Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of the garden, surrounding the museum. It was amazing and to know that tree has been standing there for centuries. Mind-blowing.
We took a lot of pictures in the garden, it is beautiful, photography wasn't allowed in the museum, unfortunately. I highly recommend this museum. There are quite many locals and visitors taking tours in the museum so its not just me that enjoyed himself there.
829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, USA
Admission is $10, free on Tuesdays.
Tue-Sun: 10am to 4pm (until 5pm on Sat/Sun and on Tuesday till 9pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- The Homestead RestaurantThis place is really nice. The Homestead Restaurant as a homey feeling to it, with an amazing staff who are smiling all the time, making you feel more at home. We loved their Crab Bisque Cup and their Grouper Pesada dishes. Not to mention [...]D: 11.4mi00
- E2ride Bike ToursIt was one of the best ways to learn more about the city and its history. The e2ride Bike Tours have several guided tours and we plan to take part on each of them eventually, and the first we went to was the Riverside-Avondale tour. There [...]D: 10mi10
- Restaurant Orsay in JacksonvilleIt was the best place we've dined since our stay in Jacksonville. The staff in the Restaurant Orsay is great, always at your side but not hovering all the time. The food is just absolutely delicious not to mention their mouthwatering [...]D: 10.3mi00
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Fort Caroline National MemorialHistory, culture, religion, battles and people; this is what Fort Caroline National Memorial is all about. In the heart of the Timucuan Preserve, Fort Caroline provides glimpses of the time when the French were occupying the area. It was [...]D: 12.7mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you are holidaying on a budget but don’t want to compromise on quality, our Sydney hotel deal for tonight is perfect for you. Our hotels in...
General: Sydney Hotel Deals for Tonight
Old Montreal is famous for its history which tells of trade, politics, entertainment and immigration. Many people, mostly from France and England...
History & Culture: The Old Town of Montreal
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
The city was occupied and reconquered many times. This is why the city has a 4,5 km coastwall protection. You can see it wherever you go is...
History & Culture: Walls, lookouts and gateways
Choose your favorite holiday destination across the world and book your tour with us as we offer very exciting deals on all holiday or travel...
General: Cheap Holiday Packages
Monforte D'alba, Italy
Some parts of the estate are as old as 1600, it is really a nice place, you can see how an Italian estate looked like hundred years ago. The...
Food: Azienda agricola Fantino Alessandro e Gian Natale
CLIMATE Morocco has several climatic zones, yet it is sunny for most of the year. Generally, the north has a Mediterranean climate, whereas it is...
History & Culture: Travel Tips For Morocco
With a huge variety of exhibitions and collection, the Milwaukee Public Museum is maybe the best in town, or in the US. Ranging from vegetation to...
History & Culture: Milwaukee Public Museum
San Antonio, Texas
The most imposing and rich building we saw in San Antonio was the Steves Homestead, built in the late 19th century. Home of a wealthy tradesman,...
History & Culture: Steves Homestead
Viet Tri, Vietnam
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam You arrive Tan Son Nhat (Saigon) International Airport. Transfer from Airport to Ho Chi Minh City at any...
Sightseeing: Luxury Ho Chi Minh City-Hanoi Tour 10 Days/9 Nights