Kuching Sights and Landmarks Guide, MalaysiaSights to see in Kuching, Malaysia
Kuching is the largest and capital city of Sarawak, an East Malaysian state. Kuching provides a heavenly experience to the tourists as it is one of the major tourist destinations of Sarawak. In this city, you may enjoy several sightseeing activities among which are sightseeing the city and visiting museums.
Museums: The must visit places in Kuching are definitely its museums.
· The Chinese History Museum: It is a small colonial museum which used to provide as the Chinese Court in Kuching. It now houses small exhibition of regional worthies and Chinese groups of Kuching.
· Dewan Tun Abdul Razak: It has a good gifts shop and houses several changing exhibitions.
· Fort Margherita: Formerly, it protected the city from possible attacks. Now, it has become a Police Museum as many old cannons, guns, cannon balls, pistols, vestiges and swords may be seen in its artillery.
· Sarawak Museum: It is the oldest one in Borneo. Now, it houses several historical items and ethnic displays of the city.
· Cat Museum: It displays a huge collection of the cat memorabilia. Cat lovers may find all types of exhibits, feline art, cat souvenirs and photos here and it also houses interesting cat characters such as Felix, Sonic and Garfield.
· Islamic Museum: There are 7 galleries in the museum which set around the central courtyard garden.
Other popular museums in the city that are worth visiting include the Timber Museum, Textile Museum, Pua Kumbu Museum, the Sarawak Planetarium and Tua Pek Kong Temple.
Sightseeing: There are various locations where visitors can enjoy sightseeing.
· Civic Centre: It is a complex where planetarium, viewing platform, library and rotating restaurants are combined under a single roof.
· Kuching Mosque: Also known as State Mosque or Divisional Mosque, it has been rebuilt with a striking design and features a mixture of Italian and Mid-western architecture.
· Masjid Jamed: It is an air-conditioned and comfortable mosque and has been a favorite place for the Friday prayers.
· Masja: This is a perfect area for walking, jogging and romantic sightseeing. There is a Masja garden, Masja complex and a pond with a bridge linking both sides of the road.
· Kuching waterfront: During day, it is the perfect place to see Astana, Kampung Lintang, Malay Kampungs of Kampung Sinjan and Fort Margherita. During night, many lovers, love makers and youngsters can be seen here.
· Main Bazaar: Here, you can shop some of the best Sarawak handicrafts and souvenirs.
Other places worth visiting are Kuching Reservoir, Sunday Market, Friendship Garden, Astana and Sarawak State Library.
Things about Kuching you may be interested inBe the first who requests a site listing for this page.
Read our members' reviews about Kuching
No reviews have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.
Read our members' travel tips about Kuching
No travel tips have been added yet for this category. Be the first to add a new one.