Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Brandenburg Gate
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top, the statue of the goddess of victory on a four horsed chariot.
The Gate is closed for cars and buses so you can enjoy a nice walk on the Pariser Platz next to the gate, under the gate or around the gate. ;)
It is free.
You can visit it any time, day and night.
How to get there:
With U-Bahn: Brandenburger Tor station (U55)
With S-Bahn: Unter den Linden station, (S1, S2)
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Pergamon MuseumThis is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is the Ishtar Gate, which is simply amazing. Also they have the Pergamon Altar. There are also a [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Berlin Zoo and AqariumThe Berlin Zoo is just amazing. It is the oldest zoo in Germany and it's huge. Gives home to more than 14,000 animals of 1,500 species. They have a giant panda, orang-utans, rhinos and many other rare and amazing animals. My favorites were [...]D: 6.1mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
If you want to feel party, go to Alicante during the time of the 'Hogueras de San Juan' at the 24th of june. A lot of exceptional sculptures are...
General: There you should go!
The town of Zamora was founded by the Romans and is located one hour north of Salamanca and one hour west of Portugal. The city is famous for the...
Sightseeing: The town of Zamora
For a traditional English drink in the heart of French territory, I recommend 'The Pub'. This is a sports bar, mostly English sports, that is...
Family & Fun: The Pub
Blackpool, United Kingdom
If there is a daredevil inside of you, or you are looking for an ideal place to spend a lazy afternoon with the family, head on down to Pleasure...
General: Pleasure Beach Theme Park, Blackpool, United Kingdom
You should definitely try out the 'Cave Bath' from Miskolc! It's an extraordinary experience...
Family & Fun: Cave bathing
Kodaikanal is a popular hill station in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. This hill station is famous for its scenic beauty and Kodai Lake....
Night Life & Entertainment: Kodaikanal tour packages
Visit Bratislava in November or December if you would like to see all the streets decorated, beautiful Christmas trees on the squares and of course...
Family & Fun: Christmas Market, Bratislava
Choosing the Cultural Center tour of Preservation Wayne was a great choice for me, because this way I was able to get a bigger picture of...
History & Culture: Cultural city tour in Detroit
Go place, see and absorb the culture as if it was your own