Fort Caroline National Memorial, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Fort Caroline National Memorial
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was such an amazing tour that we took there. And all that for free made it even greater. We learned quite many things about the French occupancy and their relationships with the Indians. We saw shows, old houses and belongings of soldiers who fought for the land. Amazing tour for everyone!
12713 Fort Caroline Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32225, USA
Free, but reservation is required.
9am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
- Eco Motion TourIt was a really great way to explore Fort George Island and to learn more about the habitat there. The Eco Motion Tour guide was knowledgeable, smart and funny. We were told many things about the islands background history, flora and fauna. [...]D: 17.8mi00
- Museum of Southern HistoryThough not much from outside, the Museum of Southern History is a small gem about the wars between the states, the artillery and their guns. It has amazing exhibits, very few, unfortunately, being funded by sponsors and not by the state, [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Cathedral is the third largest church and the absolute largest Gothic Church in the world. Its construction was completed in around 1500 and...
History & Culture: Catedral
Henley On Thames, United Kingdom
Make sure you have a whole day for the amazing River and Rowing Museum if you are in Henley on Themes or in the area. It is very large and has many...
Outdoors Activities: For the Whole Family
There is a icon workshop in this little city. For groups there is a presentation how an icon is made. And there is also the possibility to buy...
Sightseeing: Icon workshop in Kalambaka
If you do something like island hoping or if you just make a stop during your travel to Crete at Santorini, you have got to climb up the hills and...
General: Insland of Santorini/Thira
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Dumaguete City, Philippines
If you happen to be in Dumaguete, you can also try visiting nearby Valencia and Siquijor. For more details you visit my blog :)http://deadtoenails...
Sightseeing: Valencia and Siquijor side trip
DAYDREAM LAGUNA RESORT Luxury Riverside Accommodation and Teppanyaki Restaurant • Indulge your senses and escape from the everyday stresses...
General: Daydream Laguna Resort
WE ARE RIGHTLY PROUD OF HAVING DISTINCTION TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE K2 BASE CAMP TRACK FROM HUSHE SIDE. AS BEING THE FIRST PAKISTANI GROUP WE...
General: TREK ADVENTURE SOCIETY GUJRAWALA
Want something that combines traditionalism and modernism? Why don’t you try a local pizza? The best traditional pizza (ok, I admit, the only one...
Food: Local Pizza (so tasty)
Duba, Saudi Arabia
Dubai is a fun and frivolous playground on the Persian Gulf, but don’t consider it the Vegas of the Middle East. While this eclectic city is one...
General: 12 things not to do in Dubai