Checkpoint Charlie Museum, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Checkpoint Charlie Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they have rebuilt it. Right next to the tower you will find the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie. This museum is a chronicle of the divided city and of those who tried to escape to the dream-like West, some succeeded and many failed and died.
Maybe the entrance is not very cheap, but I think it's definitely something everyone should see once in a lifetime.
Haus am Checkpoint Charlie
Adults 12,50 Euro
Pupils and students 9,50 Euro
There are also discounts for groups.
Every day from 9am to 10 pm.
How to get there:
The closest U-Bahn station is Kochstrasse (U6).
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Brandenburg GateThe Brandenburg Gate is the symbol of the unification of East and West Berlin as it stood on no-man's land during the cold war and was reopened in December 1989. It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top [...]D: 1mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
- CityTourCard MuseumsinselThe CityTourCard Museumsinsel allows you to use the public transportation in the urban area (A and B) of Berlin. More than that, the Card gives you free admission into all the museums of the Museumsinsel (Old National Gallery, Altes Museum, [...]D: 0.9mi00
- Tiergarten parkIf you want to relax in the middle of Berlin, you can visit the park called Tierpark. It´s the green lung of the city. Close to it there are mayn sights you might also visit, like the 'Schloss Belvue', the 'Siegessäule', the 'Reichstag' [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Berlin Zoo and AqariumThe Berlin Zoo is just amazing. It is the oldest zoo in Germany and it's huge. Gives home to more than 14,000 animals of 1,500 species. They have a giant panda, orang-utans, rhinos and many other rare and amazing animals. My favorites were [...]D: 6.1mi00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Check your holiday acommodation 100%, if you rent a holiday house.
General: Holiday house
Oxford, United Kingdom
Sightseeing buses may seem as a waste of time and money, but in the case of towns like Oxford I would say that they are the perfect choice. Oxford...
History & Culture: Sightseeing in Oxford with the bus
If you are interested in history and you like old castles, don't miss the Castle of Eger. It is very well maintained, it has a museum, a torture...
History & Culture: The Castle of Eger
Near the river Pushpavati, there is an artistic legacy standing as Modhera Sun Temple. What carving, what detailing!!! The most amazing thing is...
General: Modhera Sun Temple
The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia, was built in 1447 from an ancient votive chapel, within a single day. This should give saefty...
General: The Basilica of Santa Maria della Misericordia
Cathedral Basilica and Bell Tower Once upon a time there was a King named Mindaugas who lived in what’s today Vilnius. The king was born a...
If you are at Amsterdam, a boattrip on the so called Grachten is must do. In Amsterdam the net of the Grachten, netherland for canals, is about 80...
Outdoors Activities: Roundtrip on the 'Grachten'
Coimbra's University is one of the oldest in the world. It is located on the highest point of the upper town, where once the royal palace stood. ...
Sightseeing: The Old University
Near the cave just about a 1 mile you can find a great place for camping, with grass and a little brook
General: A little camping
Cary, North Carolina
There is a great Paris metro app called Zuti for $5 that helps you navigate the system without looking very touristy carrying around a map.
Public Transportation: Paris Metro