Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Brandenburg Gate
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top, the statue of the goddess of victory on a four horsed chariot.
The Gate is closed for cars and buses so you can enjoy a nice walk on the Pariser Platz next to the gate, under the gate or around the gate. ;)
It is free.
You can visit it any time, day and night.
How to get there:
With U-Bahn: Brandenburger Tor station (U55)
With S-Bahn: Unter den Linden station, (S1, S2)
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Pergamon MuseumThis is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is the Ishtar Gate, which is simply amazing. Also they have the Pergamon Altar. There are also a [...]D: 0.8mi00
- The Bird SteakhouseI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
Old Montreal is famous for its history which tells of trade, politics, entertainment and immigration. Many people, mostly from France and England...
History & Culture: The Old Town of Montreal
Close to Montepeiller, there is the village St. Guilhem le Désert. This medieval village is one of the most beautiful ones of France and lies on...
Food: St. Guilhem le Désert
If you go to the Olymp mountain you have to stop here! This is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen! On one side you see the sea on...
Sightseeing: Litochoro - a place you should see!
The Kilkenny Castle was built in the 12th century. It is definitely a must see, if you are in the area. It was renovated in the 19th century and...
History & Culture: Kilkenny Castle
The National Park is huge and beautiful. It is right next to the city, so you can easily reach it wherever in Killarney you would be. The Park...
Outdoors Activities: Killarney National Park
Indroda Park is quite an old park on the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar Highway spread in over 400 hectares on the bank of river Sabarmati. It is...
Outdoors Activities: Indroda Park
Thompson plaza is a shopping centre with many stores that sells almost all kind things. there are clothing stores, food stores, pet stores and many...
Shopping: Thompson Plaza
Beverly Hills, California
Well, everybody knows Rodeo Drive because of Richard Gere and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. Rodeo Drive is really what is depicted in the movies,...
Shopping: Rodeo Drive
This is a fantastic site, and very few people know it because the more famous National Parks like Zion National Park, and Bryce Canyon are...
Outdoors Activities: Coral Red and Pink Sand Dunes
Making a tour of Florida, we visited Coral Castle in Miami, because we heard so much about it. Seeing some pictures about the place I wasn’t...
Sightseeing: Coral Castle in Florida - An Amazing Sight