Checkpoint Charlie Museum, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Checkpoint Charlie Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they have rebuilt it. Right next to the tower you will find the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie. This museum is a chronicle of the divided city and of those who tried to escape to the dream-like West, some succeeded and many failed and died.
Maybe the entrance is not very cheap, but I think it's definitely something everyone should see once in a lifetime.
Haus am Checkpoint Charlie
Adults 12,50 Euro
Pupils and students 9,50 Euro
There are also discounts for groups.
Every day from 9am to 10 pm.
How to get there:
The closest U-Bahn station is Kochstrasse (U6).
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Tiergarten parkIf you want to relax in the middle of Berlin, you can visit the park called Tierpark. It´s the green lung of the city. Close to it there are mayn sights you might also visit, like the 'Schloss Belvue', the 'Siegessäule', the 'Reichstag' [...]D: 1.6mi00
- The Bird SteakhouseI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Brandenburg GateThe Brandenburg Gate is the symbol of the unification of East and West Berlin as it stood on no-man's land during the cold war and was reopened in December 1989. It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top [...]D: 1mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Forstau is ideal for families with small kids. There are some great skischools where you can left your kids from 10am till 3pm. They take care for...
Family & Fun: Ski Vacation with Kids
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
London, United Kingdom
I need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel withi need a partner to travel with
General: Travel partner
You really shouldn´t miss the area of the ancient Corinthos with the remnants of the temple of Apollo and the great agora of the city.
General: The temple of Apollo
Don't forget to take a boat trip on the lakes of Killarney, it is a wonderful experience, something you will never forget. The landscape is...
Outdoors Activities: The Lakes of Killarney
Golden Triangle Tour, Ranthambore Tour, South India Tour, Rajasthan With Goa Tour
General: Tour and Travel in India
If you like to go shopping or watching the old souk of Hammamet, take yourself a taxi. Busses arent reliable and a Taxi isnt much expensive. While...
General: Toursit location
Picturesque and worthwhile, the National Taiwan Memorial Hall is an imposing building surrounded by gardens and parkways along a 62-acres land. ...
History & Culture: National Taiwan Memorial Hall
Long Beach, California
Japanese gardens are always impressing, weather you visit one in its original location or around the world. The Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden...
Sightseeing: Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
Lots to do here. Beaches, Mystic Seaport Museum, New England towns, History and more
Sightseeing: Part of Stonington, CT