displays to lectures and at the end of the tour we were happy to have taken the time to explore this little treasure of history. Recommending it if you're visiting Jacksonville.
4304 Herschel St, Jacksonville, FL 32210, USA
$3 donation, or an annual membership of $25.
Tue-Sat.: 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Zoo and GardensThe train ride was the greatest for the kids in the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. They were able to watch the animals that weren't so courageous to come out from their hiding place or the ones that took refuge in the shades from the hot [...]D: 14.1mi00
- The Homestead RestaurantThis place is really nice. The Homestead Restaurant as a homey feeling to it, with an amazing staff who are smiling all the time, making you feel more at home. We loved their Crab Bisque Cup and their Grouper Pesada dishes. Not to mention [...]D: 11.4mi00
- Little Talbot Island State ParkThe best of our stay in Jacksonville. We spent the whole day out camping in Little Talbot Island State Park. It was amazing and wonderful. There are so many things to do there from wildlife watching to hiking, surfing and kayaking. You [...]D: 16.6mi00
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
- Cummer Museum of Art and GardensAn amazing variety of exhibits, artwork and plants can be found in the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and we loved every minute of the tour we took part at. We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of [...]D: 9.6mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Burj Al Arab is supposed to be the most expensive hotel in the world. When I went there I told the guard that I was in Dubai for a travel...
Sightseeing: Burj Al Arab
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
They have great drinks not for too much and great company. Also they have the best music in the area, so yes, I can say it's the best club in the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Backstage
This is Heaven from time immemorial. Welcome to Hangzhou China.
History & Culture: Living in Hangzhou China
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
Travel in Nuuk is rather difficult since there are only 4 taxis and you need some strong political influence to get a cab. The taxis cots a flat...
General: How to travel in Nuuk, a big tip
Miami Beach, Florida
Amazing summer party feeling is what you experience on Nikki Beach, though you do have to watch out for your wallet; not that it might get stolen,...
Beaches : Nikki Beach in Miami Beach
San Jose, California
Having the fame of one of the most amazing hunted houses, the Winchester Mystery House is a major tourist attraction in San Jose. Though I feel it...
History & Culture: Winchester Mystery House
Santa Ana, California
One of the highlight and maybe the most interesting museum in Santa Ana would be the Lyon Air Museum on Ike Jones Road just beside the John Wayne...
History & Culture: Lyon Air Museum
The newest Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is in Tulsa. It began as Cherokee bingo hall a couple decades ago and has evolved into a famous hotel and casino.
General: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Hong Kong, China
The world’s biggest outdoor Buddha statue is considered the Tian Tan Buddha on one of Hong Kong’s islands. It is a huge statue, made of bronze,...
History & Culture: The Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island