The Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > The Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit
- Sports & Wellness travel tip
- City center
The arena was built in between 1977-1979 and was named after a heavyweight and boxer champion who grew up in the city, Joe Louis. After its opening the arena was called the ‘Joe Louis Warehouse’ but after Marian and Mike Ilitch bought the team in 1982 the building got a new look with fresh, hockey-style design. The whole arena, especially in high season, when the games or other championships are on, is a magnificent sight and an interesting attraction to see.
600 Civic Center Dr, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
- Tips for Detroit ZooThe Detroit zoo is a family attraction though I also enjoyed visiting it with friends. However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went there it was really hot and there were so many people and screaming children that we [...]D: 11.8mi00
- A fountain on Belle IsleAs a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. Many see it like an oasis in the middle of a metropolitan area and are happy to finish [...]D: 2.7mi00
- Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit TigersThis park is the home of the Detroit Tigers. It has a huge stadium where you can watch the match. The old seats were changed; the new ones are much more comfortable and your view is not obstructed anymore either. The baseball cuisine is [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Public Transportation in DetroitAs its name also suggests, this local tourist transportation moves people from one attraction to the other. The railway is up high in the sky, so the view from the train is something worthwhile. You are given an insight into the city’s [...]D: 1.2mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Rheinfälle at Schaffhausen are really some kind of nature play. Big and impressing the rive Rhine has got waterfalls there. You can either...
Outdoors Activities: The big waterfall called Rheinfälle
Oxford, United Kingdom
Sightseeing buses may seem as a waste of time and money, but in the case of towns like Oxford I would say that they are the perfect choice. Oxford...
History & Culture: Sightseeing in Oxford with the bus
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
Tripoli - Sabrata - Nalut - Ghadames - Ghat - Acacus - Murzuk Sand Sea -Wadi Mathendoush - Germa - Ubari Sand Sea – Desert Lakes - Sabha -...
General: Detailed tour tip
Place Jemaa El Fna is the main square in the city of Marrakech. Its a great place to watch some Moroccans charm snakes or sit down and get a sleeve...
Sightseeing: Place Jemaa El Fna
If like to go to the beaches of Lima, you should be always careful. For an tourist it would be good, not to go to the beaches away from Lima more...
Outdoors Activities: Beaches at Lima
Keep local currency take loose clothes with you avoid skirts and mini skirts kinda dress
Food: Travel to pakistan
Though it is a bit far from the city (about 88 miles to the North), it is a place which is worth a visit, even if you're not a pilgrim or a...
History & Culture: Fatima near Lisbon
Charlotte, North Carolina
Though it is a bit tucked away, you should definitely try to find this cozy little place because if you like great American food in a homey...
Food: Barrington's Restaurant
This is the most amazing children's museum we've been at. My children just couldn't get enough of it. There are so many interactive things to do...
Family & Fun: The Phoenix Children's Museum