Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville, Florida
Travel tips > North America > United States > Jacksonville > Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
We were absolutely starstruck by the huge, old cummer oak tree in the heart of the garden, surrounding the museum. It was amazing and to know that tree has been standing there for centuries. Mind-blowing.
We took a lot of pictures in the garden, it is beautiful, photography wasn't allowed in the museum, unfortunately. I highly recommend this museum. There are quite many locals and visitors taking tours in the museum so its not just me that enjoyed himself there.
829 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32204, USA
Admission is $10, free on Tuesdays.
Tue-Sun: 10am to 4pm (until 5pm on Sat/Sun and on Tuesday till 9pm)
On the web:
Recent travel tips for Jacksonville
- Museum of Southern HistoryThough not much from outside, the Museum of Southern History is a small gem about the wars between the states, the artillery and their guns. It has amazing exhibits, very few, unfortunately, being funded by sponsors and not by the state, [...]D: 9.7mi00
- Restaurant Orsay in JacksonvilleIt was the best place we've dined since our stay in Jacksonville. The staff in the Restaurant Orsay is great, always at your side but not hovering all the time. The food is just absolutely delicious not to mention their mouthwatering [...]D: 10.3mi00
- Little Talbot Island State ParkThe best of our stay in Jacksonville. We spent the whole day out camping in Little Talbot Island State Park. It was amazing and wonderful. There are so many things to do there from wildlife watching to hiking, surfing and kayaking. You [...]D: 16.6mi00
- Green Papaya RestaurantFor a little bit of Asian feeling and some Thai food you should definitely visit the Green Papaya Restaurant in North Jacksonville. They serve delicious Asian food with made from fresh ingredients and aromatic spices. Though we weren't [...]D: 19mi00
- Ruth's Chris Steak House in JacksonvillePerfect for a business or a private dining, Ruth's Chris Steak House provides a variety of dishes for any meat-lover or vegetarian. Although, I'd rather go for the meat. ;) Having restaurant all over the US, Ruth's is a popular [...]D: 9.2mi00
Things about Jacksonville you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to go shopping on a high level, go to Zurich. There´s much you can do there in that sense.
General: Shopping in the city center
Hello to all, the Association organizes travel in Natura & Avventura desertakakus,Travel is the best way to discover desert. We are a small...
General: Natura & Avventura
Palma De Mallorca, Spain
If you are at Palma, you should definitely make an excursion through the backlands of the city. The nature there is very nice and there arent the...
Outdoors Activities: The marvellous nature surrounding the city
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
If you love the art on metal, this is the best place to get astonished with some fabulous metal work. Museum of Kutch basically represent the...
History & Culture: Museum of Kutch
The best time to enjoy the fantastic beaches of the city is from December to March. Its starts raining April onwards making the sea rough.
Sightseeing: Best time to travel
In this area, called 'cinque terre', you can take wounderful walks in the nature. You can start in the coastal town Levanto and wander to for exte...
General: Cinque terre
The Hague, Netherlands
Restaurant The Hague: Welcome Restaurant Alexander You are looking for a restaurant in The Hague, welcome at Restaurant Alexander in the...
Food: Restaurant Alexander in The Hague
Los Angeles, California
This place is great if you enjoy fresh and rich Mexican food. I love the food there and the drinks of course. The atmosphere is also special.
Food: Tacos Baja Ensenada
Entertaining and informative in the same time, the tour we took in the Lakefront Brewery was well worth the time and money. The tour guide was...
Sightseeing: Lakefront Brewery