Checkpoint Charlie Museum, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Checkpoint Charlie Museum
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they have rebuilt it. Right next to the tower you will find the Haus am Checkpoint Charlie. This museum is a chronicle of the divided city and of those who tried to escape to the dream-like West, some succeeded and many failed and died.
Maybe the entrance is not very cheap, but I think it's definitely something everyone should see once in a lifetime.
Haus am Checkpoint Charlie
Adults 12,50 Euro
Pupils and students 9,50 Euro
There are also discounts for groups.
Every day from 9am to 10 pm.
How to get there:
The closest U-Bahn station is Kochstrasse (U6).
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- CityTourCard MuseumsinselThe CityTourCard Museumsinsel allows you to use the public transportation in the urban area (A and B) of Berlin. More than that, the Card gives you free admission into all the museums of the Museumsinsel (Old National Gallery, Altes Museum, [...]D: 0.9mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Brandenburg GateThe Brandenburg Gate is the symbol of the unification of East and West Berlin as it stood on no-man's land during the cold war and was reopened in December 1989. It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top [...]D: 1mi00
- Understand the systemBerlin has got 15 S-Bahn lines, 9 U-Bahn lines, more than 140 bus lines, more than 20 tram lines and several ferry lines as well, so you can basically get everywhere in the city and the surrounding area using public transportation. The [...]D: n/a00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you want to make an funny shortsightseeing through the town, take the monorail of Wuppertal. The first Monorail of germany. There can also...
General: The monorail of Wuppertal
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Manchester, United Kingdom
Never stops raining.
A general guideline when shopping in Batam – YOU BARGAIN, even at shopping malls, you BARGAIN! That’s a tip! Other than that, Batam is...
Shopping: Shopping Tips in Batam
If you are around, take yourself at least time for one day, to watch the ancient city weith it´s temple ruins and houses. But you should be there...
History & Culture: Mayan temples
If you want to see one of the oldest churches of cristianity, then you should visit the church of the holy Petrus at Antakya. This place is about...
History & Culture: Petrus Grotto at Antakya
Long Beach, California
This place offers some real good food and a fantastic atmosphere. I would say they really need to get the upstairs terasse open, but then that’s...
Food: Belmont Brewing Company
The only place where you can can have an excellent dinner and drink cocktails, having fun at a bar is the Pittsburgh Seviche Restaurant in the...
Food: Pittsburgh Seviche Restaurant
Rochester, New York
Put dryer sheets in your luggage to keep it fresh and maouse free!!
General: Dryer sheets
Santa Cruz, California
The Mystery Spot is probably one of the weirdest man-made places you can see anywhere on earth. If you've seen any of those surrealist paintings of...
Sightseeing: The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz