Avebury Henge, United Kingdom
Travel tips > Europe > United Kingdom > Avebury > Avebury Henge
- Outdoors Activities travel tip
- City center
You can easily find it and spend here a day if you are with car. it's very close to London, so if you are in the area, you can simply visit Avebury. It is really magical, like walking with the ancients.
Archaeologists don't exactly know what was the purpose of the stone circles, but they say the it took 1,5 million hours to deforest the area, construct the ditches and put the stones to their places, so it must have been very important.
Also visit the Alexander Keiller Museum which is in the village and has the richest archeological collection collection of the UK.
Avebury, Wiltshire, UK
Free except for the parking fee.
Recent travel tips for United Kingdom
- FlyAfrica Travel AgencyAfrican Travel Agency Few places on the blue planet offer an excellent level of variety to get you close to the wildlife, experience the vibe of flourishing cities as well as enjoy surfing with some of the highest waves you can ever [...]D: 1mi00
- London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer ServiceHello, I got a quick useful information for people traveling to London. If they any London Airport Taxi Cab Transfer Service than they can try Hummingbird Cars http://www.airportransfers.net/ They also provide 5 % Discount [...]D: n/a00
- Changing the GuardChanging the Guard at Buckingham Palace one of the best free activities in London. It takes place at the courtyard of the Palace at 11:30, but you should arrive there early to get a good view. There are some ceremonial days when there is no [...]D: 1.8mi00
- The TowerThe Tower of London is one of the most interesting and the oldest buildings in London. You can get there with the tube, you just have to get off t the Tower Bridge station. You can take a walk around the Tower for free. You can also go into [...]D: 3.9mi20
- Camel Trekking Morocco Desert TripJust a few lines to explain our experience.I was traveling alone with my two children, arrived at Marrakech for seven days, I had said that with 3 days had enough, and the rest do I do with children?Contract Moha & Youssef ( www [...]D: 1423mi00
Things about Avebury you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
More travel tips you might be interested in
Are you looking for a trip that offers you a chance to get off the beaten track in Northern Vietnam. In addition to that, it is still able to...
General: Off the beaten track Travel by Custom Vietnam Travel
If you are going to Constance, coming from the north of germany, direction of Ravensburg, take the ferry at Meersburg. It will save you at least 30...
Public Transportation: Taking a shortcut to the city
In a former property of the monastery of Weingarten, there is the new Fasnetsmuseum. It was founded on 2003 and shows you the rich culture and...
History & Culture: Fasnetsmuseum
This 5 star restaurant is the best restaurant in Toledo. The restaurant is located in one of the old arab houses from the 17th century. Locum in...
Food: Restaurant Locum
The infamous Tannery is the location where all leather is made in Morocco. There are Tanneries in many cities but the Fes Tannery is famous and you...
Mexico City, Mexico
As the name suggests, Tierra de Vinos is a place for wine tasting. They have an immense collection of wine, I haven't practically seen a wine...
Food: Tierra de Vinos
When I am in Bangkok, I always stop at this place, simply because I love how they got such a huge selection of fish, meat, veggies etc. They use...
Food: Oishi Grand Buffet at Siam Discovery
El Djem, Tunisia
You should really take a look at the ancient roman amphitheater in the town center. Prices are moderate.
General: Ancient roman amphiteater
Charleston, West Virginia
For a peaceful but also an entertaining retreat from the city, Cato Park is the best place to go. It not only includes picnic areas but a huge golf...
Outdoors Activities: A Walk in Cato Park
Take a walk on the main street of Zakopane in the winter - it's just simple beautiful! Everything is covered with snow, there are a lot of street...
Sightseeing: Visit it on the winter