Understand the system, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Understand the system
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
The city is divided into three zones of public transportation. Zone \'A\' includes the city center and is served by the S-Bahn network. Zone \'B\' covers the whole city, until the city borders. Zone \'C\' also includes surrounding areas like Potsdam and Schoenefeld Airport.
You can buy combined (AB, BC, ABC) tickets for the areas you want to visit.
There is a wide offer of tickets for each zone from the 1.30 Euro short distance ticket, that is valid within four stops, to the 26.20 Euro 7 days ticket for the Zone AB.
Children under 6 don\'t need a ticket and children between 6 and 14 need to pay a reduced tariff. You purchase your tickets from sales centers or from machines at the stations.
It is very easy and you can get anywhere with it. I think it is the best to use public transportation unless you have plenty of time, because the city is very big and there are very many things to see.
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Brandenburg GateThe Brandenburg Gate is the symbol of the unification of East and West Berlin as it stood on no-man's land during the cold war and was reopened in December 1989. It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top [...]D: 1mi00
- Tiergarten parkIf you want to relax in the middle of Berlin, you can visit the park called Tierpark. It´s the green lung of the city. Close to it there are mayn sights you might also visit, like the 'Schloss Belvue', the 'Siegessäule', the 'Reichstag' [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
- CityTourCard MuseumsinselThe CityTourCard Museumsinsel allows you to use the public transportation in the urban area (A and B) of Berlin. More than that, the Card gives you free admission into all the museums of the Museumsinsel (Old National Gallery, Altes Museum, [...]D: 0.9mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Hotel and accommodation in Brisbane is most lovely, engaging and low cost accommodation for businessman and other people need to remain often for...
General: Brisbane Hotels and Accommodation
Located on the northern part of Lhasa is the residence of the Dalai Lama, the leader of the Buddhist religion. The Palace is also a World Heritage...
History & Culture: Potala Palace
Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
After eating Costa Rican food for days, you might want to change it up and head down to Jungle Love. This is one of the best restaurants in Costa...
Food: Jungle Love
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
ISLANDA AEREO + CAMPER A NOLEGGIO 1 Italia Islanda Arrivo in Islanda al tardi pomeriggio, pernottamento in hotel 2 Rejkjavick - Skogafoss ...
General: Italia Islanda
The best time to of the year for booking a Myanmar tours specially for an Irrawaddy cruise holiday would be during the cool and dry season when the...
Outdoors Activities: Best Time for Irrawaddy Cruise experience
Fort Collins, Colorado
Really good coffee: Moxie Java on Harmony. Not the best location, but great flavor and friendly baristas.
Food: My favorite coffee
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own
This museum is so full of fun and creativity that even adults will find themselves liking it, and children will absolutely adore it. All the...
Family & Fun: Portland Children's Museum
Cooking class 1How great would it be to be able to return home from your time in Vietnam, to dazzle your family and friends...
Food: Hanoi Cooking Classes Tour