Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of the garden, surrounding the museum. It was amazing and to know that tree has been standing there for centuries. Mind-blowing.
We took a lot of pictures in the garden, it is beautiful, photography wasn't allowed in the museum, unfortunately. I highly recommend this museum. There are quite many locals and visitors taking tours in the museum so its not just me that enjoyed himself there.
829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, USA
Admission is $10, free on Tuesdays.
Tue-Sun: 10am to 4pm (until 5pm on Sat/Sun and on Tuesday till 9pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Hala Cafe and BakeryThe most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes and if you try one of them, you will definitely come back to try the other specialties too. [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in JacksonvillePerfect for a business or a private dining, Ruth's Chris Steak House provides a variety of dishes for any meat-lover or vegetarian. Although, I'd rather go for the meat. ;) Having restaurant all over the US, Ruth's is a popular [...]D: 9.2mi00
- Restaurant Orsay in JacksonvilleIt was the best place we've dined since our stay in Jacksonville. The staff in the Restaurant Orsay is great, always at your side but not hovering all the time. The food is just absolutely delicious not to mention their mouthwatering [...]D: 10.3mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
10 Day Irresistible Egypt 10 Day Irresistible Egypt Featuring the Oberoi Mena House and m/s Radamis I Three Departures Only ITINERARY DAY 01...
History & Culture: 10 days irresistible egypt with all airfare $
You should really visit the valley with the grounds existing in several colours, done by nature.
Outdoors Activities: The valley
Newyork, United Kingdom
Well, it’s amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
While in Naples, you have to make sure that you visit Pompeii. It might be the most important Roman/Greek archeological site out there. Pompeii was...
History & Culture: Visit Pompeii
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
The Auschwitz-Birkenau camps are not far from Krakow and it's easy to get there with the minibus service, takes only one or maximum two hours. ...
History & Culture: Auschwitz-Birkenau
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
BZB is a bar located along serangoon garden estate. This is frequented by many of the regulars as well as many groups of people who like to chill...
Night Life & Entertainment: BZB (Bar)
Fishing paradise which is located in Bottle Tree Park is the ideal place for anglers to try out big game fishing here in Singapore. This pond...
Outdoors Activities: Big Game Fishing
New Orleans, Louisiana
It would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Preservation Hall