Public Transportation, Bangkok, Thailand
Travel tips > Asia > Thailand > Bangkok > Public Transportation
- Public Transportation travel tip
- City center
When the Sky Train is not available, use a Taxi, they are everywhere, they are cheap and they are usually air conditioned. If you are at one of the tourist attractions you should always ask for 'meter' prices, so that the taxi meter calculates the cost. Everywhere else, you will not get ripped off.
While Tuc Tucs look fun, it's not a good option, as they are noisy, slow, not air conditioned and you are constantly breathing bad air. They are also not much cheaper than regular cabs. Finally, do not take any 'free' Tuc Tucs' as they will take you many shops where they try to get you to buy things, it's not fun and people do get ripped off a lot.
24 / 7
Recent travel tips for Bangkok
- MBK Shopping CenterI guess especially when in Bangkok, you wanna spend some time relaxing indoors as well. There are really good places to shop at in Bangkok and the MBK is one of the largest, craziest places there is. I am not sure how many shops they have [...]D: 1mi01
- Best time to visitVisiting Bangkok is like visiting any other large city in the world. There is always something going on. The best time to visit Bangkok is during the late fall and early winter months. Even though you really don't spend too much time [...]D: 3.3mi00
- Define a Thailand Luxury TourLuxury Thailand tours are your passport to deluxe high-end spa resorts and accommodation stay with comfortable and opulent travel arrangements along with privately guided tours through Thailand’s amazing attractions with lux and exclusive [...]D: n/a00
- The flower market of BangkokThe flower market is very interesting, you should go in the morning and you'll see nothing but flowers everywhere. It's next to Little India and close to China town which are both worth a visit. Finally, enjoy some real Thai food on the [...]D: n/a00
- Le Venix hotel of BangkokWhen you search for a hotel, then you can go to the 'Le Venix'. It's beautiful: with swimming pool, hobby room, lobby an great rooms. [...]D: n/a00
Things about Bangkok you may be interested in
More travel tips you might be interested in
The Fastnacht(or in 'bärndütsch' fasnacht) is one of the bigest event in this muliticultural country, irrespectively of different...
Night Life & Entertainment: 'Fastnacht'
The building of the Step Pyramid of Djoser was a very important moment in the Egyptian Architecture for it was the first stone pyramid built in...
History & Culture: Pyramid of Djoser
Visiting Helsinki Finland this summer.Lucky you A great tip to explore and view the City of Helsinki is on the city trams.Number 3B & 3T travel in...
Public Transportation: Helsinki By Street Tram
Pelion Mountain is very close to the city of Volos, you can easily reach it from the city by taking the bus. There are so many amazing things there...
Outdoors Activities: Pelion Mountain
If you like swimming or just sun-bathing on the beach, go and spend a few days at the Balaton. If you like to party all night long with great DJs...
General: The Balaton lake and Siofok
Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein is a small little town. Its smaller then most towns that I have visited in Spain and there is very little to see...
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fong Lye Restaurant serves really good Taiwanese and Chinese cuisine and dishes. There is a huge variety of food that one can choose from at this...
Food: Fong Lye Restaurant
Grand Canyon Village, Arizona
Bright Angel Trail is certainly the most famous of all trails at Grand Canyon. You’ll need a lot of time to do the whole trail. If you do the...
Outdoors Activities: Bright Angel Trail
Opal is a great dining place situated in the Queen Anne area having a lot of special menus for all tastes. I went with some friends and we were...
Food: Opal Restaurant in Seattle
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Vietnam luxury vacation One of the best travel deals for luxury vacations is to explore the must see destination and in between try to add some of...
General: Luxury Vacation stay in Nha Trang, Vietnam