Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Brandenburg Gate
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top, the statue of the goddess of victory on a four horsed chariot.
The Gate is closed for cars and buses so you can enjoy a nice walk on the Pariser Platz next to the gate, under the gate or around the gate. ;)
It is free.
You can visit it any time, day and night.
How to get there:
With U-Bahn: Brandenburger Tor station (U55)
With S-Bahn: Unter den Linden station, (S1, S2)
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Berlin Zoo and AqariumThe Berlin Zoo is just amazing. It is the oldest zoo in Germany and it's huge. Gives home to more than 14,000 animals of 1,500 species. They have a giant panda, orang-utans, rhinos and many other rare and amazing animals. My favorites were [...]D: 6.1mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
- Pergamon MuseumThis is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is the Ishtar Gate, which is simply amazing. Also they have the Pergamon Altar. There are also a [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Bird SteakhouseI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The old church in Hollola is pretty ok. Especially in the summer. Every other year they hold a medieval fair, that's very good.
Sightseeing: The medieval greystone church of Hollola
Silk is manufactured in Lyon since the 16th century. They make beautiful things of skill, it must be one of the best jobs. :) The workshop can...
History & Culture: Silk workshop
York, United Kingdom
York is a beautiful walled city on the river Ouse, with Viking roots and archeology to explore in the Viking Centre, Tudor buildings overhanging...
General: The Cliffords Tower and Castle Museum
In Budapest at most of the places you have to pay if you want to park your car. The fee is a little high but it's quite hard to find a place where...
General: Parking in Budapest
While in Bali you must visit the monkey temple in Uluwatu. You get an awesome view from the high cliffs where the temple sits and the temple itself...
History & Culture: Uluwatu - Monkey Temple
Casino Royale Goa, India's largest casino vessel is the hallmark of sophistication and grandeur. Floating on the tranquil Mandovi River in Goa, it...
General: Casino Royale Goa
Apart from the great architectural heritage the city has, the Mughalai cuisine is something that one should never miss. The famous Kababs(made of...
Food: Travel tip
This place is extremely wonderful... u cant believe your eyes when u visit this holy place due to its awesome tile works and colored glass!!! u can...
History & Culture: Nasir-al-mulk mosque
If you are at the Lake Saint Ana, it has a great Bell Vedere point, from it you can se the entire lake
General: Lake Saint Ana
Buffalo, New York
Those who are at least a bit interested in the military or navy, this place will offer them quite an insight into their history and development...
Sightseeing: Erie County Naval and Military Park