Checkpoint Charlie Museum, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Checkpoint Charlie Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they have rebuilt it. Right next to the tower you will find the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie. This museum is a chronicle of the divided city and of those who tried to escape to the dream-like West, some succeeded and many failed and died.
Maybe the entrance is not very cheap, but I think it's definitely something everyone should see once in a lifetime.
Haus am Checkpoint Charlie
Adults 12,50 Euro
Pupils and students 9,50 Euro
There are also discounts for groups.
Every day from 9am to 10 pm.
How to get there:
The closest U-Bahn station is Kochstrasse (U6).
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Pergamon MuseumThis is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is the Ishtar Gate, which is simply amazing. Also they have the Pergamon Altar. There are also a [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Bird SteakhouseI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Berlin Zoo and AqariumThe Berlin Zoo is just amazing. It is the oldest zoo in Germany and it's huge. Gives home to more than 14,000 animals of 1,500 species. They have a giant panda, orang-utans, rhinos and many other rare and amazing animals. My favorites were [...]D: 6.1mi00
- Understand the systemBerlin has got 15 S-Bahn lines, 9 U-Bahn lines, more than 140 bus lines, more than 20 tram lines and several ferry lines as well, so you can basically get everywhere in the city and the surrounding area using public transportation. The [...]D: n/a00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Visit the big roman open air museum at the time when the plays of the roman reenactment groups take place. Every two years one of the biggest...
Night Life & Entertainment: Open air museum and plays in Xanten
The museum is dedicated to the history and art of wine. It is located in the Chartrons quarter, which was the traditional center of wine merchants....
History & Culture: Wine and Wine Trade Museum
Lion's oldest church, inauguration in 1107 is built in roman style. The round pillars are from a church form Rome.
Sightseeing: Basilique Saint-Martin-d'Ainay
If you're in Esztergom you must visit the Basilica (the Primatial Basilica of the Blessed Virgin Mary Assumed Into Heaven and St Adalbert). Besides...
Sightseeing: Esztergom Basilica
Visit the museum of ancient roman relicts and the roman baths in the city center.
General: The museum of ancient roman relicts
Essaouria is a beach town in south east morocco. Every city in Morocco has a Medina, which means old town. The entire medina is surrounded by a...
Sightseeing: Gates of Essaouira
Welcome to MyCebuRealEstate your wealth of information on Cebu Real Estate and Philippine Real Estate. Having a hard time finding the perfect...
General: Cebu Real Estate - Cebu House - Philippine Real Estate
Even if you can't stay in this amazingly beautiful hotel because you're on a budget, you should still go and take a look at it, or have a...
Sightseeing: The Driskill
This was the first museum that we went to and were provided with only an audio guide, so we had to spend a bit more time in The Sixth Floor Museum...
History & Culture: The Sixth Floor Museum
Hong Kong, China
Dedicated to the God of Literature, Man and the God of War, Kwan Yu (called also Mo), the temple is a very old, sacred place where disputes were...
History & Culture: The Man Mo Temple of Hong Kong