Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany
Travel tips > Europe > Germany > Berlin > Brandenburg Gate
- History & Culture travel tip
- City center
It stands on 12 columns having Doric capitals and with The Quadria on the top, the statue of the goddess of victory on a four horsed chariot.
The Gate is closed for cars and buses so you can enjoy a nice walk on the Pariser Platz next to the gate, under the gate or around the gate. ;)
It is free.
You can visit it any time, day and night.
How to get there:
With U-Bahn: Brandenburger Tor station (U55)
With S-Bahn: Unter den Linden station, (S1, S2)
Recent travel tips for Berlin
- The Bird SteakhouseI spent about 4 days in Berlin and went to this New York style bar & restaurant twice. They are located in Prenzlauer Berg and are surround by many other restaurants and bars as well. If you are looking for a good steak in Berlin, then the [...]D: 1.5mi41
- Pergamon MuseumThis is one fascinating place. If you are into ancient cultures and art, you should definitely go there. The most important item at this museum is the Ishtar Gate, which is simply amazing. Also they have the Pergamon Altar. There are also a [...]D: 0.8mi00
- Understand the systemBerlin has got 15 S-Bahn lines, 9 U-Bahn lines, more than 140 bus lines, more than 20 tram lines and several ferry lines as well, so you can basically get everywhere in the city and the surrounding area using public transportation. The [...]D: n/a00
- Checkpoint Charlie MuseumCheckpoint Charlie was a watchtower from where they controlled the area of the Berlin Wall that divided West and East Berlin so that nobody can cross from East to West. The tower was demolished together with the Wall, but in 2001 they [...]D: 1.6mi00
- East Side GalleryThis is a site between East and West Berlin which was created after the fall of the wall. Some well-known artists have made some significant pieces of artwork like paintings with political and philosophical contents. It's very much worth to [...]D: 2.9mi00
Things about Berlin you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
It´s an open air museum from stone age and bronze age times (4.000 to 850 BC). You can see there a lot of historic and authentic reconstructed...
History & Culture: Museum of neolithic settlement
I find very interesting the Odense International Film Festival, I hope to have time to visit it soon. In case you want to know more about it: ...
History & Culture: The Odense International Film Festival
The building s the mortuary temple of the first known female pharaoh, Hatshepsut, who reigned in the 15th century BC. She was one of the most...
History & Culture: Hatshepsut Temple
A new shopping mall, called Forum, opened close to the city center. It's a place where you really can spend a whole day :) And if you get bored,...
Shopping: The Forum and the Debrecen Plaza malls
This was the first Christian abbey and monastery in Hungary at the very beginning of the 13th century. The building is beautiful, the monks are...
History & Culture: Benedictan Archabbey
Full of povety not safe choose another destination
General: Do not go
Visiting Bangkok is like visiting any other large city in the world. There is always something going on. The best time to visit Bangkok is during...
General: Best time to visit
With the most beautiful view of Lake Travis, the Oasis Restaurant is a popular lunch and dinner destination for people staying and visiting Austin....
Food: The Oasis Restaurant in Austin
There is definitely no other restaurant in Cincinnati that can serve such delicious ribs than the Montgomery Inn located at the Boathouse. We...
Food: Montgomery Inn
Raleigh, North Carolina
A really great place to eat in Raleigh is Margaux's Restaurant on Creedmoor Road. Though its Gothic-like decor may not seem the best choice for...
Food: Margaux's Restaurant