Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Brandenburg Gate
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top, the statue of the goddess of victory on a four horsed chariot.
The Gate is closed for cars and buses so you can enjoy a nice walk on the Pariser Platz next to the gate, under the gate or around the gate. ;)
It is free.
You can visit it any time, day and night.
How to get there:
With U-Bahn: Brandenburger Tor station (U55)
With S-Bahn: Unter den Linden station, (S1, S2)
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- Tiergarten parkIf you want to relax in the middle of Berlin, you can visit the park called Tierpark. It´s the green lung of the city. Close to it there are mayn sights you might also visit, like the 'Schloss Belvue', the 'Siegessäule', the 'Reichstag' [...]D: 1.6mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
- About how to get from A to B in the german capital cityTake yourself time, if want to get from point A to B with public transport. Transportation is very good, but there are always huge distances between the spots. [...]D: 1.2mi10
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
- Understand the systemBerlin has got 15 S-Bahn lines, 9 U-Bahn lines, more than 140 bus lines, more than 20 tram lines and several ferry lines as well, so you can basically get everywhere in the city and the surrounding area using public transportation. The [...]D: n/a00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
If you like history and when you have aqlready been to ancient pompei, you shoudl also visit the Pompejanum at Aschaffenburg. It´s a modern built...
History & Culture: Pompejanum
When any of us think about the Galapagos we usually think of huge tortoises and Charles Darwin the man who created the idea of evolution. The...
Sightseeing: Charles Darwin Station
The Royal Palace used to be the residence of the Spanish kings and queens. Now it is only used for official ceremonies and when foreign diplomats...
History & Culture: Royal Palace
If you are at Nimes, and you are interested in looking at roman history, you should visit several places. The amphitheater, from the end of the 1st...
History & Culture: Ancient Nemausus in the modern city area
The Angio d'Or, ot Golden Angel is a very nice little place with acceptable prices. The atmosphere is very intimate and I was told that the...
Food: Angiol d'Or
The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk are world heritage sites since 1997.This wonderful group of buildings is a reminder of the more than 10,000...
General: The 19 windmills of Kinderdijk
Located outside Disneyland and adjacent to the magical Hotel Resort, the entertainment, shopping and dining venue, also called Downtown Disney is...
Shopping: Downtown Disney
Family Fun getaway for my family and friends with love
Family & Fun: Family Get Away
If you visit the island of Oahu in Hawaii, make sure that you take a day to spend at Lani Kai beach. It is the most amazing beach i have been to....
General: Best Beaches Ever
Presque Isle, Maine
Maine is known as the best place for getting lobsters. Buying hard shell lobsters, in contrast to soft shell, gives you more meat for your dollar.