Basilica Cistern, Istanbul, Turkey
Travel tips > Europe > Turkey > Istanbul > Basilica Cistern
- Sightseeing travel tip
- City center
There are some columns that have on their base the shape of Medusa heads, which look really interesting. There is also a kind of small pond with fishes and as I heard, you have to drop a coin in and make a wish. Just like a wishing well, only this one is underground. Go check it out, we liked it!
Hippodrome of Constantinople, Binbirdirek Mh., 34122 Istanbul Province/Istanbul, Turkey
Recent travel tips for Istanbul
- Galata TowerWe wanted to take some pictures of Istanbul so we decided to go up the Galata Tower and have a glimpse of the city. The view from up there is absolutely beautiful. we took turns in posing for photos and we had much fun. The only thing I [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)One of the most beautiful architectural buildings, the Hagia Sophia, also known as Ayasofya, was originally built as a Christian (Byzantine) Church, but after the 16th century it has been converted into a mosque and nowadays serves as a [...]D: 0.9mi00
- One Nation Travel TurkeyWe thought that for the first time it would be great not to organize our trips in a foreign city ourselves, so we booked in advance for a 6-Day Istanbul Package with One Nation Travel Turkey agency. We were picked from the airport on our [...]D: 0.7mi11
- Sultanahmet - The Blue MosqueIt's official name is Sultanahmet, after Ahmet I, who ordered it's construction. It is next to Hagia Sophia, but it's six minarets and cascading domes dominate the view of the city. There was some scandal, because only the Great Haram [...]D: 1.1mi00
- Byzantine HippodromeOriginally the home of sports games in the Byzantine period, the Hippodrome has been later converted into a park. It is open to the public all day long and is quite close to other major attractions such as the Ayasofya, the Blue Mosque or [...]D: 0.9mi00
Things about Istanbul you may be interested in
Istanbul Travel guideThe best way to explore the city is using the Dolmus which is an economical means of transport that operates on fixed routes. Besides that, buses and taxis are also available in plenty which can be used for traveling. Places of attraction Istanbul offers plenty of sightseeing places for the visitors to see which includes the popular Hagia Sophia which is one of the most famous [...]
More travel tips you might be interested in
The national Gallery of Canada is an amazing art collection. The building of the gallery will catch you at first sight, it is a piece of art with...
History & Culture: National Gallery of Canada
I guess whoever has not yet seen any real tides you should go to the North Sea located North of Germany. I visited the small island Foehr last week...
Outdoors Activities: Walking on the Wattenmeer
Brewery restaurant Teerenpeli is a great place for drink in Lahti. They brew their on beer and cider. Teerenpeli is also one of the...
Food: Teerenpeli - Best place for a pint
If a german visits the sistine chapel, he should also visit the 'campo santo'. It reaches back in medieval times and you´re only allowed to enter...
General: Campo Santo
This church has become a sort of visiting card for Vilnius. It is considered to be the masterpiece of late Lithuanian Gothic. It's a must to see...
Sightseeing: St. Ann's Church
There are literally thousands of food options in Singapore and for any visitor the sheer choice can be overwhelming. This guide leads you on a...
Food: 10 Foods You Must Try in Singapore
Buffalo, New York
It may not be a grand museum, or a metropolitan-like gallery, but the Albright-Knox Art Gallery is definitely worth visiting. It is intimate, a...
History & Culture: Albright-Knox Art Gallery
Sunset on the Beach is the kind of entertainment that should be offered in every city. It is fantastic, it's a free movie place on the beach. ...
Night Life & Entertainment: Sunset on the Beach
Between seeing two of the most impressive attractions of Orlando (Universal Studios and Disney World), you can stop for a bite to eat at Café Tu...
Food: Café Tu Tu Tango
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets