Boon Lay Sights and Landmarks Guide, Singapore
Since Boon Lay is more of a village or a residential estate, according to some, there are not a lot of sights that you can go to see. In spite of this, Boon Lay is still worth a visit. In fact, it is a home to remarkable buildings and parks.
Since Boon Lay is a newly established town, most of its facilities are contemporary and modernized which entice the attention of the people. The buildings found in the area are some of the sights where you could enjoy these things.
· Jurong West Community Library. The library is located at the Frontier Community Club. It was redeveloped in 2006 and it now has modern facilities such as cybrarians, audio-visual materials and self-service kiosks. The library also has a vast collection of comic books.
· Boon Lay Community Centre. This is where every single one of the activities of the community happens. It has a mini-theatre and basketball court. It also has a multi-purpose hall where you can play badminton, and practice dancing or taekwondo. Although this is a community centre, the place is not exclusive for residents. In fact, they are ready to welcome visitors and allow them to take part in the activities.
· Boon Lay Art Centre. If you want to witness the artistic talent of the locals, you can visit this place. Both western and eastern art are employed on the pieces here.
· Jurong Point Shopping Centre. This is one of the most lucrative uptown malls in the country. It has 7 floors and more than 200 shops and dining areas.
Boon Lay is not a very big town. Hence, traversing around the village-town is easy. Tourist can hop from one park to the other.
· Jurong Bird Park. This is a perfect haven for anyone who loves birds. Aside from being locked up in cages, some of the birds are in a huge replica of their natural habitat. A must-see is the Penguin Expedition where you can find different species of penguins. Another is the World of Darkness wherein you can witness some nocturnal birds. If you would not be too afraid to feed birds, you can visit the Lorry Loft. Guests can also watch the Birds and Buddies Show being performed at 11 am and 3 pm.
· Japanese Garden. This is one of the most attractive looking parks in Boon Lay. It is located at around 2.7 kilometers from the Jurong Point Shopping Centre. Visitors can walk and enjoy the refreshing breeze or bond with family or friends while having a picnic.
Since Boon Lay is still a new town, developments will surely come in time. For now, you could take a glimpse of modernization around the area. Being part of a very clean and orderly country, you will definitely be mesmerized by its surroundings.
Things about Boon Lay you may be interested in1 1 1 157
1ac The server cannot find the requested page:
17 brokerage.linkadage.com a4 /engine.php?LinkUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.travelgrove.com%2Ftravel-guides%2FSingapore%2FBoon-Lay-Sights-c1822837.html&Key=48SK-M2A6-H4EM&OpenInNewWindow=1 (port 2 80 73 )
Read our members' reviews about Boon Lay
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Boon Lay
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.