Fort Caroline National Memorial, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Fort Caroline National Memorial
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It was such an amazing tour that we took there. And all that for free made it even greater. We learned quite many things about the French occupancy and their relationships with the Indians. We saw shows, old houses and belongings of soldiers who fought for the land. Amazing tour for everyone!
12713 Fort Caroline Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32225, USA
Free, but reservation is required.
9am to 5pm.
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
- Hala Cafe and BakeryThe most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes and if you try one of them, you will definitely come back to try the other specialties too. [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
- Museum of Southern HistoryThough not much from outside, the Museum of Southern History is a small gem about the wars between the states, the artillery and their guns. It has amazing exhibits, very few, unfortunately, being funded by sponsors and not by the state, [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in JacksonvillePerfect for a business or a private dining, Ruth's Chris Steak House provides a variety of dishes for any meat-lover or vegetarian. Although, I'd rather go for the meat. ;) Having restaurant all over the US, Ruth's is a popular [...]D: 9.2mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you go there by car, leave it on one of the parking lots connected to public transports, because the inner city is heavily traffic crowded.
General: Use park and ride spots
This is a fantastic Park in Munich. It's not as central as the English Garden, but more relaxing, and the best place to really calm down from a...
Outdoors Activities: Schlosspark Nymphenburg
In Überlingen there is a great swimminghall with a big water-slip.
General: The great swimminghall
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
Do, by no means miss pork leg and lamb leg here. It is exceptional how they make it, they say this region is the only place where you can find it...
Food: Asador Tierra Aranda
Mali Ston, Croatia
The second longest wall still standing in Europe (about 5 km and 3 miles long) after Hadrian's Wall between Scotland and England. The wall goes...
Sightseeing: Ston Wall
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Laguna Beach, California
Go to some of the restaurants by the beach. They are all really nice (I think many managed by gay people - maybe that's why :) ). Grab a coffee...
General: Restaurants by the beach - Dietrich's
Saint Louis, Missouri
Being the most popular and well-known place for its specialty malts and shakes, the Crown Candy Kitchen is something of a St. Louis tradition,...
Food: Crown Candy Kitchen
A former Page Stranahan estate with vast grounds and beautiful sight, the Wildwood Preserve Metropark has become a local favorite for couples and...
Outdoors Activities: Wildwood Preserve Metropark