The Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > The Joe Lewis Arena in Detroit
- Sports & Wellness travel tip
- City center
The arena was built in between 1977-1979 and was named after a heavyweight and boxer champion who grew up in the city, Joe Louis. After its opening the arena was called the ‘Joe Louis Warehouse’ but after Marian and Mike Ilitch bought the team in 1982 the building got a new look with fresh, hockey-style design. The whole arena, especially in high season, when the games or other championships are on, is a magnificent sight and an interesting attraction to see.
600 Civic Center Dr, Detroit, MI 48226, USA
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- A visit at Detroit Institute of ArtIt was a new experience to go to a museum and take part at activities and ‘concerts’. I went with a group of friends to visit the museum and we were lucky that it was Friday night because we were told there are interesting [...]D: 2.5mi00
- Greektown - A Bit of Europe in DetroitI was so amazed when I went to see the famous Greektown district in downtown Detroit last summer. I would have never thought a district such as this could survive for so long. It is said that there were Germans who first established the [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Knightsbridge Antique MallThis store is one of the best places to buy antiques, souvenirs or collectibles. The staff is really friendly, they are willing to help in any way they can, and you don’t have that bad felling that you’re annoying them. For those who [...]D: 23.6mi00
- Henry Ford Museum in DetroitThis museum a like a fantasy land. It is full of historical and scientific exhibitions and you don’t even know which one to go see. My first trip was to Greenfield Village which takes you back in time and offers a great tour of [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Family Get AwayFamily Fun getaway for my family and friends with love [...]D: n/a00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Goa, Burkina Faso
About to turn 30? Well, there's no reason to panic. In fact, you should enjoy the new stage of your life. However, there are some things one must...
General: 7 Must Visit Destinations Before You Turn 30
Tarcoles, Costa Rica
Tarcoles means Crocodile in the native language of 1500 Costa Rica. The only reason to ever go to this town is to see the Crocodile Man Tour. The...
Outdoors Activities: Crocodile Man Tour
Better visit the locals for lunch then going to restaurants that serve not so traditional French food like pizza. Locals are very kind and you can...
Food: Traditional food
Islands shouldn't be missed for a Croatian experience. Some information about Island Rab at http://www.rabholidays.com
General: Islands of the Adriatic sea
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
New Delhi, India
Rajasthan - the land of exquisite monuments, picturesque lakes, blossoming gardens and it is one of the most admired tourism destination of the...
General: Monuments, forts, palaces and lakes in Rajasthan
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Welcome To the Kingdom of Cambodia Cambodia is one of the safest and most fascinating destinations in Asia. The country is blessed with a rich...
Sightseeing: Tour packages cambodia ( www.luxurytravelvietnam.com)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
This restaurant is one of the finest, and most sought-after places in Philly, and no wonder because their mainly Japanese cuisine, but basically...
Food: Buddakan Restaurant in Philadelphia
Check out my blog http://ebloggor.blogspot.com Average preice for an entree is under $10.00 and there is a great pub and a wonderful Southwest...
Food: Best Restaurant