Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of the garden, surrounding the museum. It was amazing and to know that tree has been standing there for centuries. Mind-blowing.
We took a lot of pictures in the garden, it is beautiful, photography wasn't allowed in the museum, unfortunately. I highly recommend this museum. There are quite many locals and visitors taking tours in the museum so its not just me that enjoyed himself there.
829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, USA
Admission is $10, free on Tuesdays.
Tue-Sun: 10am to 4pm (until 5pm on Sat/Sun and on Tuesday till 9pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Daruma Japanese RestaurantSometimes a little too crowded, the Daruma Japanese Restaurant is THE place to go to when you wan to eat something really delicious in a friendly environment. They provide excellent service, I was very satisfied with their proficiency and [...]D: 9.3mi00
- Jacksonville Zoo and GardensThe train ride was the greatest for the kids in the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. They were able to watch the animals that weren't so courageous to come out from their hiding place or the ones that took refuge in the shades from the hot [...]D: 14.1mi00
- Hala Cafe and BakeryThe most tasty food I've ever tasted in Jacksonville was in Hala Cafe and Bakery. They have a wide variety of Greek and Middle-Eastern dishes and if you try one of them, you will definitely come back to try the other specialties too. [...]D: 5.2mi00
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- The Homestead RestaurantThis place is really nice. The Homestead Restaurant as a homey feeling to it, with an amazing staff who are smiling all the time, making you feel more at home. We loved their Crab Bisque Cup and their Grouper Pesada dishes. Not to mention [...]D: 11.4mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
If you are at Heraklion, visit the archaeoligical museum. There you can see famous findings, also the bull´s head called Monitaurus and the Snakes...
History & Culture: Archaeological museum of Iraklio
If you want to have a little beach break, just stop there and camp in the woods near the beach! Go there by train or car.
Outdoors Activities: Beach Break
If you are at this city, and you plan to go in the south, check the actual time schedules of the train and bus, if you want to use it.
Public Transportation: Traveling
My hometown is now the fifth largest city in all Japan, but in 1857 its inhabitants numbered only 7 people. After it was chosen as an...
General: Sapporo, my favorite city
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
There are a lot of options and packages to for travelers to explore Cambodia and Laos together on a single multi destination holiday, this options...
Sightseeing: Cambodia and Laos travel
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Serangoon Garden Estate, Singapore
Time in a bottle is one of the many bars that is located along Serangoon garden estate. It is a very popular bar among the locals and among the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Time in a bottle (Bar)
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Located in the trendy Alphabet district, this cafe is the big city equivalent of a French village cafe/bakery. If you want to drink your...
Food: St. Honore Boulangerie