Museum of Southern History, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Museum of Southern History
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It didn't took is much time to cover everything from the displays to lectures and at the end of the tour we were happy to have taken the time to explore this little treasure of history. Recommending it if you're visiting Jacksonville.
4304 Herschel St, Jacksonville, FL 32210, USA
$3 donation, or an annual membership of $25.
Tue-Sat.: 10:00am to 4:00pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Cummer Museum of Art and GardensAn amazing variety of exhibits, artwork and plants can be found in the Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and we loved every minute of the tour we took part at. We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of [...]D: 9.6mi00
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in JacksonvillePerfect for a business or a private dining, Ruth's Chris Steak House provides a variety of dishes for any meat-lover or vegetarian. Although, I'd rather go for the meat. ;) Having restaurant all over the US, Ruth's is a popular [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Jacksonville Zoo and GardensThe train ride was the greatest for the kids in the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. They were able to watch the animals that weren't so courageous to come out from their hiding place or the ones that took refuge in the shades from the hot [...]D: 14.1mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
While visiting Calais you must see the amazing white cliffs of Dover, visible even from Calais when the wheather is clear. The cliffs started to...
General: The white cliffs of Dover
If you´re interested in ancient greek culture, you shouldn´t miss the ancient city of Argos, with it´s theater, cut in the rocks and the agora.
General: The ancient city
If you would ask me which attractions do I recommend you if you visit Sopron, it would be a hard question, because you can spend hours in the old...
Sightseeing: Walking in the old city center
Muckross Estate is something you must see if you are in Killarney, although it is out of the city, some 2-3 miles from the city center. Take a tour...
History & Culture: Muckross Estate
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
When I arrived in Milano I visited Castello Sforzesco but I didn't had enought time to visit 'Il Domo di Milano' and that's a thing that I regret,...
History & Culture: Castello Sforzesco, Milan
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz