Tips for Detroit Zoo, Michigan
Travel tips > North America > United States > Detroit > Tips for Detroit Zoo
- Family & Fun travel tip
- City center
However we were a bit unlucky, because the day we went there it was really hot and there were so many people and screaming children that we couldn’t really enjoy ourselves. We went to watch the giraffes and kangaroos but they were indoors hiding from the hot sun.
It was a good thing we went with comfortable shoes, because even if we didn’t stay so long the zoo is pretty big and we had a long time to get back to the gates. I will definitely go back again but on a more chilled day and when it’s not so crowded.
W 10 Mile Rd, MI, USA
Recent travel tips for Detroit
- Benihana - the best sushi in DetroitI was a bit excited to go dining to Benihana because it was the first time I have tasted sushi. My friend took me there saying it’s the best Japanese restaurant in town and they serve excellent sushi, so I decided to go with him. It [...]D: 7.6mi00
- Comerica Park - Home of the Detroit TigersThis park is the home of the Detroit Tigers. It has a huge stadium where you can watch the match. The old seats were changed; the new ones are much more comfortable and your view is not obstructed anymore either. The baseball cuisine is [...]D: 1.1mi10
- Detroit Princess RiverboatThe view of the city and the river from the deck of the Detroit Princess Riverboat is beautiful and breathtaking. During the 2.5 hour trip, you can relax, eat, listen to live music and enjoy the view. What’s best that you are not obliged [...]D: 0.7mi00
- Hard Rock Cafe in DetroitI could easily say it was one of the worst nights of my life in a restaurant when I decided to go to Hard Rock Café with my friend. First, one of the employees shouted at me when I accidentally bumped into him. Then we were seated at [...]D: 1mi00
- A fountain on Belle IsleAs a big island on the Detroit River, Belle Isle has been a heavenly getaway for people who are in the middle of the city’s busy everyday life. Many see it like an oasis in the middle of a metropolitan area and are happy to finish [...]D: 2.7mi00
Things about Detroit you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Middle Bridge connects lessor Basel with main Basel. In the medieval days this bridge was half wood and half stone. The reason they did this...
Sightseeing: Middle Bridge
Guiyuang Si is the temple of the Original Tranquility, a very important Buddhist temple in China, located on the Cuiwei street. It was built in...
History & Culture: Guiyuan Si Monastery
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
If you want to spend a chilled night with good, cheap beer, you have to visit the 'Schinderhannes'. It´s a good atmosphere and you receive an good...
Night Life & Entertainment: Bar with nice beer garden
Salford, United Kingdom
UK Minibus Hire is a minibus hire company in the United Kingdom. We are offering to book local minibus around many popular regions Sheffield,...
Public Transportation: Ukminibuses Travel
I was here as a kid but I remember that very close to this city (or maybe it was in the city...) is a place where you can see dolphin shows.
Family & Fun: Dolphin shows in Navodari
Singapore City, Singapore
This place is the place to go for those who would like to go for a treasure hunt, for all types of items, as the saying “one’s man...
Shopping: Thieves Flea Market @ Sungei Road, Singapore
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
New Orleans, Louisiana
It would be just plain wring to leave New Orleans without listening live to some real New Orleans jazz, and there's no better place for it then the...
Night Life & Entertainment: Preservation Hall
San Antonio, Texas
We had a relaxing afternoon walking through the San Antonio Japanese Tea Gardens and enjoying the warm, sunny day with a drink and a sandwich in...
Sightseeing: San Antonio Japanese Tea Gardens