Fairly cheap St.Regis, Detroit, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Fairly cheap St.Regis
- General travel tip
- City center
Anyway our choice fell on the St. Regis hotel which is a huge 6 floor building in the center of Detroit. It is only a 3.5-star hotel but their services are quite high-leveled and the staff is really friendly and helpful. We were put in a room which had wireless internet access, CD, DVD-players, cable TV with premium channels and even coffee maker which earned them a huge plus considering we cannot start the day without the morning coffee.
Another plus for the hotel is that it is quite close to various tourist attractions, such as Detroit Children's Museum (about half a mile away), Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit Science Center (one mile) and Fox Theater Building amongst others. Unfortunately we didn’t have enough time to visit every one of them but at least this way we’ll have a reason to come in visit again.
3071 West Grand Boulevard
Detroit, MI 48202
From $75 a night.
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Merriot - Great place to stay in DetroitIt may be one of the most expensive hotels, but Detroit Marriot Renaissance Center is the best place where you can stay in an air-conditioned room on a hot summer day and enjoy a breathtaking view of the town. This was my first thought as [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Greektown - A Bit of Europe in DetroitI was so amazed when I went to see the famous Greektown district in downtown Detroit last summer. I would have never thought a district such as this could survive for so long. It is said that there were Germans who first established the [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Henry Ford Museum in DetroitThis museum a like a fantasy land. It is full of historical and scientific exhibitions and you don’t even know which one to go see. My first trip was to Greenfield Village which takes you back in time and offers a great tour of [...]D: 10.8mi00
- Knightsbridge Antique MallThis store is one of the best places to buy antiques, souvenirs or collectibles. The staff is really friendly, they are willing to help in any way they can, and you don’t have that bad felling that you’re annoying them. For those who [...]D: 23.6mi00
- The Joe Lewis Arena in DetroitThis huge arena is just on the banks of the Detroit River and until now has hosted the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings 11 times. It is the home of the town’s hockey team they are very proud of, and additionally the area around the [...]D: 1.5mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
Visit the Munich Oktoberfest. Have a Schweinshaxe (pork knuckle) at Franziskaner or Augustiner Keller. Drink real Bavarian beer and of course...
General: Schweinshaxe and Weissbier on the Oktoberfest
This great park was once a fortress damaged in 1878. Now it is a beautiful garden and home of exhibitions. The best place in Barcelona to spend a...
Sightseeing: Parc de la Ciutadella
This castle has a very long and even more interesting history. It was built by King Alfonso XI in 1328 not fat from the old Moorish fortress having...
History & Culture: Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Train station straight to Manchester airport
Public Transportation: Going to the Manchester airport
If you want to visit the wonderful and peaceful island of Schinoussa(Greece)the Blue Star Ferries have two direct lines, one on Sunday and the...
Public Transportation: Travel to Schinoussa
Icelanders love their coffee. In fact, they enjoy it so much that Iceland is ranked fourth in the world for its coffee habit. It's guessed that...
Food: Where to Eat and Drink in Reykjavik ?
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
I have been here only once, but it was so great. The Planetarium functions since 1930 and is not only a planetarium but also a chain of exhibits. ...
Sightseeing: Adler Planetarium
Sankt Anton Am Arlberg, Austria
If you like skiing, you should definitely go there. The place, lying in the austrian alps, has got more than 85 lifts and about 280 kilometers of...
Outdoors Activities: Skiing