Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of the garden, surrounding the museum. It was amazing and to know that tree has been standing there for centuries. Mind-blowing.
We took a lot of pictures in the garden, it is beautiful, photography wasn't allowed in the museum, unfortunately. I highly recommend this museum. There are quite many locals and visitors taking tours in the museum so its not just me that enjoyed himself there.
829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, USA
Admission is $10, free on Tuesdays.
Tue-Sun: 10am to 4pm (until 5pm on Sat/Sun and on Tuesday till 9pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Timucuan Ecological & Historic PreserveThere are so many things to see and to learn about in the Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve that one day wouldn't be enough, maybe. If you decide to visit the Preserve, you shouldn't miss The Fort Caroline Memorial, the [...]D: 12.7mi00
- Jacksonville Museum of Modern ArtA small museum with a variety of of artworks from famous and less famous artists. The Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art is also open for families on Sundays free of charge. For those who like modern art, or are learning about it, or just [...]D: 9.8mi00
- The Homestead RestaurantThis place is really nice. The Homestead Restaurant as a homey feeling to it, with an amazing staff who are smiling all the time, making you feel more at home. We loved their Crab Bisque Cup and their Grouper Pesada dishes. Not to mention [...]D: 11.4mi00
- Eco Motion TourIt was a really great way to explore Fort George Island and to learn more about the habitat there. The Eco Motion Tour guide was knowledgeable, smart and funny. We were told many things about the islands background history, flora and fauna. [...]D: 17.8mi00
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
When you are in Füssen, then you can go to a big castle called 'Schloss Schwanstein'.
General: Schloss Schwanstein
If you like model railways you should definitely visit the world biggest railway model at hamburg. It is really great set up aqnd displays a huge...
Family & Fun: The world largest modelrailway
IF you are around at christmas, you should visit that chsitmas market at the city. It´s really famous and you can enjoy shopping, drinking a cup...
Shopping: Christkindlmarkt in the inner city
Tivoli Garden is the oldest of the amusement parks in the world, they say that Walt Disney got his idea of Disneyland from here. It is situated in...
General: Tivoli Gardens
You can get a discount at the entertainment park entrance if you keep your parking ticket :)
General: Save your money
The most beautiful thing near my city is lake Baikal. Many tourists come here to see it every year. Lake Baikal is the oldest (25 million years)...
General: Amazing lake Baikal near my city
Newton food centre is very much known for its seafood. Singaporeans as well as tourist are always seen in this area dining on the seafood that is...
Food: Newton food centre
We wen to learn some dancing in the Sons of Herman Hall and it ended up to be one the greatest nights of our stay in Dallas. The 'teachers'...
Night Life & Entertainment: Sons of Hermann Hall
Fort Worth, Texas
Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, the Zambrano Wine Cellar is a perfect place for a friend-outing, a date or business dinner. It has a warm,...
Food: Zambrano Wine Cellar
Santa Ana, California
Santa Ana Artists Village is the heart of the town's cultural venues and events. Full of art galleries that feature contemporary, local and...
History & Culture: Santora Arts Building