Fort Caroline National Memorial, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Fort Caroline National Memorial
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was such an amazing tour that we took there. And all that for free made it even greater. We learned quite many things about the French occupancy and their relationships with the Indians. We saw shows, old houses and belongings of soldiers who fought for the land. Amazing tour for everyone!
12713 Fort Caroline Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32225, USA
Free, but reservation is required.
9am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- E2ride Bike ToursIt was one of the best ways to learn more about the city and its history. The e2ride Bike Tours have several guided tours and we plan to take part on each of them eventually, and the first we went to was the Riverside-Avondale tour. There [...]D: 10mi10
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in JacksonvillePerfect for a business or a private dining, Ruth's Chris Steak House provides a variety of dishes for any meat-lover or vegetarian. Although, I'd rather go for the meat. ;) Having restaurant all over the US, Ruth's is a popular [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Hala Cafe and BakeryThe most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes and if you try one of them, you will definitely come back to try the other specialties too. [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Eco Motion TourIt was a really great way to explore Fort George Island and to learn more about the habitat there. The Eco Motion Tour guide was knowledgeable, smart and funny. We were told many things about the islands background history, flora and fauna. [...]D: 17.8mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Prague, Czech Republic
The most important and well known church in the Czech Republic, St. Vitus Cathedral dominates the skyline of Prague. It is located on the 3rd...
History & Culture: St. Vitus Cathedral
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
As you may know, Orleans was the hometown of Joan of Arc, the heroine of France. She changed the outcome of the Hundred Years War in the favour of...
Family & Fun: Joan of Arc Day
Keswick, United Kingdom
Spa breaks in the Lake District make you feel better than any destination. I think it is the lakes and the hills and the endless fresh air. Luckily...
Sports & Wellness : Lake District Spa Breaks
This place has an enormous importance as this was the landmark place where the real fight against Britishers started by M K Gandhi. Dandi was the...
General: Dandi - Namak Satyagraha
Hotels in Manali - Hotel Him View, a name that is famous as a Hotel By River Side in manali near club house, hotels in manali, manali hotels,...
Outdoors Activities: Budget hotels in manali
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
The Butterfly World was one of the most amazing 'gardens' I've ever been in. I have to call it a garden, though it easily resembles a tropical...
Family & Fun: Butterfly World in Fort Lauderdale
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Taking a short walk from the Old City to Penn’s Landing on Friday night can result in an amazing ending of a day. There are FREE concerts to...
Night Life & Entertainment: Free concerts on Penn’s Landing
Santa Ana, California
One of the best burgers in town you will find only at In-N-Out Burger joint which is highly popular among the locals. I've been there on a...
Food: In-N-Out Burger