Understand the system, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Understand the system
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The city is divided into three zones of public transportation. Zone \'A\' includes the city center and is served by the S-Bahn network. Zone \'B\' covers the whole city, until the city borders. Zone \'C\' also includes surrounding areas like Potsdam and Schoenefeld Airport.
You can buy combined (AB, BC, ABC) tickets for the areas you want to visit.
There is a wide offer of tickets for each zone from the 1.30 Euro short distance ticket, that is valid within four stops, to the 26.20 Euro 7 days ticket for the Zone AB.
Children under 6 don\'t need a ticket and children between 6 and 14 need to pay a reduced tariff. You purchase your tickets from sales centers or from machines at the stations.
It is very easy and you can get anywhere with it. I think it is the best to use public transportation unless you have plenty of time, because the city is very big and there are very many things to see.
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Brandenburg GateThe Brandenburg Gate is the symbol of the unification of East and West Berlin as it stood on no-man's land during the cold war and was reopened in December 1989. It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top [...]D: 1mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Berlin Zoo and AqariumThe Berlin Zoo is just amazing. It is the oldest zoo in Germany and it's huge. Gives home to more than 14,000 animals of 1,500 species. They have a giant panda, orang-utans, rhinos and many other rare and amazing animals. My favorites were [...]D: 6.1mi00
- The Bird SteakhouseI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Hotel and accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for businessman and other people need to remain often for...
General: Brisbane Hotels and Accommodation
Brief Introduction of Yangshuo: Yangshuo is famous for its picturesque landscape and the hopping West Street. Here you must be absorbed in the...
Sightseeing: Different Li River in Different Seasons.
When going to this place make sure you stay at a 4star,you will enjoy your holiday better.
Prague, Czech Republic
If you want to buy a really stylish souvenir and have some extra money to spend, Art Deco Galerie is a great place. They sell items from the golden...
Shopping: Art Deco Galerie
This is a fantastic Park in Munich. It's not as central as the English Garden, but more relaxing, and the best place to really calm down from a...
Outdoors Activities: Schlosspark Nymphenburg
If you are at Potsdam, you really should visit Sanssouci, the big palace and garden area, built by Friedrich the great, the prussian king...
General: The Sanssouci palace
There is an amazing park in the center of the city, a park with palm trees and little bridges over a pretty watercourse. Don't miss it!
Family & Fun: Park in the heart of the city
Bruzli is right, the traffic can be desperately slow. Here are the ticket prices: daily ticket - 1,500 HUF (5 Euro), 3 days tourist pass 3,700 HUF...
Public Transportation: Public transportation ticket prices from 2009
Costa Rica, Mexico
Lost in Santa a local expression, perfectly describes what happens to many, me included, when they discover this incredibly valuable gem on the...
Family & Fun: The Lost in Santa a local Expression
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya